Author Topic: Language,inappropriate text,kids online  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 03:53:49 PM »
Originally posted by Geary420
Sharing means caring!

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 03:55:04 PM »
Originally posted by xBishsquaddie
Imagine being at a public place and using this language and street-vocabulary while kids are around.   This language by adults in the presence of children (under age 18) is a problem.

The written and spoken language on local chat and squad channel is both immature and inappropriate.

Our Birds of Prey are totally out of control.  Falcnwng is talking about sex and body parts and Dystve is saying the F word in every other sentence. Or the discussions/references on getting stoned or drunk.

Even on this chat forum, this clown Karaya (who I understand is an adult) is cursing and carrying on with most of the posts.

If you don't think this a problem, ask VansCrew or Allied how old they are, not to mention the even younger "squeakers".

In this age of the internet, you are being recorded and screen shots are taken.  I word to the wise..... clean it up gents.

Sure thing, Ned Flanders Dweeb!!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 03:55:52 PM »
Interesting, seeing everyone jump in to defend the bad language.  

- oldman

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 03:57:19 PM »
Originally posted by USRanger
Lol nice shade!  Btw,  the BoPs are an over 18 squad, so we don't have to worry about "younger" minds.  We can talk to each other on our squad channel however we so choose.  Don't like it?  Stay off our squad channel, you spying little tard.

Oh yeah, goyourself.

I think this sums it up, well put ranger!!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »
I thought Reverend Falwell was dead??:huh

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

- oldman

My post contains no foul language, or any of the sort.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 04:02:35 PM »
YEp, I'm in a geriatric squad as well, we fart, stink, cuss, talk about how screwed up the world is,.....and fly on,....I do believe if the lil  tardlings, grow up to be foul mouthed, drunk, pot heads,..... shall we accept the blame? not me..becouse i are one.:t
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 04:04:29 PM »

Wow look who showed up.:rofl :rofl :rofl

Innocence Abused guards her purity jealously and cannot countenance crude language and gets the vapors over frank references to intimate bodily functions. This digital ingénue is a very weak Warrior, and is a favorite target of Enfant Provocateur, Jerk, Troller, and Evil Clown, but Innocence Abused can always count on other Warriors, such as Cyber Sisters, Weenie and Toxic Granny, to come to her defense.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 04:05:45 PM »
What i find odd the fact most of the people cursing and begrudging, are the younger ones anyhow.

Discount the older people like me who still cuss.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 04:15:36 PM »
Imagine being at a public place

You have the option of bringing offenders to the attention of HTC by logging a report of vox/text abuse. Clipboard>roster>name>right click

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 04:18:01 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

- oldman

I'm not defending anyone's language. This reeks of an attempt at cartoon character assassination, not an actual complaint about the language of others, on channel he's made a conscious effort to tune to.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »
Imagine being at a public place and using this language and street-vocabulary while kids are around.   This language by adults in the presence of children (under age 18) is a problem.

The written and spoken language on local chat and squad channel is both immature and inappropriate.

Our Birds of Prey are totally out of control.  Falcnwng is talking about sex and body parts and Dystve is saying the F word in every other sentence. Or the discussions/references on getting stoned or drunk.

Even on this chat forum, this clown Karaya (who I understand is an adult) is cursing and carrying on with most of the posts.

If you don't think this a problem, ask VansCrew or Allied how old they are, not to mention the even younger "squeakers".

In this age of the internet, you are being recorded and screen shots are taken.  I word to the wise..... clean it up gents.

this makes me want to talk to the birds of prey about sex an drugs
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Cable

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 04:22:59 PM »
Our Birds of Prey are totally out of control. Falcnwng is talking about sex and body parts and Dystve is saying the F word in every other sentence. Or the discussions/references on getting stoned or drunk.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 04:33:33 PM »
This is an actual example. I only include it here as it's damned funny.

This is honest to God, word for word what was said to me one afternoon.

"You flippin eejit! Don't you know how to give a check six? Now I'm dead and it's all thanks to you!"

Me: "Was a little busy pal, in that 3 on 1, with a pilot wound."

"What the flip did you say?" No, I don't flippin care! For flips sake! Flip off!"
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 04:37:06 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
Pretty sure no conversations about sex could have shocked me at 14...

There were a few things that shocked me after 14...but I won't go there...:D