Author Topic: Falwell Dead  (Read 3347 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 11:22:50 PM »
"how dare you criticize hitler...he's dead!"  - someone c. 1945
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2007, 11:57:41 PM »
He lived badly.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2007, 12:05:12 AM »
Originally posted by JB88
wher'd you get that quote RPM?

:confused:
I Googled Falwell Flynt. It was in a Cali paper.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 12:44:09 AM »
mucho gracias senior rpm.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2007, 01:01:21 AM »
por nada :)
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline oldtard

• Copper Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 05:10:55 AM »
maybe they can get the teli-tubbies to be the pole bearers:rofl

storch

Falwell Dead
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 06:54:57 AM »
Originally posted by DYNAMITE
Storch... you have some interesting takes on things.  I'll give you that.  But I have to disagree with your plan to cease all discussion of an individual after they've gone (but only if you mention the negative aspects of their lives)... that is pure folly.  

The life of the Rev. Falwell should be remembered... the good, and the bad... if only for others to learn from him.  This was a man that brought together hundreds of thousands of people... but to do so he alienated millions.  Why?  How?  And to what end?  In order to do that people need to evaluate who he was, warts and all.  To do so is a normal reaction to any significant event, and no it is not cowardly.  

If anything, clamming up and denying who you are and what you believe just because someone has passed is cowardly... because clearly such a person doesn't have the stones to stand up and be accounted for.
I don't believe I made any mention to analyzing and even holding up scrutiny any and all of the man's body of work.  what I find disturbing are the ad hominem leveled at a dead guy.  I'm sure 90% of the posters on this board would not say face to face or if they could be held accountable in the slightest way type what they type.  I'm one of the estimated 10% that will.  therein lies the difference.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2007, 07:57:06 AM »
I'm going to pay as much attention to his passing as I did to him in life, which is none at all.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
yep... never paid much attention to the guy while he was alive.   Won't miss him at all now that he is gone.  

lazs

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »
Originally posted by storch
the people who make derogatory statements about the dead are cowards.  that perception applies to even osama bin ladin at the time of his passing.  I might curse him now but I won't if he is dead, there is no point to it.

I don't care if he's dead or alive. Whether or not there's an eletrical signal firing around in his brain holds no bearing to me. Pushing for religious based morality legislation makes you a sweetheartbag. Blaming terrorism on gays & abortion makes you a sweetheartbag. If you support seggregation, you're a sweetheartbag. If you think a "moral majority" knows what's best for everybody else, you're a sweetheartbag. Seagoon is a real Christian. This guy was a sweetheartbag televangelist.

If you're a sweetheartbag, and I get the opportunity, I'll tell you to your face. I'm a big boy. I'll take responsibility for anything I say.

some of you guys need a good asswhipping it seems you have long been deprived of one.

If you think I should be beat up for having an opinion and no tact... well... bring it. Next con. Plenty of gym's in Dallas. You can pick, mats, ring, or cage. I'll make the calls and set it up.

Loser buys the first round after the EMTs release us.

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »
some of you guys need a good asswhipping it seems you have long been deprived of one.

The mark of healthy Christian:aok
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
Falwell Dead
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 04:24:40 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I don't believe I made any mention to analyzing and even holding up scrutiny any and all of the man's body of work.  what I find disturbing are the ad hominem leveled at a dead guy.  I'm sure 90% of the posters on this board would not say face to face or if they could be held accountable in the slightest way type what they type.  I'm one of the estimated 10% that will.  therein lies the difference.

Well maybe it should be 11% because I'll stand up and let you know what I think.  

But you make a point Storch, not everyone is willing to own their words... but I bet there are more than you think.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:06:19 PM by DYNAMITE »

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Falwell Dead
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007, 05:01:25 PM »
Is this the bloke with the 'US Army = studmuffingots' and 'Thank God for IEDs' placcards?

If not, he sounds very similar.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Falwell Dead
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 05:10:46 PM »
Nope, that's a silly person named Fred Phelps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Falwell Dead
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 05:15:38 PM »
That's him. Although all these religious fanatics blur into one to be fair. Seems to be plenty around, these days.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.