Author Topic: OK Larry/TK  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK Larry/TK
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:25:22 PM »
Lets go into AvA, take 109s and go in low and make em come down and see if we can change it.

Might have to take some lumps, but who knows.  it might be fun :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 06:37:39 PM »
Count me in.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:59:47 PM »
No Im ganna go fly in the MA the rest of the week since there I can atlease fly something that will have a chance of beating the hordes of spits. I asked OM if there were any slots open for a CM to try to have atlease one guy who flys axis as a CM, but now that its going back to the old JG54 bashing days I think Ill fly the MAs more and more from now on. We swich and fight squadies when numbers are low and the past few days we have been the last ones in the arena fighting 3v3 agenst each other, but I bet you'll say becasue we made everyone else leave. If you want to say AvA is mini MA tell me and Ill start vulching and milking bases then it can really be one. Mabey when you guys stop bashing us when we do something you dont like and then turn around and do the same thing I might want to go back but untill then you can kill squadies.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:02:54 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 07:02:01 PM »
Don't recall bashing you.  Offered to fly with you in 109s.

Interesting that I found i could hang with the Spit V down low just fine in a G6.  had some knockdown drag out fights and won some too and I'm not a 109 driver.  I'm guessing you 109 experts could eat them up down low.

If you want to make it work, then we need to change the tone.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 07:05:02 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Don't recall bashing you.  Offered to fly with you in 109s.

Interesting that I found i could hang with the Spit V down low just fine in a G6.  had some knockdown drag out fights and won some too and I'm not a 109 driver.  I'm guessing you 109 experts could eat them up down low.

Ahh yes the guys you were just fighting. From what I seen I think those guys are noobs. and I was almost out turning my 110G with them. You might want to fly agenst people who really dont need to fly them to be good then see how long you last. About the bashing dont worry I can smell it in the air its coming. Just like when I smelled the spitaly coming. Soon skuzzy will be in here locking threads.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:07:28 PM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 07:10:19 PM »
Badboy is a noob?  LOL He'd love to hear that.

So what you complaining for then if they're all noobs?  You should be able to kill em with ease
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 07:16:07 PM »
Badboy was the only non noob I seen in there a few mins ago. I dont think you get what Im saying. Most of the guys that were jsut in there were noobs. Wait till AvA regulars get in there and in the spits then up a 109G6 and try to turn with them. Then get back to me.

Im not trying to be an ass. I like and respect you but Iv seen all this many many times before. First theres one or two posts about GJ54 next thing you know skuzzys in here editing posts and locking threads.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:18:27 PM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »
So the answer is for the Axis to have the better birds?

I don't believe that's the key.  I still believe it's the tone set.

Not that tough to ask a guy if he wants help.  Sure others won't do it initially but with the smaller crowd, the tone can be set easier that this is how it's done in here.

But the long time AvA guys have to make it happen first.

I don't care what I fly against, I just want it to be a fair fight.  Spits vs 109s is a fair fight.

And yeah, vets in Spits are gonna hand me my backside as I'm NOT a 109 driver.  I don't know it's quirks like you guys do.  So if my 109 noobishness can compete with noob Spit drivers, it must be an even deal :)

But I don't mind the challenge to get better.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 07:39:02 PM »
Yes a 1v1 spit fight is fun, but when they come in at 13K dive in on you loose all thier speed and sit 400ft off your six while your pull move outa your bellybutton and cant do a thing about it it gets old real fast. For a 109 to even have a chance he needs the speed to B&Z thats one reason I try to be about 2-3K above you guys. Another "fun" fight is when a hi spit over shoots and you somehow get flaps down and trim working and just as you have a shot on him your back into the tower from another 13k spit diving in on your going mach 2 then hiting the air breakes and poping you.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 07:59:18 PM »
You are wasting your breath Dan.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 08:55:23 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Yes a 1v1 spit fight is fun, but when they come in at 13K dive in on you loose all thier speed and sit 400ft off your six while your pull move outa your bellybutton and cant do a thing about it it gets old real fast. For a 109 to even have a chance he needs the speed to B&Z thats one reason I try to be about 2-3K above you guys. Another "fun" fight is when a hi spit over shoots and you somehow get flaps down and trim working and just as you have a shot on him your back into the tower from another 13k spit diving in on your going mach 2 then hiting the air breakes and poping you.

