Author Topic: good grief  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
good grief
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »
Look out here comes the WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHmbulance

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
good grief
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2007, 05:43:13 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Doc, please go back and read a bit before you try and tell us about the Doolittle raid.

The B25B had no tail gun position.  They put the broomsticks in as a decoy.  The belly remote turret came out as it was basically useless as it did on the C and later models.

They carried extra fuel in a bomb bay tank as well as additional cans of fuel that the top turret gunner/engineer had to empty into the bomb bay tank as they flew.

So it was a standard B25B with the usual armament outside of the belly turret and it had more fuel not less then normal.

Well Excuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I'm really sorry for being technically inacurate but the point of my post still stands.  I don't believe that we'll see B-25's launching from carriers in the MA.  I'm not beat up about loosing the plane of my choice (the Vader), I'm just happy that something new is comming but I don't wanna hear all the whines after folks get it and discover it isn't going to do what they thought it was going to do.  If I had my way... we'd all have our favorite planes to choose from but that is not practical from a business point of view and we are darned lucky to have the selection we have already.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1

PS.. I did not have sex with your wheaties Guppy!   just ragging ya
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
good grief
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2007, 01:03:13 PM »
Originally posted by SKJohn
Why does everybody keep talking about Ben Aflack?  My daughters think that Josh Hartnett is the good looking one, and he also took a B-25 of from a carrier.  And after all, he got to nail Kate Beckingsale(sp?), not Ben.

Didn't everyone nail her in that movie? :lol