Author Topic: Unperk the Chog  (Read 1577 times)

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »
Originally posted by quintv

Total La-7 kills and deaths : 46,604

Total P.51D kills and deaths : 52,323

Total Spit.XVI kills and deaths : 51,039

Total N1k kills and deaths : 55,451

Give them all a very light perk like the -1C.

This actually sounds good to me.  Give people a reason to spend their perkies.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: Unperk the C-hog or perk the Lgay-7
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 04:59:01 PM »
Originally posted by steely1
low and slow the C-hog is toast.

hmm i fly chog and this is where i get most of my kills :)
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 05:04:17 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
When will you stop dis informing people ?

Erm? Wha..?? Dude, if you have an agenda with me, take it private.

You can look up the LA7 kills per tour, going back to tour 12. You can look up the n1k2 (second runner up) and other planes as well. Except for the breif time where the C-hog ran rampant, the La-7 was king supreme for kills, often with 10,000 more than the nearest runner up (which was always the n1k2).

When the Spixteen came out, its first few months it bested even the la7 with numbers in the 40,000's. Then it settled down again, traded places with the La7 maybe one or more times.

The LA7 held that position until the arena split and all the ENY changes. The arenas have limited the La7s use, but dont' forget its track record.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »
What no cry to perk the P47N?????????

I'm to say at the least made to sniffel and mist up my eyes in weak indignation.......:cry

Guess the 56th just needs to roll up our sleeves and try harder to make people whine about Jug's in the MA.........:O

Now if we could get the P47M introduced in the game for that hotrod Jug effect.....BIG FAST JUGS.......orrrr aren't you guys happy the U.S. never put cannons on P47's?  :t  Just imagine a P47N with the CHog's cannons.....and no perk...Oh the whailing and the nashing of teeth...........:p

Hey maybe as an off line arena joke, HTC could model the P47N with the CHogs armament profile and let us experience what could have never been....hehehhee....:huh

If you really want to complain about what needs to be perked fly a P47D-40 or N for one tour. At which point you will want everything else in the game perked including the C47 and RV8........ :D
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 05:13:28 PM »
I dont mean to jump into a thread that seems designed to troll newbies...but here is a little insight....

Until there is just one plane available there will always be a "uber" or "dweeb" ride.....when you perk that one etc...another will rise to the top...

Why you ask?????

Because in every game from AW to AH there wil be goobers like the responders in this thread who insist on telling people what constitutes a "better/easier/dweebier" ride...they are more concerned with how other people fly then improving their own skills to a point where they could care less...instead the reason they are not uber is because other people wont fly the planes they can kill with the plane they like to fly....

Now for the real reason why the f4u-1c is perked and the spixteen isnt...a spit XVI only has 240 rounds of cannon....the c-hog has 900....(i dont know the actual number)...i fly the chog when im gonna vulch...the fuel lasts forever and so does the cannon....this is not true with the lala or spit....niki is somewhere in-between....
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2007, 05:19:35 PM »
i like the d40 because it reminds me of a chog with 8x50s but the respect thing probably comes from the fact that most of us only see them way above the crowd and pay them no mind till they're blowing us outa the sky in a wicked dive. even the good jug pilots do this which boggles me because its a beast in a rollin sissors fight like the chog..

im usually happy with entering the fight with them at 5-7k alt like i do the chog. the ones that spot me low and engage are usually in the tower by the 2nd overshot.. the majority of the uber jug pilots enter at 12-15k sometimes 20k..

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 05:20:18 PM »
Unperk the Hog? its what, 10 points? :lol  

Please.

It was perked for a reason.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2007, 05:21:13 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
Now for the real reason why the f4u-1c is perked and the spixteen isnt...a spit XVI only has 240 rounds of cannon....the c-hog has 900....(i dont know the actual number)...i fly the chog when im gonna vulch...the fuel lasts forever and so does the cannon....this is not true with the lala or spit....niki is somewhere in-between....

oh really? i thought it was because there was only 100 chogs made while spits pretty much were plenty..

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 05:21:16 PM »
Awwwwww....Falconwing you big goober. I was just rying to get everyone in P47's for a tour so I could cherry them with a Tempest......:(  Your just a wet blanket. Now I have to go back to doing all that pilot kinda watermelon to land my kills...you goober...grrrrr......:p
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 05:25:21 PM »
sigh...if there were only p-38s available ..then the guys who flew the p-38l would be designated as dweebs who couldnt "master" the p-38g...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 05:25:38 PM »
It's usually 10 to 20 perk points.  If you can't afford that than something is wrong.....

:lol

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2007, 05:28:08 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
oh really? i thought it was because there was only 100 chogs made while spits pretty much were plenty..

are you serious????

when the chog first came out the arenas were dominated by them...so HTC assigned perkage to them so they would fall in usage....perks have nothing to do with the historical numbers of the aircraft/gv....

your trolling me right?

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 05:37:06 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
are you serious????

when the chog first came out the arenas were dominated by them...so HTC assigned perkage to them so they would fall in usage....perks have nothing to do with the historical numbers of the aircraft/gv....

your trolling me right?

no i honestly thought the reason planes were perked was partially due to rarity.. not just balancing.. if it were just balancing then i'd think the la7 and n1k would be perked.. i have seen many times entering a defended field and seeing like 10 or more of each la7s and n1ks..

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 05:44:36 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
no i honestly thought the reason planes were perked was partially due to rarity.. not just balancing.. if it were just balancing then i'd think the la7 and n1k would be perked.. i have seen many times entering a defended field and seeing like 10 or more of each la7s and n1ks..

Think about the business side of it....

HT will gladly leave te spit16 and la7's unperked just to get the n00bs to sub up and hopefully learn from their ways and move on to other rides.  Kind of a self balancing thingy.  But folks were not moving out of the chog...just increasing in numbers.

All about getting folks to pay 15 a month....once you put that thought first...the perkage system makes sense ;)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Unperk the Chog
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 05:49:46 PM »
Pffft. Unless the Hog is grossly overloaded on gas in a low-speed fight with equal pilots the F4U will win against the La-7 a significant majority of the time.

The only things the La-7 does better in a fight is run and get up to speed TO run. And while the La-7 may win in straight climb, in the middle of a duel ZOOM counts for FAR more, and the F4U WILL catch or escape the La-7 in the zoom (and I've done this more than enough on La's either catching or escaping me at level flight).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.