Author Topic: New fliers observation on AH, IL2, TW  (Read 1728 times)

Offline richard_rd

• Copper Member
New fliers observation on AH, IL2, TW
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2007, 06:13:01 PM »
Very true,  thanks to our old buddy called internet lag.  His plane could actually be 200 mSec ahead on his front end then you see of his plane on your front end.  This is also what cause all the cries and moans about the collision model in the game, even though your front end may see his plane ram you, on his front end he may have avoided the collision in the last 200 mSec.  

The speed of light and electrons traversing a copper wire are not going to change any time soon so we will always have about 1 mSec of delay for every 100 miles of distance your data path travels, but hopefully the next generation of the WWW and Internet routers will be able to drastically cut down on the delay and jitter caused by the routers internal buffers, this is were 90% of Internet delay comes from.

Offline Uriah

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2007, 10:29:49 PM »
Happy to say I got my first kill tonight in a legit dogfight.  He knew I was coming but I got the fellow anyway (all internal of course).

by the way

On a practical note for no external views, If your flying outside the plane, Where is the crosshair huh? How do you know effectivly where to shoot? Ok, you can have a dmn good guess, but in internal view, you get a crosshair. Thats better than a darn guess

You just don't get what I am doing.  99.9 percent is in the cockpit.  It is just split seconds of outside views that give me a sense of where I am.  In a sim game that gives good proper outside views it looks like a movie.  Not a flat paper plane cut out moving back and forth in front of a flat picture.

And even in the cockpit what good are crosshairs.  You gotta shoot where he will be, not where he is.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2007, 07:50:53 AM »
Still need to know where the bullets are going to go.

As to the knife fight, come see me in the TA some afternoon.

I'll show you a knife fight you won't forget anytime soon.
You haven't lived till you've dueled val's!