Author Topic: Triple Buffs Should GO  (Read 9428 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2007, 05:55:53 PM »
Boner, the loadout of the aircraft very much affects their performance. On top of that even if they were forced to take 100% fuel there would be no limiting their top speed, further disrupting the gameplay balance.

To force them to slow down there seem to be only 2 options. 1) induce engine death if they run it too high too long (not likely to show up in this game) or 2) increase fuel burn so high they HAVE to throttle back even with 100% fuel.

The whole 1000:100 was a way of figuring out what the fuel burn needs to be set to, so that bombers are forced to cruise to and from the target, as they did historically.

EDIT: Saw lusche's post.

Lusche, I'll do some testing offline, but bombers didn't use full throttle when climbing, either. 10 is just a rough estimate.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2007, 06:07:08 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Boner, the loadout of the aircraft very much affects their performance. On top of that even if they were forced to take 100% fuel there would be no limiting their top speed, further disrupting the gameplay balance.

To force them to slow down there seem to be only 2 options. 1) induce engine death if they run it too high too long (not likely to show up in this game) or 2) increase fuel burn so high they HAVE to throttle back even with 100% fuel.

The whole 1000:100 was a way of figuring out what the fuel burn needs to be set to, so that bombers are forced to cruise to and from the target, as they did historically.

EDIT: Saw lusche's post.

Lusche, I'll do some testing offline, but bombers didn't use full throttle when climbing, either. 10 is just a rough estimate.

gameplay balance???

the planes are all fine.

enough of the historically correct stuff already

the game is what it is!!!

yeah--lets slow the buffs down and make them even easier to kill. yaaaaay!!

C'MON LETS GET OUTTA HERE AND GO PLAY---ITS FUN!!!!     REALLY!!!!

im not tryin to cut down your point Krusty

and i admire your knowledge on the subject.

but ---- its a game

its not meant to be 100% historically correct.

its supposed to be fun.

your playground buddy,

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2007, 06:11:14 PM »
Boner, not to be offensive.. okay maybe a little, but..

Do you even play this game?

Do you do anything other than mindless furballing at 100 feet AGL?

Have you ever shot a bomber down this tour? The past 5 tours?

If you answered yes to those three questions you know the planes are NOT "all fine"

And that "gameplay balance??" you scoff at -- it's what makes this game such a hit. It's why 262s and tempests are perked (for gameplay balance) and why we have ENY, and why the arenas were split up, and many many many other aspects that make this game unique amongst all others. This entire game is about balance. The balance with the bombers is off. It has been for a while. Slowing the bombers down would restore balance, and wouldn't infringe on your mindless furballing at all, so I can't see why you'd be so upset at suggestions regarding it.

EDIT: What if you had a racing game where a Pinto was almost twice as fast as it ever ran in real life? What if you could stomp on the gas pedal and HOLD in there in said pinto, and not blow out a rod or a piston, and actually hold your own against Ford Mustangs and Chargers? Historical situations DO come into play, even if you're not trying to make it a historical re-creation of what happened. You have to at LEAST get the end results right (i.e. the pinto isn't going to out run jack or squat).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:13:50 PM by Krusty »

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2007, 06:29:34 PM »
The way to fix the buffs is to turn on the "Wind". Even a lite cross wind is going to make pin point bombing harder.

But to do this I think HTC has to turn off auto-takeoffs...

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »
So far, this is the first time (hack-cough-excuse me) I agree with Krusty.

Bombers that are flat out doing just under 300 is historicaly a little INSANE, I understand that B24's were a faster cruise, but how long was that possible before they caught fire?

Outside of that, Oh powers that be, please leave everything the same.  

My TA-152-H gets buff hungry on a daily basis for milk runners and strat eggers.

PLEASE take up 3 at a time!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!

:D    :rofl     :lol    

68ROX

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »
many fine points being made here,and while I would be considered a noob,I also consider myself to be pretty good at bombing..It is what I always do..I am not so great in a fighter plane I admit.And I could probably be better if I practiced more,but the fact of the matter is,that my connection lacks..What I mean is that I am on satellite link-up,and quite often when flying And working on getting another plane in my sight's.they will warp a bit due to the latency,but not always so I get some kills.But I do not like to take chance,so I BOMB...

For those of you who think bombing is easy for us..think about this..If I we want to get to 19-20K,we are going to have to have a high altitude base close to where we want to go,or we are going to be about 30 minutes minimum flying to our target...And for what??? So that someone in a 110 or 109 will more than likely be waiting for us there.yea I want to take out what I am aiming for,most of the time I do,and sometimes I miss one or two.So lets say I hit what I intended and I want to hit more..

so I turn....

Well if I do not turn slow enough my drones want to go torwards another base.lol
or high to left or right of the heavens.I am going to have to slow my turn enough for them to keep up,but I have accepted this..I think it is an ok problem I am willing to deal with.

Lets say I am over a furball,as it has been stated lances=easy kills usually,IF you know how to come at them...I have been killed easily by someone who KNOWS how to take them down.And if the BB's on a lance do knock you down out of the sky..you have some things to re-think about your way of attacking them..

And another thing to think about...If you are on my 6 and you knock out my tail-guns,and I have bombs left,and I HAVE to get my target..what am I to do?? I am going to fly that puppy to within an inch of its rated flying parameters..And I have to do this all the while trying to keep my drones with me..NO it is not easy by any means..

My last chance is to dive bomb my target,hoping I have my drones with me,and sometimes I dont,and hope and pray it hits the target...

Maybe the bombers do go faster in this game as opposed to real life.But are they really so fast that anyone who is smart enough to go up "TOP' of a base cant catch them?

