Author Topic: Deflection 101  (Read 4514 times)

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 10:12:02 PM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th
It would have been more your speed if it was cherry pickin, yea sorry bout that

The degree of the Cherry Pick is only ever equal to either the amount of target fixation or the lack of Situational Awareness the other pilot has.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 12:28:20 AM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th
It would have been more your speed if it was cherry pickin, yea sorry bout that

How would you know?  We've never fought.  I do however know something of your style (or lack thereof) through the films you post.

If I recal one was of you and someone else tring to cherry pick a 109 mission then claiming they ran from you (uh-huh, 9 against 2, I'm sure they were afraid) when in actuality they simply ignored you.  In another you spray and pray until someone with real skills comes along and finishes the guy off and now it's how to HO while flying figure 8's.

I will give you this; you use good music as a backdrop to your films.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:41:14 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 03:20:00 AM »
The only true deflection shot i saw was about half way through. You got a guy comin right to left in the middle of your figure 8-o-towers. Everything else was HO attempts. The only deth i saw was you at the end. Otherwise was a well put together film. I those that have the patience to sit and put a film together, because i dont.:D

A quick note on the tactics though, if you try to bring that low flyin, goin around in circles trying to HO stuff to the MA, you will lose a lot of perks. Just my $.02.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 04:54:16 AM »
dude map looks cool i got to get my hands on that.

batfink <---- still in shock from the poo-chopping video.

if only they knew.....
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 07:06:45 AM »
That's lame, dood.

But the music is way kewl. Who is that, Butthole Surfers?
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 08:38:29 AM »
Originally posted by culero
That's lame, dood.

But the music is way kewl. Who is that, Butthole Surfers?

You not knowin who that is , is what's really lame here.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 08:39:36 AM »
Originally posted by NOT
The only true deflection shot i saw was about half way through. You got a guy comin right to left in the middle of your figure 8-o-towers. Everything else was HO attempts. The only deth i saw was you at the end. Otherwise was a well put together film. I those that have the patience to sit and put a film together, because i dont.:D

A quick note on the tactics though, if you try to bring that low flyin, goin around in circles trying to HO stuff to the MA, you will lose a lot of perks. Just my $.02.

NOT

Thanks for your comments.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV

batfink <---- still in shock from the poo-chopping video.

if only they knew.....

Are you one of the people who favorited that Batfink? cuz 3 people have.

Offline Niros

• Copper Member
      • http://www.youtube.com/user/NirosAH2?
Deflection 101
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 08:54:35 AM »
I don't know what a deflection shoot is :o  (i'm serious) but i do know what a HO is. Those are 95% HO's and i hate them at the first merge.

+Sorin+
My YouTube movies:
http://www.youtube.com/user/NirosAH2

Offline Vortex01

• Zinc Member
      • http://molalla.net/~reeds
Snap shot
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 09:41:51 AM »
OK so it may be more snap shooting then it is deflections shooting, but it would be a good map to practice on. As far as those who have little to say but are full of insult and put downs, I say post your films please so we can see what you come up with. To give criticism with the intent on improving things a good, to put down to make yourself feel better is not. Only you know what catigory you fall into, have a great day.

And I would like to get a copy of that map and try it out myself, please.
"The green field, red barn and the lone silo, it is all that captures me eye as I fly....."  Memories of Red Baron on INN

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 10:00:04 AM »
Originally posted by Niros
I don't know what a deflection shoot is :o  (i'm serious) but i do know what a HO is. Those are 95% HO's and i hate them at the first merge.

Niros, deflection shooting is fiing "off angle". It requires leading your target; whereas, a HO or a shot from the dead 6 are not deflection shots.

Snap shot usually means moderate deflection with a brief firing window, as the target zips past.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Snap shot
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 12:17:37 PM »
Originally posted by Vortex01
OK so it may be more snap shooting then it is deflections shooting, but it would be a good map to practice on. As far as those who have little to say but are full of insult and put downs, I say post your films please so we can see what you come up with. To give criticism with the intent on improving things a good, to put down to make yourself feel better is not. Only you know what catigory you fall into, have a great day.

And I would like to get a copy of that map and try it out myself, please.

Those aren't even really snap shots, just plain HO's.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Snap shot
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 12:19:13 PM »
Originally posted by Vortex01
I say post your films please so we can see what you come up with.

Just do a search of the many P-38 films I've posted or visit the 479th film library.  They'll be a lot more beneficial than watching some guy's film on how to HO.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 03:10:01 PM »
[] Badguy
       == == ==(  )        

U R Goodguy  Fire here

Badguy gets hit by bullets because you fired at the right time        
\|/
/|\  Badguy dies
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 03:16:24 PM by WMDnow »

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »
Everyone complains about HO's but it takes two to set up a HO merge....so who's really at fault when it happens?

The HO pass is a dangerous but valid tactic.  

There is even mention of one by Randy Cunningham during his dogfight against Col. Toom, where he mentions that he was hoping to scare him but instead was freaked out when cannon rounds from the Mig 17 started passing over his canopy as they merged.  Wanna bet that Cunningham would have been firing too if he had been in a gun equipped Phantom?

I try to avoid merging HO by barrel rolling, but if the other pilot is obviously going for one I will not hesitate to shoot.  This is especially true if I'm in a 110......stay away from the pointy end or I'll shootin at you.

The video is nice.  No reason NOT to practice snapshots and HO's.....because they do happen.  Also, with the figure eight pattern there could be some good deflection shot opportunities in the center if you time it right.
"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943