Author Topic: New plane election  (Read 31441 times)

Offline Hwkeye

• Copper Member
What, no Short Sunderland!!
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2007, 09:53:06 PM »
We got to have a sea plane!! And it had defensive guns!

http://www.vectorsite.net/avsund.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:09:13 PM by Hwkeye »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
New plane election
« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2007, 10:02:01 PM »
Pyro,

Is there a way that this community could perform outsourcing on modules for all the planes in your list so that they all can be introduced?

Looks like you have shrewedly collated several years of wish lists down to the planes most voted for in threads on the BBs.

But if I have to vote:

G55
Ki44
Yak3
Me410
A26 Vader

P47M <-----:aok
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
New plane election
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2007, 10:29:55 PM »
My synopsis IMHO.

P-39 -  Who doesn’t love a big gun except for the guy who gets hit by one?  Even slow ones with low fire rates.  Good variant potential and use on multiple fronts in scenarios.  Lack of performance at altitude not a huge minus in the arenas.  I find the P-39 to be peculiarly endearing despite or perhaps because of its flaws and reputation.

Brewster Buffalo – My sentimental choice to win.  For nearly 12 years, Finns have asked me for this.  Their passion for this plane is contagious.  I’ve wanted to give them one ever since I read Double Fighter Knight about 10 years ago.  That really gave me an appreciation of the FAF and the sturdiness of Finns in general.  Of course, now that I’ve said it’s my sentimental favorite, if it happens to win it will provoke more conspiracy theories than Patrick Ewing going to the Knicks in the first NBA draft lottery.

Me 410 -  I think this plane has the biggest cool factor.  It would be the most fun to build.  From cockpit to armament to gunner position, it’s atypical.  I’ve always wanted to do one of these.  

He 111 – Iconic plane.  Hard to really get fully immersed into a BoB scenario without them but its utility doesn’t really extend far beyond that.  

B-25 – Cool plane, one of my favorites as a kid and another sentimental favorite for various reasons.  Good for several variants and who wouldn’t want to fly a plane that has a 75mm cannon and 14 .50s?

Pe-2 or Tu-2 – There’s a gaping hole when it comes to Russian bombers.  The Tu-2 is a really nice plane but the Pe-2 is certainly more definitive of the type.

Yak 3 – I put this in here because I don’t believe we can make this as a Yak 9 variant.  Although it looks the same, its fuselage is dimensionally quite different IIRC.  This is a really fun plane.  It’s like a little sports car roadster.  

G.55 – Italians seem to love this plane like Finns love their Brewster.  A nice plane although somewhat boutique.  Going off on a tangeant, if I could add only one more Italian plane, it would be the SM.79.  Of course, the SM.79 would have no chance to win in the voting but it still should be done one day.  

Japanese fighter - Ki 44, J2M, Ki 45, or Ki 43 – There’s fun to be had here that most people don’t realize.  I have to group them together so as not to split the votes for people just wanting to see more Japanese planes but each of these are interesting in their own right.

A-26 -  Honestly, this plane will end up as a light perk but more things to spend bomber perks on are needed.  Helluva plane that would completely upstage every other medium bomber in the game.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
New plane election
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2007, 10:36:07 PM »
Originally posted by bustr

Is there a way that this community could perform outsourcing on modules for all the planes in your list so that they all can be introduced?

There are some hurdles to overcome but things have been moving in that direction.

storch

New plane election
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2007, 10:38:07 PM »
I think the yak 3 would be the be all end all in fighters.  the thing was a monster, heck, is a monster.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
New plane election
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2007, 10:42:30 PM »
Hum, P-39...Buffalo... Buffalo... P-39... hey Waffle, can you give us both? :D
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2007, 10:49:38 PM »
i truly hope the P39 gets added to this game

it can fill more holes then anyother plane on the list

would help events to

though i think its going to be a plane that will only find its true abiltys in the hands of a good stick

mainly because of that gun
known as Arctic in the main

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
New plane election
« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2007, 10:51:39 PM »
Pyro:

You should have seen my son's eyes get as wide as saucers when I told him about the vote on the planes and he found the Me-410, He-111, and B-25 on the list :).  We looked up all the planes on the list in his "airplane science book" and I asked him to rank the list for the ones that should come first.  He said all of them :).

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New plane election
« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2007, 10:53:17 PM »
Well, "that gun" was worse than even LW 30mm. You could literally see it drop right out of the barrel, pilots said. The drop was so sharp, the round so slow, the ballistics so bad, that you'd have to be inside 100 yards to realistically land a shot with it.

Most cons can jink and evade you enough at that range to deny a spud hit. MGs would probably get you kills at longer ranges than the tater would :aok

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
New plane election
« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2007, 10:55:01 PM »
P-39. It'll fit in every theater and every terrain we have and use and ever will use.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2007, 11:25:01 PM »
A-26 to spend some bomber perks on.

ME-410 is my next choice.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
New plane election
« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2007, 11:25:53 PM »
Brewster Model 239

'It's time...'

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
New plane election
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2007, 11:56:23 PM »
P39/P400

Used in every theater of the war.  All kinds of Paint schemes and all kinds of scenario use.  Fits into the low alt war that AH is.

B25-For Toad's Dad before it's too late.  Also because it was used everywhere by everyone in every theater of the war

Beaufighter-Cause it looks tough, packs a punch and served in the ETO, MTO and PTO with RAF, RAAF, RCAF, USAAF etc.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
New plane election
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2007, 12:03:54 AM »
Despite my well-known prejudices (and since the IAR-80 isn't on the list :noid ), Japanese fighters and the P-39. Need more Pacific planes, and a P-39 would be a very nice target for my occasional 109G6 indulgence.

Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
New plane election
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2007, 12:13:40 AM »
P39 - so many variants and used everywhere.