See you in my bomb sight,
                                                   Kevin

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2007, 07:10:47 PM »
Easy solution falcon... get a few friends to go with you.

1 110 flying into a formation of 3-4 boxes of buffs= dead 110

Fight jocks realize to take a friend or 2 into a fight, why don't the bomber guys wise up and do the same?
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2007, 07:19:38 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Boner, not to be offensive.. okay maybe a little, but..

Do you even play this game?

Do you do anything other than mindless furballing at 100 feet AGL?

Have you ever shot a bomber down this tour? The past 5 tours?

If you answered yes to those three questions you know the planes are NOT "all fine"

And that "gameplay balance??" you scoff at -- it's what makes this game such a hit. It's why 262s and tempests are perked (for gameplay balance) and why we have ENY, and why the arenas were split up, and many many many other aspects that make this game unique amongst all others. This entire game is about balance. The balance with the bombers is off. It has been for a while. Slowing the bombers down would restore balance, and wouldn't infringe on your mindless furballing at all, so I can't see why you'd be so upset at suggestions regarding it.

EDIT: What if you had a racing game where a Pinto was almost twice as fast as it ever ran in real life? What if you could stomp on the gas pedal and HOLD in there in said pinto, and not blow out a rod or a piston, and actually hold your own against Ford Mustangs and Chargers? Historical situations DO come into play, even if you're not trying to make it a historical re-creation of what happened. You have to at LEAST get the end results right (i.e. the pinto isn't going to out run jack or squat). [/B

yeah-i play every now and then. you??

mindless furballing???    am i that transparent??

used to fly buff alot more than i have lately

got 5x more bomber perks than fighter and attack perks.

i love flying buffs----reeeal hard defending them though.

b-17==287mph @25k

lancaster mk.1==286 @12k

b24m==290 mph@25k

b24d==303mph@25k

too fast for fighters to make mincemeat of?? c,mon.

i can,t seem to remember getting a fully loaded lanc up to that speed.

sure they couldn,t sustain that speed forever without inherent problems.

but for the sake of this game and making the flights of an endurable length
they can sustain those speeds, if they can even reach them---barely.

bombers are already easy prey.

lets slow them down and make the guns less accurate too!!!  yaaaaaay!!

lets take away the drones too!!!!

no wait---lets not give them any scores for shootin down fighters either!!

you are absolutley correct----what was i thinking

gonna go and mindlessly furball now,

Boner:cool:

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

storch

Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2007, 07:24:43 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Easy solution falcon... get a few friends to go with you.

1 110 flying into a formation of 3-4 boxes of buffs= dead 110

Fight jocks realize to take a friend or 2 into a fight, why don't the bomber guys wise up and do the same?
I disagree to an extent,  there have been many occassions where I've upped a single 110 and chanced upon multiple boxes of B24s or Lancs and come home with 12 kills and little damage.  I would be reticent to engage multiple boxes of B17s and if I did I come away with fewer killls.  the B24s and lancs light up fairly easily so I allow them to burn out while I hit the subsequent box and then return to a softened 1st box and so forth.  I love high front quarter slash passes they often net three quick kills but sometimes a ram which I inevitably lose.

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2007, 07:27:23 PM »
i want to make it so buffs can't dive bomb.  I hate the dive bombing lancs that drop there whole payload on the pad at Vbase.:furious :mad: :furious

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2007, 07:41:02 PM »
Originally posted by 68ROX
So far, this is the first time (hack-cough-excuse me) I agree with Krusty.

Bombers that are flat out doing just under 300 ............  

68ROX

What game are you playing? The most we do in level flight is around 200, and thats empty. Fully loaded, we are more like 165-170. 300 is quite an exageration.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2007, 07:49:24 PM »
Originally posted by blkmgc
What game are you playing? The most we do in level flight is around 200, and thats empty. Fully loaded, we are more like 165-170. 300 is quite an exageration.

Climb up off the deck...the speed will be at least 250+ up high ;)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2007, 07:51:41 PM »
Originally posted by blkmgc

yes-- i agree!!!!

my usual bomb release speed maxed out in a lanc or 17 is aprox. 225mph. flyin between 15k and 20+k

maybe we should cut the speed in half and not fire back at fighters at all.

don,t think i.ve seen the max airspeed of any of the buffs--ever!!

in fact i think i,ve had my wings and stuff start ripping off at a steep descending speed of aprox. 350 mph ,empty!!

fully loaded and level doing 300mph is laughable!!

sorry couldn,t help myself:rofl

Boner

and Krusty--my source for those buff speeds was from a book written by: enzo angelucci--paolo matricardi--and are you ready for this one??????
pierluigi PINTO!!!!  lmfao!!

Krusty--i,m not trying to belittle your opinion or cut you down by calling you idiotic names---i just happen to disagree with your proposal.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:06:48 PM by 1Boner »

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2007, 08:02:11 PM »
What comes to my attention most after reading this thread,is that everything people are complaining about,is exactly what bombers on each respective side do everyday to help your side  come closer to winning the war...

Kevin

EDIT:,by the way,the fastest I have ever seen my buff on calibration is 274.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2007, 08:10:19 PM »
I disagree that bombers should be slowed down, there just shouldn't be 3 of them, and they should have to aim like everyone else. The buff dorks have been coddled long enough, and they should have to buck up and face the same cartoon risks as everyone else. Ferchrissakes, some of these guys have been playing longer than I have, so I think we can dismiss the "but noobs need to be able to fly a bunch of bombers at once because the game is hard" rationale. If they can't figure the game out in 7 years, it's time to admit defeat.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech