Author Topic: Horrible Lag  (Read 219 times)

Offline wooly15

• Copper Member
Horrible Lag
« on: April 12, 2007, 03:27:40 PM »
Hopefully someone else as been through this and knows how to correct it.  The other day I started having horrible lag with my DSL connection that has created warping.  It is so bad I cannot play the game.  After 100 router/modem/PC resets,  I ran pingplotter and found that I relay through 15 different stations to connect to hitech's server.  With the 5th one down the line, I  have an average of 15 to 60% packet loss every time.  I contacted Verizon (my ISP) 4 times explaining this and I get a "we don't know what you're talking about" response every time.  What do I do? who do I call if tech support doesnt know? I even have the IP and physical address of the bad station. Anyone in Kansas that can go hit reset on the server for me?

:mad:

Offline -VM-

• Zinc Member
Horrible Lag
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:30:20 AM »
AT&T ? They finally fixed the issue I had after I sent them a 4 day history from pingplotter. Don't know what they fixed but they called me to tell me it had been resolved. Of course they gave me the run around until I finally got to talk to an engineer. The real helpful thing was that I could point my finger at the offending hop with pingplotter.

I do live in Kansas. They are running a great deal of new fiber optics here.Cableplows everywhere. Progress can sometimes seem contrary.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 12:35:12 AM by -VM- »

Offline wooly15

• Copper Member
Horrible Lag
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 10:54:51 AM »
are you near Wichita?  Thats where the site is. Bump my number of Tech support calls to 5 now with no luck.  It would also be great if tech support was based in the US so they knew what Wichita even was.  The last guy actually asked me if that was the name of a website.