I know that feeling from my 38G and multiple 109s.

Again, how do we change the tone.

It's not the aircraft match up, it's the attitude of the pilots flying them

That's why I offered to go in low with you in 109s.  The only way we change it, is to NOT play the same stupid game of higher and faster.

Eventually they'll get bored up there and come down where the fights are.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 09:22:22 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
You are wasting your breath Dan.

No, actually he isn't.  Some good can come out of all this, I think.

First, TrueKill is carrying a lot of past history with him, history that really doesn't include most of the people who fly AvA these days.  I can understand why he has a chip on his shoulder, but it's a new crowd, and it would be nice if he would lose the chip.

Second, it's good to see people like Dan, Shifty, Bug and Soulyss coming back here after having had a bad experience or two.  There is a lot of basic good in the AvA.  We need to work with that, and suffer through the bad.

Third, because some squad leaders and other influential types have made an effort to get their people into the AvA, we DO have some new people who will carry MA experiences with them.  I fly in the MA arenas occasionally, and I almost always get caught with a HO, or get vulched, and I DO always get ganged.  We can't really expect that people who are used to that atmosphere will automatically adjust to the kinder, gentler AvA.  (Parenthetically - note the parentheses - I observe that one of our regular squads which has spent the past few months in the MAs has adopted some of these qualities!)

Fourth, the AvA regulars - well, many of them, at least - are very competent.  There are people as good or better in the MAs, but the ace-per-hundred ratio is a lot different.  Dicho has commented on this before.  For a new person, this can get overwhelming, I imagine, and you have to expect that some of them will HO and/or gang out of simple frustration.

Fifth (and last):  We regulars are the ones who ought to be recognizing this, and be the LAST ones to say, "Well, hey, if they're doing it to us, then we're gonna do it to them!"  Chill.  Set the standard, don't drop to the lowest denominator.

Thanks to all who are involved, the AvA boards haven't been this busy in awhile, and it's good to see new people in the arena.

- oldman (and Grits is the madman, not me)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 09:27:29 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

Fifth (and last):  We regulars are the ones who ought to be recognizing this, and be the LAST ones to say, "Well, hey, if they're doing it to us, then we're gonna do it to them!"  Chill.  Set the standard, don't drop to the lowest denominator.

- oldman (and Grits is the madman, not me)

And that's my whole point.  Someone has to set the tone, and it should be the vets in the AvA.  If those of us coming in have that mindset, as my guys do for sure, then it shouldn't be that hard to change and set a higher bar for AvA play
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 09:31:24 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
First, TrueKill is carrying a lot of past history with him, history that really doesn't include most of the people who fly AvA these days.  I can understand why he has a chip on his shoulder, but it's a new crowd, and it would be nice if he would lose the chip.

I agree. This is what I mean about Dan wasting his breath, I dont expect that chip to go away anytime soon. His comments about someone needing to be the "bad guy" are clear evidence that he enjoys his perceived role. Tone is the one thing that the AvA Staff can not control, only the player base can.

- oldman (and Grits is the madman, not me) [/B]

Bah, no one pay any attention to that madman!

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
OK Larry/TK
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 09:35:45 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
And that's my whole point.  Someone has to set the tone, and it should be the vets in the AvA.  If those of us coming in have that mindset, as my guys do for sure, then it shouldn't be that hard to change and set a higher bar for AvA play

You are correct Dan. The problem is it only takes one or two to that do not buy into the plan to reverse all the gains you make in changing the tone. I hope you succeed, but I have seen attempts like this fail miserably in the past and I am not optimistic.