Author Topic: about Vote  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
about Vote
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 12:22:49 AM »
Geez the B-25 hasn't even made the final cut and you people are complaining already??? So what if it is outclassed in the LW arenas. Does that matter? I fly early and mid war planes in the LW arenas all the time. So what if everyone recognizes the thing? Think there may be a reason why?

I've voted for the B-25 every time. Not because it's some uber plane that will dominate, but because it was the most used medium bomber of the second world war. More were built and flown in combat in EVERY theater from the begining of the war to the end of the war. That's why it has my vote. Not because it's an American bomber. Not because it's been in the movies, but because it DESERVES a place in this game. That plane EARNED a reputation as a tough and capable aircraft during the entire war.

The B-25 has my vote until it beaten by something else. At that point I'll quit voting because I don't think any other plane listed has the right to be in this game before the B-25.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
about Vote
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 04:08:05 AM »
Honestly, I don't think the 25 will win... I think the 39 will. And now, after what happened in the first 2 rounds..... go looking for a red horn! :D :t
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
about Vote
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 04:43:15 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet33

I've voted for the B-25 every time. Not because it's some uber plane that will dominate, but because it was the most used medium bomber of the second world war. More were built and flown in combat in EVERY theater from the begining of the war to the end of the war. That's why it has my vote. Not because it's an American bomber. Not because it's been in the movies, but because it DESERVES a place in this game. That plane EARNED a reputation as a tough and capable aircraft during the entire war.

Interesting, that's exactly why I havn't voted for it....knowing it will make it into the game at some point anyway.

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
about Vote
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 05:31:31 AM »
its gonna be the B25...... thanks to ben aflick and pearl harbour......

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
about Vote
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 07:01:28 AM »
ok so the b25 served right through out the war,now do we class that as the American part of the war 1941 to 1945.
        if so then the he111 deserves it more because it served from 1939 till 1945.But no one remembers it?

I think no matter what the vote the out come has already been decided,proberly the b25 will win or the p39.i don't think the others stand a chance.
  As part of the  forth coming Combat tour b25s were attacking france as well as b17s and b24s so it makes sence.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
about Vote
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 07:15:41 AM »
You know I really take exception to this whole arguement.

For the first 3 years of flying back in brand W I was an A6m & Japanese fanatic.
I didn't like, didn't much care about and never flew US iron.

Once I moved over to AH I slowly started moving from a strickly turn & burn game to a more energy based style. I tried spitfires for a while, then moved up to the C.205, had a brief fling with the 190a5, and eventually moved up to the Russian fighters. Spending most of my time in the Yak & La5fn.

Where in all that 10 years of history does it show ANY bias or preference for US planes?

Now I'll agree that AH needs a lot more than just one plane from that list.
In fact we need the whole list and as soon as possible would suit me fine.

Assuming that that just because I happen to live in the US means I'm going to have a bias to US planes is not just wrong. Its just plain insulting. US players love every plane in the game. It matters not what country they were built.
If they were unique, had something they did well, or were just "cool" us US pilots have loved them.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
about Vote
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 07:16:51 AM »
Originally posted by Emu
Of course ghi has a valid point.  I dont think anyone is really saying that americans are stupid, lazy, etc....

Ofcourse not. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&feature=PlayList&p=C89463AE0A6C6E75&index=10
I am a spy!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
about Vote
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 07:26:16 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Assuming that that just because I happen to live in the US means I'm going to have a bias to US planes is not just wrong. Its just plain insulting. US players love every plane in the game. It matters not what country they were built.  

Agreed.

Except, I do not love the P-40B.  

What silly country built that plane?

- oldman

Offline Joachim

• Zinc Member
about Vote
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 08:19:33 AM »

Lol!

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
about Vote
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 08:22:50 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Let's just say after this I hope HTC never puts it to a vote again!

I agree with Ghi.

Yeah, the paying players should NEVER have a voice in what they get for their money. That's just stupid.:O
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
about Vote
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 08:24:24 AM »
A whine has been recorded.  Someone call the waaahmbulance.

Offline Joachim

• Zinc Member
about Vote
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Yeah, the paying players should NEVER have a voice in what they get for their money. That's just stupid.:O

Some comments I saw on text thus far-

"the 410 is a jet bomber like the arado"

"the 39 is like a B Pony but has 37mm cannon" - this one mildly more amusing because of who said it

"pretty sure the yak 3 is a russian jet"

"b25 carries more ord than 24 and its faster"

Etc. etc. etc.

The term "unwashed masses" comes to mind. Give the player base a bone with this vote, sure, but in the future let the people who know something about what might be a fun and/or useful aircraft in the arenas make the choice. And by that I say HTC.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
about Vote
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 08:34:53 AM »
Originally posted by mipoikel
Ofcourse not. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&feature=PlayList&p=C89463AE0A6C6E75&index=10

:rofl

Italy and France are gonna be attacked soon! :rofl
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
about Vote
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 08:42:17 AM »
Originally posted by Joachim
Some comments I saw on text thus far-

"the 410 is a jet bomber like the arado"

"the 39 is like a B Pony but has 37mm cannon" - this one mildly more amusing because of who said it

"pretty sure the yak 3 is a russian jet"

"b25 carries more ord than 24 and its faster"

Etc. etc. etc.

The term "unwashed masses" comes to mind. Give the player base a bone with this vote, sure, but in the future let the people who know something about what might be a fun and/or useful aircraft in the arenas make the choice. And by that I say HTC.

Ah yes, the nanny argument. I like it. The people's needs and wants should always be met by those who know better what they need or want.

The FACT is that those who are unhappy with HTC allowing a vote on the next plane are those who didn't get the plane THEY wanted. If only the "unwashed masses" had vote THEIR way, then voting would be a GOOD thing. I'm stunned, absolutely stunned I tell you.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
about Vote
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 09:15:40 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
I'm stunned, absolutely stunned I tell you.

I'm surprised you're stunned... I mean, you were here for the MA splits, right?