Author Topic: Don't take life for granted!  (Read 587 times)

VWE

Don't take life for granted!
« on: April 20, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
These are some things I took for granted prior to leaving the states:

Sex with my girlfriend, "hey babe, let me just finish flying this one sorty first then I'll be right up"... stupid, stupid, stupid.

Getting into the car and listening to the radio, unless you actually enjoy listening to music that sounds like someone threw a retard down a flight of stairs...

Weekends... weekends are made for getting out of the house and doing something, every day is Monday here.

Its the little things in life you don't really think about that makes life worth living, when those little things go away over night you too may find yourself reflecting...

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 01:30:03 PM »
True true...

Where are you at VWE that life sucks so hard? :confused:

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:33:41 PM »
Originally posted by DYNAMITE
True true...

Where are you at VWE that life sucks so hard? :confused:

Iraq.

Doesn't get much harder.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 01:34:30 PM »
Keep those thoughts alive and when you get back stateside act on them.

Oh and keep yer eyes open and yer head and bellybutton down!  

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 01:55:30 PM »
====
Good advice!

Also:  Think and Be Safe!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »
It's all waiting for you when you get home Sir.

Thank you for your service.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 02:34:34 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Iraq.

Doesn't get much harder.

:O :O :O

Dude, I had no idea!  

Stay safe bud!!!!!!!!!!!  

Thank you for your service!

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
It's all waiting for you when you get home Sir.

Thank you for your service.

ditto
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »
absolutely right VWE

thanks for your service
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »
I find it so *strange* that in this day in age, we can actually talk to troops in a Combat Zone.  When I was a kid, I would read about guys in World War II, Korea, and even Vietnam.  It seemed so far removed, so distant.  Now here we are, chatting on a message board with VWE, whos actually in a war zone and combat.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 04:05:32 PM »
Dude post your APO. My boys and I will send you and your boys a care package. Beef Jerky, Jolly Ranchers, maybe some CD's of good old American Music to rock out on. Maybe a case of Scope "mouth wash" hint hint (pepermint shnapps and green food coloring:aok )  I loved it when my sister sent me stuff like that just don't drink allot.

Really though, if you guys need anything please post it up here, I know many of us would be happy to donate whatever we can to support you guys and make life a little easier for you. Hell I know even a simple letter saying Hi hows the weather can make a big differance sometimes.

Maybe we can talk HiTech into getting a bunch of ball caps sent over and you guys can post a picture of everyone wearing them. A little free advertizing maybe:D

Hope everything goes well for you over there. Keep your head on a swivel and come home in one piece. Best of luck to you and your guys and from one vet to anouther, THANK YOU SIR Charlie Mike!!!
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »
keep your head down VW
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 07:45:26 PM »
An Open Letter to VWE & His Bros:

Dear Servicefolks:

As you stand around that computer monitor in a hostile area reading this, I really want you to know a few things....

I cannot even BEGIN to explain how PROUD and APPRECIATIVE my family and I are of you to volunteer for this serious and dangerous undertaking.  It took MASSIVE, MONUMENTAL 'NADS the size of two NFL domed stadiums to make that decision, undergo that very difficult training, put on those BDU's and go into harm's way for our country.  For that, I THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

My family has had members serve in every conflict since the American Revoloution, and some have come home, others have not, but they all understood what they were doing for their country...and none of it was "easy".

For looking back in the original post that your bro put up, remembering the days of "quality time" with his girl, hanging out with pals on the weekends, kicking back with an ice cold adult golden beverage and veging in front of the tv, or just washing & waxing the Mustang on a nice day....think of this.....

There are a BOATLOAD of people just like me who pray EVERY DAY that when the time comes, and you get the wake-up call and the ticket home, that you are all safe, healthy, and in one piece.

Just think how much sweeter EVERY DAY AFTER THAT will be after all you have been through!  

Taking anything for granted?  Not anymore.

THANK YOU!!!!

A BIG <> Salute from...

68ROX
Bruce Brady
Hot Springs, AR
USA

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 08:06:15 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Maybe a case of Scope "mouth wash" hint hint (pepermint shnapps and green food coloring:aok )  I loved it when my sister sent me stuff like that just don't drink allot.

as I've said before.. a 12 oz beer and a 6 oz beer fit great in a pringles tube ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 08:12:54 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
as I've said before.. a 12 oz beer and a 6 oz beer fit great in a pringles tube ;)

Yeah but they probably want the pringles too. I know when I was over there I would have killed for some.:D

Seriously though, we as a community should organize some sort of care package drive for VWE and his buddies. Maybe try and get a list of all the players that are serving over there right now and put something together for all of them. I don't think it would have to be anything huge but I'm sure they would appreciate the show of support from their online friends. I know I would be willing to help out with something like that.

How about it folks???
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"