Author Topic: Deflection 101  (Read 4511 times)

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »
First off, HE WAS PLAYING WITH HIS FOOD.
Second, dweebs fire at a merge.
Third, HOs are tooooo easy to need practice.

Good advice for those who need to use it, but most of it is kinda untrue.

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 03:23:28 PM »
Originally posted by WMDnow
[] Badguy
       == == ==(  )        

U R Goodguy  Fire here

Badguy gets hit by bullets because you fired at the right time        
\|/
/|\  Badguy dies

Sorry, forgot to say this is a type of deflection

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 08:35:34 AM »
Dee Dee Dee

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 08:38:14 AM »
Originally posted by StuB
Everyone complains about HO's but it takes two to set up a HO merge....so who's really at fault when it happens?

The HO pass is a dangerous but valid tactic.  

There is even mention of one by Randy Cunningham during his dogfight against Col. Toom, where he mentions that he was hoping to scare him but instead was freaked out when cannon rounds from the Mig 17 started passing over his canopy as they merged.  Wanna bet that Cunningham would have been firing too if he had been in a gun equipped Phantom?

I try to avoid merging HO by barrel rolling, but if the other pilot is obviously going for one I will not hesitate to shoot.  This is especially true if I'm in a 110......stay away from the pointy end or I'll shootin at you.

The video is nice.  No reason NOT to practice snapshots and HO's.....because they do happen.  Also, with the figure eight pattern there could be some good deflection shot opportunities in the center if you time it right.

The people in this video are new squad members who had no clue what or how a forward deflection was.After using this track they now have a better grip on the forward  deflection shot, which is why i posted this in the help & Training section.

Nice to see so much positive feedback :aok

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 10:00:29 AM »
So, are you saying that if someone is clearly attempting to HO you, you won't fire at them yourself because "dweebs fire at a merge"?

Yes, a simple HO is very easy....and easy to get shot all to hell too.

Whats worth practicing is making yourself a difficult target while merging with the HO'er and still getting a good shot off yourself....because you can be pretty certain that they will try to repeat.  

First off, HE WAS PLAYING WITH HIS FOOD.
Second, dweebs fire at a merge.
Third, HOs are tooooo easy to need practice.

Good advice for those who need to use it, but most of it is kinda untrue.
"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Deflection 101
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 12:49:04 PM »
This can actually help people.

You can let Sweet2th try to HO you and you can practice avoiding dweebs such as him on nailing you in an attempted HO shot.

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Seriously.:cool:
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Deflection 101
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 12:49:50 PM »
So, are you saying that if someone is clearly attempting to HO you, you won't fire at them yourself because "dweebs fire at a merge"?

Yes, a simple HO is very easy....and easy to get shot all to hell too.

Whats worth practicing is making yourself a difficult target while merging with the HO'er and still getting a good shot off yourself....because you can be pretty certain that they will try to repeat.

You have to clarify what your talking about.... A "HO" is dweebs firering at the merge, A "head on merge" is two plane passing nose to nose WITH OUT firering a shot.

A head on merge take honor and guts, where a HO is just dweebish !

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 01:01:39 PM »
Hey! I just realized that after all this time i was thinking of a HO as a player in fishnets and a miniskirt!  Thanks for the clarification!

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Deflection 101
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by clerick
Hey! I just realized that after all this time i was thinking of a HO as a player in fishnets and a miniskirt!  Thanks for the clarification!

No thats Silat  :D

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2007, 02:08:44 PM »
Ahh...honor.  You like a "fair fight".

That's nice, but some like to play AH as if they were in the real world, where it's kill the other guy as quickly as you can.

If you want a fair fight then maybe everyone should all be flying the same planes, at  the same speed and altitude.....with head-ons disabled?

In "real life", in order to win any fight (fist fight, knife fight, gun fight, whatever) you need to try to get the fight over as quickly as possible.  The "nicer" you try to be, the more likely you are going to get hurt....and/or  lose the fight.  

It's a documented fact that in "real life" the pilots shot at any enemy that got in front of their guns.  Their job was to seek out, close with and destroy the enemy, not to be chivalrous towards them.

Don't be mad at the "HO dweeb",  be mad at yourself for getting nailed while pressing on with a head-on pass where you had no intention of shooting in the first place.

Originally posted by The Fugitive
You have to clarify what your talking about.... A "HO" is dweebs firering at the merge, A "head on merge" is two plane passing nose to nose WITH OUT firering a shot.

A head on merge take honor and guts, where a HO is just dweebish !
"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
No thats Silat  :D

LOU! defend your "honor"!  Allisons at a thousand yards

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
This is a deflection shot...
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2007, 03:02:12 PM »
1HungLo/Sweet2th-

If you want to know what a deflection shot is, here are some screenshots showing a high probablility 90 degree deflection shot.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2007, 03:06:46 PM »
I sware to Sheep, you don't see Ack-Ack for a while, then as soon as Sweetboy posts, he's all over it like stink on ****.  Cracks me up every time.

:lol

Hi SkySquahk.

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2007, 03:28:37 PM »
Ahh...honor.  You like a "fair fight".

That's nice, but some like to play AH as if they were in the real world, where it's kill the other guy as quickly as you can.

If you want a fair fight then maybe everyone should all be flying the same planes, at  the same speed and altitude.....with head-ons disabled?

In "real life", in order to win any fight (fist fight, knife fight, gun fight, whatever) you need to try to get the fight over as quickly as possible.  The "nicer" you try to be, the more likely you are going to get hurt....and/or  lose the fight.  

It's a documented fact that in "real life" the pilots shot at any enemy that got in front of their guns.  Their job was to seek out, close with and destroy the enemy, not to be chivalrous towards them.

Don't be mad at the "HO dweeb",  be mad at yourself for getting nailed while pressing on with a head-on pass where you had no intention of shooting in the first place.

No, it's be mad at the tard dweeb for shooting when no skill is shown, and if you're smart, you woulda read Hammer's net page, read the merges part and stop calling tard-dweebs innocent.

http://WWW.netaces.org :furious

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2007, 03:35:22 PM »
And by the way, we dislike fair fights.  We like planes at different speeds and altitudes, thats what shows whether a pilot is actually any smart or not.  Also, YOU think HOing is actually a good tactic when the fight is FAIR.  It is absolutely valid if you are fighting 3 V 1, not if its 1 V 1.  YOU protect the HO-tards.  I fire when the HO-er fires at me, but HEY im actually to busy manuevering and NOT getting shot!  If your a good pilot, there are many substitutions rather than leaving it to the pilot with better aim.  If this ain't true, then im a GOD of anti HO-ing   :mad: :furious :t