Author Topic: X45 and profiler question  (Read 209 times)

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
X45 and profiler question
« on: May 06, 2007, 09:48:20 AM »
I never used the profiler before my POV1 started going out. Transfered what little I had on POV2 to POV1 and found that AH only sees POV2 as 4 position(all 4 hats are capable of 8-pos but only POV1 is seen as such).

Used the profiler to mimic #P key presses for views. Was surprised that I could use both profiler and AH -not the sharpest tool.

Now if I have the radio bar up POV2 does not work. Only the forward possition is maped to 2 keys. The rest are 1 key and do work in conjuction with a stick botton maped to #P 5 when the radio is not up.

Any way around this radio/views problem? Or do I just live with it?
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Cyg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 10:46:21 AM »
If i'm understanding what your trying to say, no there really isnt a way around it. The profiler is there so you can put the keystrokes in the stick. The game will still see it as a keystroke reguardless if you hit the actual key, or the button/hat on the stick. The best thing to do is not keep your "chat entry window" open constantly.

I also use the X45, so if you have any more Q's, let me know.

CygnusX1

Offline wooly15

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »
I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about but, here goes.  I have an X45 as well.  I use the HAT2 for 45 degree views (front up, up left, up right etc).  If I try and map all eight individual views it doesn't work.  AH will only allow me to use 4 positions.  If I only map the main 4 (front up, up left, up right and up back, it will automatically map the "in between" keys (front left up, front right up..etc).  I hope that helps.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »
Cyg, if I had had number lock on I'd have cought that right away LOL.

TY Wooly. It does see the in-betweens as a combo. Know what they say about assuming? The down side is that I can't us the 0% as "look forward up" anymore because it gives me the "up" as part of the 45% left and right views. Will have to get used to using my "look up" stick button along with the hat to get the "look forward up"

Already having trouble with Vox, Clipboard, Zoom and CT toggling when I'm trying to look around with my old view hat. I can see me smashing the whole thing and getting a new one.:mad:
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"