Author Topic: Amount of players allowed in arenas  (Read 843 times)

Offline Glas

• Copper Member
Amount of players allowed in arenas
« on: May 02, 2007, 02:40:14 PM »
Okay, can anyone tell me whats the deal with this?

I join the game sometimes, and the limit to certain arenas is 120 (usually the most popular arenas - late war).  Sometimes higher.  But what is the deal when an arena has a capacity of 120 people, and there is 170 people in it?!

Even worse is the fact that, whilst I have no chance of joining that arena, I just seen one of the late war arenas with a 120 limit with 171 players in it.  I quitted and re-entered, and it showed 172!!! :confused: :furious

This restriction on certain arenas, whilst there is over-capacity on others, is kinda annoying :mad:

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »
There appears to be something wrong with your installation. The maximum players on mine is at least 200 or higher depending on the arena. None have a maximum of 120. Something appears to be wrong with your installation or the message saying "Capacity is ### in this arena" is not reaching your computer fully.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 06:49:39 PM »
the arena cap are setup to work together... well the LW arenas anyway. As the population moves closer to the cap in one arena the cap will increase in the other and visa verser. This also works as the number decrease.

If blue has 170 people in it with a cap or 200, then Orange gets reset due to one team "winning the war". Orange caps drops due to the reset, lowering the cap on the blue arena.... below the number in the arena. In this case you'll see number like you did.

Just give Orange 5-10 mins to refill and the cap will climb back up in Blue.

Offline Renotrigger

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.kaneva.com/channel/Renotrigger.people
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 12:32:45 PM »
Originally posted by Denholm
There appears to be something wrong with your installation. The maximum players on mine is at least 200 or higher depending on the arena. None have a maximum of 120. Something appears to be wrong with your installation or the message saying "Capacity is ### in this arena" is not reaching your computer fully.

Actually I just got the same thing not a minute ago. Maximum 120 in Orange with 147 playing, while blue had a cap of 170 with only 2 ppl in it.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 12:51:46 PM »

Quite often see arena max's less than the figure you use.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 12:55:54 PM »
DON'T LISTEN TO DENHOLM!

He's mistaken and is wrong.

The capacity limits are always changing.  Sometimes they lower from 220 to 120 while.  If there were 200 people in that arena when it goes from 220 to 120, then you'll see 200/120.  No one can go in until the 81 people log off or until the cap limits is raised again.

Cap limites are dynamic.  Search the BBS for more information on the details on how they determine the cap limits.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 01:33:15 PM »
You must not go on during the afternoon or the morning because it's almost always around 120 cap then.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Kami

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 03:20:13 PM »
Look it's simple, they LW caps work off each other to balance the players between them.  However Blue right now is messed up.  It won't allow others to enter into it.  So it is slowly dieing.  In the meantime, Orange cap keeps going down to get people to go to blue(which they can't) so pretty much a problem on one server affects them both with the current cap system.

Anytime you see a server with 215/120 means that they want more people in the other LW arena and that the cap had dropped from 220 or higher which allowed that many people in it in the first place.  It is a much nicer way of balancing the two servers instead of just kicking people out of the one into the other.  However with the current LW Blue problems, we have found a severe flaw in the design.

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 03:37:12 PM »
i just tried to get on... first time since friday.

MW is full
MW2 is dead
LWO is full
LWB is dead

only one i can join would be EW... :huh

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 03:45:22 PM »
Guys:

There is a MAJOR server problem at HTC...

The sad part, some folks have used this problem to turn the arenas into a gangbang cluster.....

I have been unable to get into LW all day.

The time I spent in MW...well...tape a look at the maps above.

I could get into EW, but that map had degenerated into one big furball in the middle.

They could have at LEAST put up something on the main website, or even a MOTD to explain the SNAFU....

What a complete cluster....

68ROX
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:49:14 PM by 68ROX »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 01:19:16 AM »
45 to 47 is where it was at!

Degenerate into a furball?   Surely that would mean it would have to descend from some other higher place?  

All i Know is that I had more fun in that hour or 2 than I have in recent months.  It was, as Kazaa would say "off the hook"  

When there are so many cons in the air that you can't decide which one to go for and there are bits of planes falling everywhere, parachutes, planes on fire, tracers,  puffy ack from the CV pounding away.  Kill or be killed.  

MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online.  Some might say thats what AH does best.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 01:22:20 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 01:53:03 AM »
Ya might find that the folks that put on this show would like a day off every once in a while. I suppose Sunday aint a day of rest for everyone. I know it's not for me. Then I again I don't work more'n 4 days a week either.

I'd suggest if the server crapped out on a Sunday and it meant you couldn't get into one arena for a day even though others were open then you might learn to take it in stride. It only happens every once in a while.

Ref the MA's. All I can say about it is....120/120 in one arena and 1/170 in the other. I kinda wonder what that one fella was doing in the Blue arena with himself. 'nuff said. :)

Ren

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 11:44:42 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:34:45 AM by -sudz- »

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »
Originally posted by 999000
See Rule #4

yup quality customer services there...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:59:17 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »
Originally posted by Anyone
yup quality customer services there...

You can always take your money elsewhere if you are not satisifed with this product or it's service.