Author Topic: New plane election  (Read 31532 times)

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2007, 11:42:46 AM »
A 26/ME 410

Offline Huba

• Copper Member
New plane election
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2007, 11:47:19 AM »
If you want to see something new and different, you choose
Brewster Buffalo 239 !!!

My vote goes Brewster.

Huba
Lentolaivue 36

BREWSTER TO AH!
Huba
Lentolaivue 36                               The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing!

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
New plane election
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2007, 12:02:20 PM »
See Rules #4, #5  That last sentence was completely uncalled for.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 01:41:38 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
New plane election
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »
I'd like to see them open up new plane creation  to players (with internal oversight and approval processes).  With such talented individuals like tedrbr and others doing FS plane modeling, it would be great if they could submit and assist with plane models and let HTC core staff concentrate on other things like gameplay, CT and maps...  I know it brings up other issues like copyrights and stuff, but HT is a small company with a great product and it could only be value-added if done right.

Offline KdF

• Zinc Member
New plane election
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »
HE 111

there , I said my piece!

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
New plane election
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2007, 12:53:26 PM »
HE-111 and the Ki-44 TOJO!!!
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
New plane election
« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
I'd like to see them open up new plane creation  to players (with internal oversight and approval processes).  With such talented individuals like tedrbr and others doing FS plane modeling, it would be great if they could submit and assist with plane models and let HTC core staff concentrate on other things like gameplay, CT and maps...  I know it brings up other issues like copyrights and stuff, but HT is a small company with a great product and it could only be value-added if done right.
Your average player or talented individual doesn't spend a few thousand dollars on the required software to create a new plane for AH. (Multigen)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 01:10:02 PM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
New plane election
« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2007, 01:12:23 PM »

I'd like to see them open up new plane creation to players (with internal oversight and approval processes). With such talented individuals like tedrbr and others doing FS plane modeling, it would be great if they could submit and assist with plane models and let HTC core staff concentrate on other things like gameplay, CT and maps... I know it brings up other issues like copyrights and stuff, but HT is a small company with a great product and it could only be value-added if done right.

I second that, Scotty, it would be the best way to round our planeset. NHawk, look at what the Target Tobruk staff did... with help from HTC, I think it's a possible task for many of the talented people we have in the community.

On the other hand, I think you all have to vote for the G.55! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
New plane election
« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Your average player or talented individual doesn't spend a few thousand dollars on the required software to create a new plane for AH. (Multigen)

What little I could get off their lame website indicates they use open standards so I would suppose that other packages, some of them free or much cheaper could do wireframing and so forth.  I would hate it for HTC if they're painted themselves into a corner with a particular software package for object design and management.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 01:59:09 PM by scottydawg »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
New plane election
« Reply #279 on: March 23, 2007, 01:39:09 PM »
Me 410
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
New plane election
« Reply #280 on: March 23, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »

That would be the next logical step since the community is now able to create terrains and skins, but any discussion on the logistical effort at HTC to make use of those models would be purely speculative.

It would be pretty neat to have a hanger full of modeled and skinned aircraft that only need the HTC crew to put in performance data, though.  The preview "tool" could just assign a generic flight model for the purpose of testing everything out.

X-Plane has a pretty complete modeling package associated with it.  Something along those lines would be utterly phenomenal.  Maybe Dale could talk Austin into letting him licensing the code  :D
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline JussiK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
New plane election
« Reply #281 on: March 23, 2007, 02:14:38 PM »
BW-239 :aok
Jos AH olisi quake niin sitähän pelaisi kaikki quaken pelaajatkin.

Mutta kuinkas ollakaan, IIÄLLÄÄ pelaa kaikki samaaan kuluttajaryhmään kuuluvat kuin quaken pelaajat. Boxipeli kun on... jotain 10-15V ikäryhmä.:rofl

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #282 on: March 23, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »
This is an easy choice. The B-25
please.

-BB

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
New plane election
« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2007, 02:21:11 PM »
Brewster Model 239. Absolytely.

P.S. I can make the default skin. You know what it is... Hans Wind's!;)

This one is Ltn Lauri Pekuri's Brewster "BW -372" :

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:48:21 PM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2007, 02:32:06 PM »
a British,russian or italian plane as these are the smallest planesets

we don't need more U.S. ones as much as i like the b-25,

:confused: