Author Topic: Eny Questions?  (Read 758 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Eny Questions?
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:36:40 AM »
hey all,
for the last couple nights in EW, ENY has been kinda high....for the knights anyway. my understanding is that it's supposed to equal out the sides a bit. but.......assume for a second that there's uumm....say 3 rooks on, 9 bish, and 9 knights. bish and knights are fighting, and rooks are nowhere near themain fights. it seemed as though the bish guys were able to up better aircraft than us.....i had a spit5 on me in my 110, which i took because our eny was at 24 or something crazy like that.

i think what i'm tryin to get at, is if ENY is so hi that we can't get equaL fiters to the main enemy that we're fighting, and its 9-9 or 7-9 or whatever at a field....that seems to me to make it un-fiarly easy for them to defend? i've seen it in the opposite too....where we could get the better fiters and the nmy could only attack us in neuport 17's.
 if i recall correctly, there was a night about 2 months ago, where the only thing i could get with foward firing guns was a JU88.

now, PLEASE don't flame me for this. i'm still kinda new here, and am just trying to understand the fairness/? if its 10 of us attacking rooks and they only have 3 players on...well......maybe........b ut if we're in bish sectors and even numbers, shouldn't we then all be able to fight in equal aircraft?

now i'm gonna REALLY PO a couple of ya too. had a few discussions with other pilots that i've collided with(or they collided with me). sometimes, i see in white text"" ace#1 has collided with you"". other times i see in brown text""you have collided"" does the system have some way of assigning who hit whom? i mean, i've hit bombers when i misjudged my speed, and couldn't turn off, and yes, i have hit fighters too...by accident. but that is just something some of us are curious about.

thanks for all info and help guys!!!!!!
(and gals!!!!!)
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Eny Questions?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 04:21:07 AM »
Originally posted by CAP1
hey all,
for the last couple nights in EW, ENY has been kinda high....for the knights anyway. my understanding is that it's supposed to equal out the sides a bit. but.......assume for a second that there's uumm....say 3 rooks on, 9 bish, and 9 knights. bish and knights are fighting, and rooks are nowhere near themain fights. it seemed as though the bish guys were able to up better aircraft than us.....i had a spit5 on me in my 110, which i took because our eny was at 24 or something crazy like that.

With such low total numbers of players, ENY (and perk modifiers) can change very suddenly. Two or three players logging on / off may have a huge influence on ENY restrictions any given moment.

In your example, bish may even had the same ENY restrictions like your own side when you encountered the Spit V. Your enemie's ENY limit was just lower the second he took off.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Eny Questions?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 04:23:23 AM »
Originally posted by CAP1
onna REALLY PO a couple of ya too. had a few discussions with other pilots that i've collided with(or they collided with me). sometimes, i see in white text"" ace#1 has collided with you"". other times i see in brown text""you have collided"" does the system have some way of assigning who hit whom? i mean, i've hit bombers when i misjudged my speed, and couldn't turn off, and yes, i have hit fighters too...by accident. but that is just something some of us are curious about.

Please do a search on collision and read how the collision model works. It's explained in detail in several threads. :aok

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Eny Questions?
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 05:26:33 AM »
Does anyone know for sure...

Does the ENY thinggy affect ONLY the largest country? ..and not at all the 2nd largest country even when it is almost as large as the largest one?

e.g. last weekend at Blue or Orange one of the countries was clearly the smallest while the other two were almost equal. I was flying in the largest country, trying to attack the 2nd largest country. It seemed to me that we had only the weekest planes while they could still defend with La-7:s and such.

So, does the ENY affect only the largest country, or was my experience caused by some sudden change in the player balance?

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Eny Questions?
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 05:27:43 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Please do a search on collision and read how the collision model works. It's explained in detail in many threads. :aok

Corrected :rolleyes:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Eny Questions?
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 05:34:02 AM »
Originally posted by BlauK
Does anyone know for sure...

Does the ENY thinggy affect ONLY the largest country? ..and not at all the 2nd largest country even when it is almost as large as the largest one?

e.g. last weekend at Blue or Orange one of the countries was clearly the smallest while the other two were almost equal. I was flying in the largest country, trying to attack the 2nd largest country. It seemed to me that we had only the weekest planes while they could still defend with La-7:s and such.

So, does the ENY affect only the largest country, or was my experience caused by some sudden change in the player balance?

ENY effects are not limited to one country. Especially in low populated arenas like EW, you can sometimes see both large countries being affected by ENY.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Eny Questions?
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 07:25:28 AM »
And, just to be complete, they are based on the total numbers logged in for each country (not the numbers in flight), with calculations done by comparing the ratio of each higher country to the lowest.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »
With such low total numbers of players, ENY (and perk modifiers) can change very suddenly. Two or three players logging on / off may have a huge influence on ENY restrictions any given moment.

In your example, bish may even had the same ENY restrictions like your own side when you encountered the Spit V. Your enemie's ENY limit was just lower the second he took off.

nuts...i shoulda thought of that myself...........i have in the past noticed the very sudden ENY changes, as i was unable to get my hurri2(my ride till i get a bit better at this stuff), but a squadie came out right behind me in one.

like i mentioned though, it would seem there could be a better way to equalize sides.......i just don't know how though..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »
Please do a search on collision and read how the collision model works. It's explained in detail in several threads. :aok

well, i did a search and am STILL reading....soo much about this in here.....no wonder ya told me to search....here's a copy/paste of one i found........
wow...

I am not sure this can possibly be explained better than with pictures.

I sure will try once more.

In a 1 on 1 dogfight, there are actually 4 planes.

2 on your Front End (FrontEnd=you computer basically)
2 on your opponents Front End.

Because of internet lag, what you and your opponent see are slightly different things.

(fight someone, both film it, and watch the films)

On YOUR Front End both planes can collide, like you saw in the picture Bronk posted. The 2 planes on your FE rammed.

On your OPPONENTS Front End they did not collide, like you saw in the picture Bronk posted. The 2 planes on their FE missed.

In case you didn't understand, the pictures posted by bronk were from the same fight, but two diff. films. One from each pilot's Front End.

Just because on YOUR Front End you saw a collision, that does not mean your opponent saw one, just like in the pictures Bronk posted.

Your Front End = planes collide
Opponents Front End = planes miss by 100 feet.

So as you see, there is no "winning" of a collisions.

IF YOU HIT THEM, YOU WILL TAKE DAMAGE.

IF YOU DO NOT HIT THEM, YOU WILL NOT TAKE DAMAGE.

The only way to "win" a collision is to not collide.

If the plane you colllided with fly's off undamged, that's because THEY didn't see a collision. They avoided it. You didn't. THIER Front End didn't "see" a collision, only yours did.

The only way to "win" a collision is to not collide.

Quit flying into enemy planes.

now, this is the best i've found so far and it makes it make sense....but i've had people fly through me and i took partial damage....and like i said before...i don't try to purport to be completley innocent of these things.....i've flown into others(by accident) and seent them take only partial damage too......while i only took partial damage.............
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
Eny Questions?
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »
hey guys....for the benifit of anyone interested, or curious, i justfound this.........

""If you see orange text its your own damn fault.
If you get the white text it was the other guys.

That is all.

Bronk

SAPP - Secret Association of P38 Pilots
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Eny Questions?
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 02:18:09 PM »
No eye dont hav eny qesthuns

ty fore asking:D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
Eny Questions?
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 04:09:50 PM »
Originally posted by Bucky73
No eye dont hav eny qesthuns

ty fore asking:D

:lol  I WISH i understood ENY well enough to be asking if anyone had questions about it!!   thanks for that though!! it was a good laugh!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
Eny Questions?
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 07:36:06 PM »
GONNA SEE IF I CAN STIR UP SOME MORE STUFF HERE........

what EXACTLY  does ENY mean anyway>?

and for the record, last night(april 14, 2007) knights eny got so hi, we couldn't even fly a zeke

:furious :rolleyes:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Eny Questions?
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 07:48:58 PM »
With all due respect.....

Plain and simple

ENY High = Switch Arena, Switch County or Log off.

It is that simple.

Sorry if that comes off as abrasive

:)
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
Eny Questions?
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 07:55:30 PM »
nope....not at all......... thats nothing compared to a couple guys that come into EW from time to time, and simply pad their scores there while being....uumm.....  i'll use a part of their favorite word.....incredible tardlettes....  that being said, i've done what you suggested...or just gone GV'in........was just tryin to see if i could find out what it really means, thats all..............

anyway, have fun, and thanks!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"