Author Topic: HTC, just a quikie  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
wqtf i came here looking for a quickie. :mad: :noid

You have not changed:D

oh btw how the hell are ya
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 07:05:03 PM »
will the old maps even work with the new layout?????
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 07:50:59 PM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
will the old maps even work with the new layout?????

There ya go another good question........

wish we could get a few answers here from the great ones....:noid
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Good thing you didn't play AW. You wouldn't have made it. It's about the fight, not the map.

It's no longer 1995, no reason not to change it up some.  Back then we had no choice except what game we played.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 05:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by Wax
You have not changed:D

oh btw how the hell are ya

wax  you moutherfletcher i am GOOd! call me baby!
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 06:41:43 AM »
I still don't see the big deal about the maps. It might not be 1995 but it's still a flight sim/game. Does a chess board ever change? No. And I've never played the same game twice. No matter if the map has been used for 10 years no battle will ever be the same.

Just enjoy playing cartoon airplanes and tanks. As ROC said in another thead, " If people had nothing to complain about, they'd complain about it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 09:14:52 AM »
the old maps wont work with the new terrain and transiions unless they are all redone.

people are waiting to make new buts when the new terrain editior comes out,and dont say 2 weeks
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 09:22:27 AM »
I absolutely despised the big maps.When I started playing again a few months ago,I was very pleased to find the old maps back.You can always find a furball in them.

In the big maps it seemed to me that once a furball developed,many of the players would simply go somewhere else where there wasn't as much opposition.It felt like I was "chasing" the fight.

Just my .02

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:55 AM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
I still don't see the big deal about the maps. It might not be 1995 but it's still a flight sim/game. Does a chess board ever change? No. And I've never played the same game twice. No matter if the map has been used for 10 years no battle will ever be the same.

Just enjoy playing cartoon airplanes and tanks. As ROC said in another thead, " If people had nothing to complain about, they'd complain about it.

The maps make a big difference in the ground game, attack missions and bomber missions.  As a few examples:

On NDIsles, outside of tank town, there really isn't a place for a ground battle if certain islands aren't split between countries.

On Mid-Mesa there are no CV's, thus no chance for that aspect of the game to be played.  

SmPizza and Beta are both good maps for the ground game, and thus the attack game but beta is too small to fly a high-alt buff mission (there's just not enough room to get to alt).

To a lesser degree, the maps also play a role in the fighter game.  Lake Uterus largely revolves around three furballs while SmPizza allows the battle to spread over a wider area allowing for more one-on-one or one-on-two opportunities.

Yes, I agree, it's all about the fight but the maps influence the style of fighting and to those who like to play every aspect of the game the maps make a bigger difference than to those that prefer to just furball.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 10:01:15 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:21:58 PM by hitech »
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 01:16:49 PM »
Atoon: Could it possibly be, that we are completely undecided, have no plan with maps, we are busy with other issues and hence have no opinion that we wish to share with our players?

I have long since learned until we have a really good idea what direction we wish to go, the only purpose announcing ideas serves is to create more strife in the player base.

And I am sure even stating the truth like above I will now be criticized for not having a good enough game plan.

Offline Coach

• Copper Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 01:46:14 PM »
HT... did the BBS spell check come out in the last patch? :D

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Atoon: Could it possibly be, that we are completely undecided, have no plan with maps, we are busy with other issues and hence have no opinion that we wish to share with our players?

I have long since learned until we have a really good idea what direction we wish to go, the only purpose announcing ideas serves is to create more strife in the player base.

And I am sure even stating the truth like above I will now be criticized for not having a good enough game plan.

thanks for replying, thats all i wanted, just to know where we were at,
to be fair to "atoon", when after 3 threads  in which the community asked for some sort of update, you do sorta wonder.

we don't like to assume it's just that you don't know yet because we had the arena split sprung up on us with no warning and you certainly had your idea and direction clear then...

cheers,
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:02:59 PM by Laurie »

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 02:09:24 PM »
Originally posted by hitech

Hitech,

You might be surprised how much of a positive effect anouncing that you are busy with other items, or have not finalized any plans has for the majority of players who would otherwise be subjected to rumor and speculation.

Vertex.

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
HTC, just a quikie
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 02:11:27 PM »
more maps=more fun;)
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-