Author Topic: Bombs dont load on all the planes  (Read 452 times)

Offline TakuKhan

• Zinc Member
Bombs dont load on all the planes
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:38:07 AM »
I can load bombs and fuel tanks on the TMB3 for intance but
I can not load them on the Hurricane IIC.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:48:42 AM »
What do you mean "cant load"? Cannot select them in Hangar?

Also, does this happen at the same time, same base? Sometimes, ordenance and ful can be down (destroyed by enemy) at a base, and that will prevent you to load external fuel or bombs. Youll get a message about "ordenance being disabled" when that happens.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:56:35 AM »
Let's start with the basics. Just in case you don't know:

Is your clipboard in the way? If so, move and downsize it.

Do you get a message that they are  unavailable? Move to another field.

Do they not show up in you ammo count? Use select secondary weapon to arm them.

Hope one of these is the problem and not somthing worse.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »
schatzi,I tried to help him lastnite.It seems that only certain A/C have a problem,he couldn't load the bombs on the HurrieIIc. I walked him through but for whatever reason he couldn't load the ords,yet he was able to load ords on other A/C.

He indicated that he was having a pointer problem,I assumed mouse cursor. then ,outta frustration,I think, he left.I had advised him to contact support.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 04:39:28 AM »
Just a thought, I think if the text buffer is up you cannot select through it, so he needs to make sure that is out of the way to!

Edit,
The Hurricane has a Bombs OR Drop tank option, Hopefully he is not trying to load both!

The TBM only has the main fuel tank options on the bottom so at least he knows where the main fuel tank load out is for all aircraft.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:47:10 AM by Blagard »

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 11:04:59 AM »
Originally posted by Blagard
Just a thought, I think if the text buffer is up you cannot select through it, so he needs to make sure that is out of the way to!

Edit,
The Hurricane has a Bombs OR Drop tank option, Hopefully he is not trying to load both!

The TBM only has the main fuel tank options on the bottom so at least he knows where the main fuel tank load out is for all aircraft.

You are correct , if the text buffer is up you cannot select said Ord at the bottom, you have to move the text buffer up or click in its place to type and hit enter for it to go away, then you can select the ord you wish

Offline TakuKhan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 08:05:48 PM »
Thanks for the help all.
I got it now  ( Backspace) Only in fight

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 02:21:26 PM »
Originally posted by TakuKhan
Thanks for the help all.
I got it now  ( Backspace) Only in fight
Ah I think I see what you were trying to do (Use weapon select key in the hanger?). But just another point, the backspace weapon select key is used on some bombers too in flight. Especially when you have a bomb under the middle and some more on the wings. Or maybe you got the bombs loaded in the hanger but could not find them in flight until you discovered the weapon select key!

Next point is, did the "backspace" weapon select work for you straight away or did you have to map this function to the key ? There has been some interesting discussion elsewhere that suggests the "backspace" key is no longer mapped as weapon select by default!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 02:26:25 PM by Blagard »