Author Topic: CH Product prob  (Read 840 times)

Offline ZXMAW

• Copper Member
CH Product prob
« on: December 02, 2001, 11:41:00 PM »
I know some of you use CH products and was wondering if any of you have experienced any speed key probs. My prob concerns the hat veiws. Sometimes when I use my hat it will veer off and get stuck. If any of you had a problem trying to save a head position because you went to far and the view veared off and got stuck, you would know that the only way to reset it is to pull up the map and start over.
While in flight I have been experiencing the same prob. I've just recently switched from a MS Pre Pro to CH products. Anyone have a solution or have seen the same thing?
If you have any other comments to make about the use of CH products please do  :)

I'm using a CH throt and combat stick with peds. System is compaq  AMD 350 (98) w plenty of ram BTW.

ZXMAW

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by ZXMAW:
Sometimes when I use my hat it will veer off and get stuck. If any of you had a problem trying to save a head position because you went to far and the view veared off and got stuck, you would know that the only way to reset it is to pull up the map and start over.
While in flight I have been experiencing the same prob.
I'm using a CH throt and combat stick with peds. System is compaq  AMD 350 (98) w plenty of ram BTW.

ZXMAW

Yeah, that happens to me, too...but only
when I'm trying to set and save a head position. I have all CH gear, too.....

Any suggestions, HTC?

dh

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
CH Product prob
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2001, 02:14:00 AM »
Sometimes when I use my hat it will veer off and get stuck.

If you mean your view 'sticks' in one position, this is a problem Zeb (my husband) had in AW a couple of years ago.  At the time he used the 'pinky' button on the joystick as an 'up modifier' for his views.  However, it seems that if one of the red buttons is used as a modifier, it causes problems like you describe.  He cured his by moving the 'up modifier' to one of the grey buttons on the throttle and reassigned the 'pinky' to a single command.  He has not had any problems with stuck views since.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Flossy ]
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Flossy:

He has not had any problems with stuck views since.

Yes, I also had that wierdness in AW. This particular problem occurs when I 1)hold down the back/left or back/right view, 2) Press the page up button to move head position, 3) the view seems to "slip" and 4) when you go back to the default forward view, the view is now forward/right and stuck there.

When it is really bad, it seems as if the shift key is stuck--when the " . " is pressed, only the " > " shows up--you can't even do a ".ef" to quit--you have to do a hard reset. Thanks for tryin tho, Flos!

dh

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
CH Product prob
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Horn:
Thanks for tryin tho, Flos!

OK, was worth a shot.  LOL, I'm no tech-head, but if think I recognise a symptom of something I have seen an answer to in the past, I will usually try to suggest it rather than not saying anything - just occasionally I might get it right!   :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
I know some of you use CH products and was wondering if any of you have experienced any speed key probs. My prob concerns the hat veiws. Sometimes when I use my hat it will veer off and get stuck. If any of you had a problem trying to save a head position because you went to far and the view veared off and got stuck, you would know that the only way to reset it is to pull up the map and start over.
While in flight I have been experiencing the same prob. I've just recently switched from a MS Pre Pro to CH products. Anyone have a solution or have seen the same thing?
If you have any other comments to make about the use of CH products please do   :)

ZXMAW

I get that wierd veer off thingy when saving head positions too. All CH gear here too. I wonder if that means you've gone too far within the cockpit? It usually occurs when it seems I'm max'd out in one direction.
Anyway my fix for it is to bring up the clipboard and try again. Usually takes me a few attempts but I get em.

System works fine otherwise.

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline K West

• Silver Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2001, 03:24:00 PM »
"I get that wierd veer off thingy when saving head positions too. "

I got that too when I first came to AH and since then I ALWAYS spanw offline and use the NUMPAD to set my views.

Occasionaly I get the short "animated view that locks to that same position but bringing up the clipboard and then minimizing usually works. If not the ESC key does too quite often.

I think this problem is CH gear and the bios setting for the repeat speed on the keyboard or the Speedkeys REPEAT setting that may be the cause.

I'll post what mine is from home.

Westy

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
CH Product prob
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2001, 04:25:00 PM »
are you guys useing USB CH products ??\
   iv been useing CH for years and not ever had this problum .  just curious
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline K West

• Silver Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2001, 05:21:00 PM »
Actually all my CH gear is analog port stuff but I have them going to my USB port via a Rockfire USB-gameport adapter. MUCH better than a dedicated gamecard.

My settings under the Speedkeys SPEED tab are:

Repeat Delay: .3
Repeat Rate : 22
Max Key Rate: 25

Westy

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by O'Westy:
Actually all my CH gear is analog port stuff but I have them going to my USB port via a Rockfire USB-gameport adapter. MUCH better than a dedicated gamecard.

My settings under the Speedkeys SPEED tab are:

Repeat Delay: .3
Repeat Rate : 22
Max Key Rate: 25

Westy

Ok, I changed mine to your suggestions...my settings were .5, 10,15--we'll see if it works--I'm running analog gear thru a CH gamecard and have never had probs before...

Thanks!

dh

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
CH Product prob
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2001, 05:49:00 PM »
Also try changing the keyboard repeat rate in Windows control panel.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2001, 09:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup:
Also try changing the keyboard repeat rate in Windows control panel.

hmmmmmm? Where is this? Why should I do it?

inquiring minds.....wanna know!

dh

Offline ZXMAW

• Copper Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
[QB]

Yes, I also had that wierdness in AW. This particular problem occurs when I 1)hold down the back/left or back/right view,

Horn is correct, this is also when the lock up seems to happen to me while in flight  :mad:
Some good suggestions and were close to tracing it dn I think. I'll be checking my key stroke speeds in speed keys and windows.
Funked up brought up a good point because I had the same prob with my ms pre pro but only while setting the views, not while in flight. Now I need to find out if a higher or lower setting is needed.
ZX

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
CH Product prob
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2001, 02:26:00 AM »
hmmmmmm? Where is this? Why should I do it?

Go to Control Panel/Keyboard and there are two settings - repeat delay and repeat rate.  The first setting is how long you can hold a key down before it repeats, and the second is how quickly it repeats.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline orion8x

• Zinc Member
CH Product prob
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »
Hehe, didn't know so many people had this sort of a problem, and many I know from AW too.

Rockfire analog to usb converter is great: steadies things up, you can still use speedkeys since key command programming has that has no relation to control support. Problem is that they're hard to find and you cannot use a force-feedback stick in AH(but now in AW) as AH programming looks for the device name I think.

CH USB devices certainly is the best as everything works like a gem and controls are extremely precise.

ZXMAW, I got your email and I'm sorry I couldn't get back with you earlier. Also, I'm not sure if I have the answer and yes, I had experienced the same problem in the PAST but think I found a way around it. So here goes. I think the problem lies in the panning (spelling?) mode and if you somehow incorporate the instant view command F9 when you hit the runway(and before you start messing around with the head position), it all works well. A simple trick I've used is including the F9 command in my forward view key command and hit that every time before I take off.

Something else you should take note.Check the stick mapping setup and make sure they show up as "none" for all 4 possible sets. For some reason, mine had some keys mapped so I would be issuing multiple commands(speedkeys and stick mapping).

Let me know if that worked. Like I said, I had some problems some time back and wasn't sure if all the monkeying around somehow cured it...and if it did, couldn't remember what I did.

Hehe,if you guys are in the problem solving mood, try figuring how I can support my FX stick, with key mapping and force feedback support, hooked up along side with usb pro-throttle and rudders.
1. If I hook up a standalone FX stick, one of the hats will not be supported.
2. If I use the rockfire, force feedback is not supported. If AH could come up with a way to provide force feedback to the fx stick even when it(AH) sees a rockfire device supported [this is what happens when I hook up the fx stick to the rockfire device], I MAY be able to do something.
3. I hate the springs on the combat stick as it's too soft and I don't have the time to go to Home Depot to buy some heavy duty ones.

Only solution I've found so far is to have analog prothrottle(and fx stick) hooked up alongside my USB pro-throttle so as to support my keymapping for my usb pro-throttle (thru control manager)AND my analog FX stick(thru speedkeys). It all works fine too. Thank God I'm not ambitious enough nor smart enough to remember all the programmed keys on both throttles plus the stick. Hehe!

Good luck guys!

Orion of the CMC   :cool: