Author Topic: Bombing  (Read 578 times)

Offline ColTibbets

• Zinc Member
Bombing
« on: May 20, 2007, 07:50:48 AM »
I went into the onlinbe trianing Bombing zone took of in my A-6 with 2 1000lb bombs and flew to the nearest port from the carrier. I had the green cross hair lined up in my gun site at 3,500 to 4,000 feet of altitiude and dropped a 1k bomb on the ship in port. I then lined up what looked like a small hanger and did the same. I heard the bomb drop and I heard an explosion but when I looked back I saw no bomb damage, craiter , fire or otherwise? I also tried it off line and again there was not visible sign of an impact point of the bomb? How does one learn how to bombs targets if they dont explode when they are hit?

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
Bombing
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 08:06:04 AM »
I'm not sure about the boats in the port but for the hangar u tried it's because u probably did not put enough bombs on the hangar. U need 3000lbs of bombs per hangar to destroy them. If you would try to bomb something that needs less bombs you would see them explode. I found the easiest thing to bomb when u start is to bomb the towns. A building needs only 250lbs of ordnance and when u get good at precision bombing specific buildings then u could start to pinpoint hangars and radar towers and other smaller stuff. :)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Bombing
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 08:17:15 AM »
Lethality and damage are turned way way low in the TA for training. Makes it so fighters can stay alive long enough to learn. But makes bombing practise harder.

Try loading the same terrain offline or create a 8 player host for bombing practise. Damage will default to the same as the main, letting you see what you killed much easier.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Bombing
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 08:25:34 AM »
The Duelling Arena also has damage on and a few bombing ranges to practice with.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline ColTibbets

• Zinc Member
Bombing
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:36 AM »
Thank you, Is there anywhere that I can an istruction booklet on Bombing? In addition I assume the cross hairs are only available in training or can I have them in real battle?

Offline byheck

• Zinc Member
Bombing
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:18:30 AM »
A Starting point for Bombing (as well as Fighters, Jabo, etc.) = NetAces.org
http://www.netaces.org/ahmain/siteframe.html#title
"By Heck"

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Bombing
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 01:14:10 PM »
You assume correctly.

The green cross hair (impact point) is only available in the Training Arena.

If it was available everywhere, nobody would ever miss!
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Bombing
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »
Hey,

Okay, what kind of bombing are you interested? Jabo (Jagdbomber: Fighter-Bombers), Low-Altitude bombing or High Altitude Precision Bombing? Im not expert, but im quite skilled with bombers, calibration, and basically hitting my target. I play AH virtually every day, drop me a PM, and we can schedule a little training session. Ill teach you everything I can, and youll be hitting pickely barrels from 30,000 feet in no time!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Bombing
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 04:45:58 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz

If it was available everywhere, nobody would ever miss!

I bet I still would. lol
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Bombing
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 09:28:10 AM »
If you don't see a bomb crater it means you hit the target.  If the target didn't go down it means you didn't put enough ordinance on it.

The only time you'll see a bomb crater is when you miss.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.