Author Topic: gun control...  (Read 5979 times)

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
gun control...
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2007, 07:23:08 PM »
*applause* Bravo Warspawn...Bravo.:aok

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
gun control...
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »
Go ahead and ban the use or carry of guns and the criminal will show you just how fast a knife will do the same rain of terror. I can draw a knife and hurt you more than a gun ever thought about. At 30' I can start at you with a knife and there is no way you can pull your gun fast enough to stop me. By the time you get your gun out I will have you on the ground and in a lot of pain or dead. yes there are some guys out there that might be able to draw and shoot in 30' but they practice all the time or have the gun out and see me driving my attack to them. I have worked in TDCJ fpr long enough to know that a knife if far more dedly than a gun.

And for the living dead I hope you have lots of ammo and a trusted rifel + pistol

RED:aok
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
gun control...
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2007, 07:56:04 PM »
Originally posted by red26
Go ahead and ban the use or carry of guns and the criminal will show you just how fast a knife will do the same rain of terror.

RED:aok

I would gather from this post that:

1) You might suffer from the illusion that banning the use or carry of guns would mean the criminals might stop carrying them too

:rofl

2)  You really just wanted us to know you consider yourself a badass with a knife

:rolleyes:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
gun control...
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2007, 07:56:22 PM »
I can draw a knife and hurt you more than a gun ever thought about.

James Coburn, Magnificent 7
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
gun control...
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2007, 08:05:19 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
James Coburn, Magnificent 7

Yeah, I remember that!  :D
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
gun control...
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2007, 08:06:33 PM »
He got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun
He got a razor in his shoe

And its bad, bad leroy brown
The baddest man in the whole damn town
Badder than old king kong
And meaner than a junkyard dog
:D

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
gun control...
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2007, 08:09:42 PM »
no Im not a badass with a knife All I know is what has been taught to me in the class room and what I have see in the Unit I worked in TDCJ. But im in no way a badass. I would rather shoot ya if I can knifes are too messy LOL

And the criminals will always have a gun the black market never closes. Just because we band guns dosent need anything RIGHT?
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
gun control...
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
no Im not a badass with a knife All I know is what has been taught to me in the class room and what I have see in the Unit I worked in TDCJ. But im in no way a badass. I would rather shoot ya if I can knifes are too messy LOL

And the criminals will always have a gun the black market never closes. Just because we band guns dosent need anything RIGHT?

I was the most accurate guy at work at throwing a knife,  but I don't have a minute of training using one.

But then, I am also the most accurate guy at work shooting rubber bands.  :D

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
gun control...
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2007, 02:39:39 AM »
Originally posted by Warspawn
For the time period of 1997-1998, assaults and armed robberies increased in all Australian states. Armed robberies increased from 42% of all robberies in 1997 to 46% in 1998. The number of total violent crimes and the numbers of all individual categories of violent crime increased. In addition, unlawful entries rose 3.3% from 421,569 in 1997 to 435,670 in 1998.

[/i]

Actually from 1995 - 2005 gun related crime in NSW fell 40% peaking in 1997, with incidents involving handguns falling 62%. Firearms and Violent crime in New South Wales

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21576049-2,00.html

In 1996, 33 per cent of the 325 homicides committed involved firearms.

Latest figures from the Australian Institute of Criminology show that in 2003, fewer than 16 per cent of 300 homicides involved firearms.

In the US in 2005, firearms were used to commit 68 per cent of the 14,860 homicides.

Originally posted by Warspawn

Happens over and over again even in countries which severely limit their citizen's ability to defend theirselves.  Well...one might say happens especially there.  People who follow the laws restricting defense become the victims, while criminals disregard those laws.

Sigh...one person legally armed when this nut started firing would have put him down like a mad dog.

Bluey's completely right when he says people are able to have firearms, including semi-automatic pistols if they wish.
I believe our laws are correct in trying to take the guns away from one nutbag, instead of trying to arm everyone

Tronsky
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:45:36 AM by -tronski- »
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
gun control...
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2007, 02:42:30 AM »
If 0.2% of the population is criminally insane and 80% of the population owns handguns, how many criminally insaned, armed persons there are walking the streets just as we speak? :rolleyes:
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
gun control...
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2007, 03:44:31 AM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
If 0.2% of the population is criminally insane and 80% of the population owns handguns, how many criminally insaned, armed persons there are walking the streets just as we speak? :rolleyes:

Well, there is lazs...........    :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
gun control...
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2007, 08:07:49 AM »
so bluedog and trotsky...  there are no gun laws in australia?   I can get a permit to carry a handgun with no problem?

If the laws are no stricter than they are here then what were all those pictures of guns being forcefully taken from people and melted down?   Was there no one who had a firearm taken away and melted who wanted to keep it except the insane and the criminal?

If your laws only apply to criminals or the insane then they are good laws.  If they prevent a citizen from defending themselves then they are bad laws.

Knife vs gun...  a person who is determined to kill you has the advantage.  The person who is the weakest and/or slowest has the disadvantage..  for most people in most situations, the firearm is an equalizer.

everyone pretty much answered eagler...  I thought he was kidding tho... I didn't realize that anyone was that missinformed these days.

I have no problem with passing gun laws or penalties that affect only criminals.

lazs

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
gun control...
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2007, 08:23:46 AM »
talking about the living dead, there are some things that you DON'T want to do.  if a knife is all you have, start running.  that is because its stupid to let a zombie into that critical zone we call your "personal space", for obvious reasons.

the other thing is, if you are playing whack a mole with a mob of zombies in the mall, DO NOT stop to take your blood pressure in one of those coin operated blood pressure testing chairs because the cuff will hold your arm, effectively restraining you and allowing the shufflers to enter your "personal space" as this film clip shows:

http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/movies6/dawndead1.mpg
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
gun control...
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2007, 09:12:31 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
everyone pretty much answered eagler...  I thought he was kidding tho... I didn't realize that anyone was that missinformed these days.
lazs

When the day comes when we don't kill each other as animals and we live in peace as brothers, do you think everyone will have a gun or no one will?

I believe there will not be a need for guns.
More guns to me does not fix a gun control issue. As I stated before, it is not the wild wild west anymore. You guys are just prolonging the status quo with your "pry my cold dead fingers from my gun" mentality.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:15:38 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
gun control...
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2007, 09:49:30 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
When the day comes when we don't kill each other as animals and we live in peace as brothers, do you think everyone will have a gun or no one will?

Which day is this? I'll mark my calendar.

I'm assuming on that day we'll have also done away with violent crime in general and shut down the black market... which means virtually everything is legal and there's no more poverty. All forms of mental illness should be cured at this point, and even though alcohol is legal, nobody at all drinks it...

...yeah I just don't see that happening.