Author Topic: OK Larry/TK  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 01:09:43 PM »
Guppy when you get a chance clean out your PM's I have some P-38 stuff to run by you.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 01:11:25 PM »
Friday or Saturday night was probably my first night back in the AvA in 6 months. There were some good fights as TK and a bunch of other Axis players seemed to have the upper hand over the Allies. The striking thing that became apparent early was that the Axis players were for the most part staying about 6 to 8 miles away from the Allied base. An hour later after the numbers dwindled to about 6, the Allied players had the upper hand and were picking the Axis as they climbed out of their field. I logged and went to the MA.

It's just a thought but I'd recommend the MOTD lead off with AvA code of etiquette and that any player on either side call out to countrymen to read the MOTD when they see MA style behavior. If there is no AvA etiquette, which would be surprising with all these threads about it, that's fine but if there is, wouldn't it be a good idea to let new players know what it's supposed to be and remind the old hands as well (blatant rhetorical question.)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Guppy when you get a chance clean out your PM's I have some P-38 stuff to run by you.:aok

Consider it cleaned out :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 01:16:18 PM »
yes dear
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 01:29:01 PM »
there was a lot of mundane trash talking in the AvA when I played there but some of the best and most intense encounters resulted from the  personal grudges that resulted.  I absolutely hated storch and n7 but damn those guys could hand your bellybutton to you without batting an eyelash.

Screw em, but they were alot of fun ;)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 01:45:14 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
I asked OM if there were any slots open for a CM to try to have atlease one guy who flys axis as a CM, but now that its going back to the old JG54 bashing days I think Ill fly the MAs more and more from now on.  

Yeah, if only one of the staff would fly Axis then "atlease" then would see were you guys are coming from.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 01:55:03 PM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
Friday or Saturday night was probably my first night back in the AvA in 6 months. There were some good fights as TK and a bunch of other Axis players seemed to have the upper hand over the Allies.

MINE MINE MINE!!:D

Originally posted by Slash27
Yeah, if only one of the staff would fly Axis then "atlease" then would see were you guys are coming from.

You guys might fly axis about as much as I fly allied. Flying axis an hour a week doesnt makr you an axis flyer. As far as I know all CMs are in allied squads and fly allied. Mabey one or two axis flyers as Cms wouldnt hurt.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

storch

OK Larry/TK
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 01:56:11 PM »
or maybe seeing them in the arena at all even.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 02:00:48 PM »
LOL you guys are such victims in all this.

OK  the 80th just changed its name in the AvA to II/JG301 "Wilde Sau" (Read a great history on them so it made sense).  We're 109 pilots from now on.

Gonna keep trolling for high Spits and Hurris too.

I may be scattering 38G parts all over the MA but I'll be scattering 109G6 parts all over the AvA :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 02:02:33 PM »
Okay Ill see how you like the AvA after about 5 years of flying axis.:aok
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
OM is right, the old days of AvA, really CT times, needs to be buried and a fresh face put on the room with less crying and complaining about planesets or tactics.

Forgeting about all the years past will never happen. Thats what makes the AvA good all the history behind the people and squads.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »

You guys might fly axis about as much as I fly allied. Flying axis an hour a week doesnt makr you an axis flyer. As far as I know all CMs are in allied squads and fly allied. Mabey one or two axis flyers as Cms wouldnt hurt.

I count one staffer in an "Allied" squad. Its well known we fly for whatever side has the least numbers, but you knew that. Its just fits the" its JG54 against the world" scenario you love to portray. An hour a week, this from the guy who's been back for 10 minutes.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 02:11:31 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
LOL you guys are such victims in all this.

They thrive on this Dan. As soon as the AvA starts getting people intrested again this same old song and dance comes up. Before too long its a ghost town again and all is well in their world.

storch

OK Larry/TK
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 02:11:46 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
My wife of 25 years would be a bit surprised to find out I was Dawn :)

We'd be hard pressed to explain the children as well:noid

Me thinks you miss the point KONG.  Or are you content for the AvA to continue sputtering along with very few occupants?
the point is that with poor setups the arena will remain empty.  I could care less what anyone types at me at have a keyboard as well.  I think most folks see the 200 banter for what it is.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 02:14:56 PM »
Okay Ill see how you like the AvA after about 5 years of flying axis.:aok

LOL so now their's a time frame before you qualify as Axis?

Lets see, I GL'd my first 109 Squadron back in Airwarrior when I had II/JG54 in the Battle of Britain Scenario.

Always had a soft spot for the 109E.  

That was  2000 if memory serves.  Built my first 109 model when I was about 7, which would have been 40 years ago.  We can talk LW history if you want.  My home library has a very large portion of it devoted to the 109 in particular.  Some great stuff on JG54 as well as JG26, JG300, etc.

Hope bout 109 profiles?  I'm kinda proud of my 109Es.  This one being II/JG54 because of that group I GL'd.

Are there other qualifications I need to fly Axis?  There always seems to be one more hoop for the rest of us to jump through
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters