Author Topic: New plane election  (Read 31522 times)

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
New plane election
« Reply #375 on: March 24, 2007, 03:40:49 PM »
LOL...

In all honesty, though, for the EW planeset, the Fokker D.XXI is the one I'd cast my vote for, even over the Brewster.

Along with the Curtiss Hawk-75( Also known as the P-36.)

Although, on second thought, the Brewster would be useful in a few scenario's outside of the Finn-Russ wars. We could do the fall of Singapore with it(Several were in use with RAF Far-East squadrons at the time of the loss of the Malayan peninsula.)

We could do a Battle of Midway, with the land-based USMC Brewsters.

But if we add the Brewster, we'd need the I-16 for a proper, early Finn-Russ war.(I-153 as well as Tupolev SB-2.)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 03:45:38 PM by FrodeMk3 »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
New plane election
« Reply #376 on: March 24, 2007, 03:42:55 PM »
Originally posted by 999000
Love to see a PBY Catalina......For  dropping mines......A troop transport for taking bases....but most for picking up down pilots with a incentive so the down pilot doesn't lose perks or soemthing else?

That is a very cool idea.  It would take a long time to implement if it were ever to happen (because HTC would have to change some underlying code of the game), but it is a cool idea.

Offline df54

• Copper Member
new plane
« Reply #377 on: March 24, 2007, 03:49:55 PM »
Yak-3 is my first choice. Second choice is Hurricane 2b(with 12 .303's)
    Please don't don't add any clutter like the Brewster.

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
New plane election
« Reply #378 on: March 24, 2007, 03:53:50 PM »
Frode! I luv You!:D

Fokker D XXI had to do the dirty work in FAF...despite that fact, it was way too old design for that game...
In the hands of skillful finnish pilots, D XXI had its moment. There is some sort of world record in real life bomber kills;
Six kills in five minutes:
Read this

In the case, You would like to vote some plane...
Please remind, there is  free beer and sauna for everyone who votes for Brewster!!!!

Free convenience for Brewster fans

:D :D :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 03:57:09 PM by Zuum »
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
New plane election
« Reply #379 on: March 24, 2007, 03:59:10 PM »
CC, Zuum. I like the fact that we're looking at getting a new plane; But, unfortunately, It seems like once we get one, we need 4 more right away to complement it.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
New plane election
« Reply #380 on: March 24, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »
Krusty I realized that when I posted.  IMHO we need more Japanese fighters and since the Ki100 was a fighter, no matter what year it was introduced it was one of my choices.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New plane election
« Reply #381 on: March 24, 2007, 04:34:44 PM »
I think the Ki's are the primary choices for japanese fighters. The 43, 44, 46, that is :D

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
New plane election
« Reply #382 on: March 24, 2007, 04:35:31 PM »
P-39.

Offline KAntti

• Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #383 on: March 24, 2007, 05:03:59 PM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
Yes, sure. But this isn't the policy HTC adopted, as we all can see from our current planeset... so why shouldn't I lobby for my plane, just like the Finns are doing? The Brewster hadn't an impact on WWII, too... :p

Btw, my Finnish friends.... why don't you throw away the B239??? We can join our forces and ask for another plane we both want.... the G.50!!! :t

Hello Gian! Long time no see eh :)

You surely know of my undying love for Italian planes and so do my Finnish friends over here. At first I did have in mind to propose the G.50 as a choice for a new plane (as if I had anything to say in this). Not only because it was the other extremely successful "underdog" used in FAF, but because it served in many fronts by many nations and it could also, with minimal tweaking be modified as C.200 another magnificent example of Italian aircraft design.

But, I do hope you understand the Finnish mentality towards the Brewster. This plane is considered to be almost something of a -Finnish fighter-. Designed in the thirties to meet US Navy requirements, failed miserably in every feature (including battle) and sold basicly as a scrap metal to Finland where it would rise from the ashes like a phoenix.

The Brewster is a plane that distinguishes the WWII Finnish Air Force from others. Like US had their P51, British their Spitfire, Germans their Messerschmitt, Italians their Folgore, Japanese their Zero and Russians their lots of planes, we Finnish had our Brewster. It's something that everyone rejected as an outcast but we took it in and made it one of our own. And even though the plane as a type might not have made a major impact in the scale of the WWII, it made a huge impact in the survival and independence of this small country.

I will gladly take what is given, but I think that when you consider the imagery of national WWII aviation monuments this game already holds, there really is no other plane that would fill a larger gap than the Brewster.

BR,
KAntti

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New plane election
« Reply #384 on: March 24, 2007, 05:07:04 PM »
I'd rank, in order, my top 4:

G.55
Brewster
B-25
Me410

That's what I feel I'd vote, for now. :P

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
New plane election
« Reply #385 on: March 24, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »
Kantti,

Oh, my dear...
You took the words right out of my mouth....

:D :D :D
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New plane election
« Reply #386 on: March 24, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »
His stirring speech made me move the Brewster from #4 up to #2 :P

But I'm afraid it won't make #1 with this current list of choices :P

Offline KingSix

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
New plane election
« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2007, 05:18:36 PM »
all i can say is this: p-39 for the fighter slot and b-25 for the bomber slot!! also, mabey even the b29?? just a thought, but i vote for the p-39 for a fighter and the b-25 for the bomber slot also, i write in a vote to add the 29!!

Offline KingSix

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
New plane election
« Reply #388 on: March 24, 2007, 05:20:07 PM »
oh, a side thought, if yall add the p-39 its almost impossible to get that nose gun knocked out seein as only the last 3-4 inches of it are outside the bird, and well, the rest is in the fuse. if you lost that nose gun, then the odds are good that your planes goin down in a real big hurry.

Offline wasq

• Silver Member
      • Photos
New plane election
« Reply #389 on: March 24, 2007, 05:23:23 PM »
Wow, what a mastery of words, KAntti. I'm speechless.