Author Topic: 8plyr voice chat  (Read 304 times)

Offline VSkwidd

• Zinc Member
8plyr voice chat
« on: February 24, 2007, 06:16:30 PM »
ok in my hosted games, only me and my dad can chat using vox... (lan connection maybe?)
but no1 else in my server can communicate with channel vox, not sure about range yet... i've looked and looked in the arena settings and thought maybe it was communication flags but it, sure enough, was not...

any suggested fixes for this problem would be greatly appreciated as i would love to talk to my squadron since i had to temporarily discontinue my account :cry

so im trying to get caught back up and dogfight at the same time, but is proving very difficult without my mic...

THX-
-VSkwidd

Offline VSkwidd

• Zinc Member
8plyr voice chat
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 03:44:00 AM »
so still no response, guessing there is no fix for this ?

=[

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
8plyr voice chat
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 03:53:12 AM »
Well,

I can only tell you that in some rooms voice will work and in some not. It has something to do with the router brand basically... on some it works on some not. Check (search) the Free Multiplayer Forum, theres been a lot of threads in the past discussing this problem. If youve done all you could (router setup wise) and vox is still a no workie, then I guess youve got one of the routers that dont support vox.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
8plyr voice chat
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 11:46:49 PM »
Schatzi wrote:

" It has something to do with the router brand basically... on some it works on some not. "

Amen.  

I've looked all over all of these forums for years on this subject, and NOBODY has EVER definitively said: "I have a NAT router that supports AH voice while hosting". Plenty of rumors to that effect, but nothing specific. I've personally tried 4 different NAT routers, and all of them support AH voice in client mode (when accessing a host server that has no router) but none of them support AH voice when I'm the host.

Incidentally, with ALL of the NAT routers I've used, I get exactly the same symptoms that you report: People on my LAN can use AH voice between each other, but nobody out on the Internet gets AH voice thru the router.

So....   I host TeamSpeak voice. Works great!

Regards,

-Peabody-

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
8plyr voice chat
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 06:39:28 AM »
The problem is lack of support for "UDP over NAT" in most consumer routers.

Motorola is the only company I know which makes a router which has full support for "UDP over NAT".  There are many who use it and it works fine.  I do not have the model number handy, but you can contact Motorola and ask which router they have that does support "UDP over NAT" and get an answer.

I do not know of any Linksys, DLink, or Netgear router which has proper support for UDP over NAT.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline VSkwidd

• Zinc Member
8plyr voice chat
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 03:41:46 PM »
Thank you Skuzzy, very helpful information
I use Linksys
however, in the main arena im perfectly capable of using internet chat, but in the 8 plyr i can only talk to my father, the next room over,  via the AHII chat. :huh
any particular reasons?