Author Topic: "Cable pullers"  (Read 3398 times)

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 08:06:54 PM »
I was under the impression that someone warping when you saddle up and fire was more likely to be an indication that YOUR machine couldn't handle the pain of increased information at that point?

the final stage of implementing high detail and tracer rounds (if you have em enabled) plus computing where those rounds hit and the damage they cause.

oh plus the bang bang sounds :D

tho i imagine i warp like an epileptic chihuahua on crack while im loosing udp:lol (happens once per evening ,,usually after several hours of play but does not usually result in a disco)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 08:17:28 PM »
Ive never seen stuff other than warps. Most likely from a bad connection. Maybe I dont know enough about the internet and how its connected, but I would think any disconnect however temporary would boot you out.

~AoM~

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 08:44:02 PM »
my 'rhoids are getting INflamed
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
whatever.....
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 01:48:10 AM »

sometimes, it all just seems that these things happen at just the right time for the enemy and the wrong time for you....and when they warp from ur nose to your tail and begin shooting the second they stop warping....well.....im not convinced.

not that it matters so long as aircraft are free and in never ending supply.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline hoovers

• Zinc Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 01:49:53 AM »
Alot of guys with weak computers or dial up fly bombers because it is not as demanding on computer and connect.  

:cool:

Hoovers

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 01:50:39 AM »
i agree bat
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 02:05:57 AM »
I have fought Bats con
:(
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 02:19:37 AM »
I have seen alot of people warp only when you get on thier six, and say they're using satellite. Seems alot of satellite player only warp when you try to shoot them, but have the best connection when they get on you.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 02:28:57 AM »
Great animation, Bat.  I've seen similar stuff online.

I saved the .gif to my hard drive in case it mysteriously disappears.  :rolleyes:
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 04:29:28 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
... but I would think any disconnect however temporary would boot you out.

No, it has to be a disconnection of some seconds... I'm connecting through a wireless lan, now, and I had to get used to the horrible "Lost UDP, switching to TCP" host message.... if the loss of connection is brief, the game can handle it and I don't get discoed (after some second I see messages start arriving again in radio buffer), if it's longer, I'll keep flying for some time, then I see everyone around disappears and then I got discoed! I hate it.... :P

Bat, I agree, too.

Couldn't you just post the .ahf, you room consuming, dweeb!??
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 04:48:37 AM »
nah, didnt want to 'name names' which is unavoidable with the .ahf

the person in question claims to just have a bad connection, but its amzing how and when that connection gets 'bad'. i have witnessed this guy doing this exact same move with the 'from-my-nose-to-my-tail-warp-instant-shooting-right-after' on at least 4 occasions.
In fact, i have never fought the guy and not seen him warp just as im on his six, but he never ever warps on my tail.

sure people have explained why this could happen, but i just dont buy it.

:rolleyes:

but hey, as i said, who cares. these tards will lose interest in the game after a few months....wannabe types always do.

lets have fun and ignore it, most people are decent enough.

:)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 04:52:40 AM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 06:52:50 AM »
Well said, Bat! :aok
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2007, 07:05:05 AM »
Sometimes when I forget the minimal power management on in XP and start the game AH gets really jerky at some point and the planes around me sometimes warp really bad. It crossed my mind that maybe my movement looks jerky to them too? I can switch the power mode on the run but it takes 10-20 seconds before the connection stabilizes.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Windoze...
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 01:09:43 PM »
I had this problem big time on my stock Dell Dimension 3000.  One of the trainer guys typed for me to disconnect and relog in as he said I was all over the place warping.  Well, I didn't know who he was and basically said (in buffer text) to blow it out his ear.   I've come across some people in here that for their $15 per month like to try to play BS with me, and tell me how I should play the game (to benefit themselves).   I typed back to please explain, but I got no response.  

Dropping my firewall seemed to help some as to less plane warping.  Dropping my antivirus did not.  The larger ping numbers would result in more of a problem.  For me it always would be worse as numbers of planes increased and the addition of mutiple tracer rounds, especially in zoom.  Turning off tracers also hepled, a little.  

Since, I got me a $140 graphics card upgrade and things don't warp as bad.

Prior to coming here I upped my ram from 250 meg to a gig of matched pair 512 sticks.  Would be better to get 2 gig of matched 1 gig sticks, but I'll just get a better PC one of these days.  I'm on DSL.  

Other note, I hang out to the geek forums for XP.  Somebody suggested Windows needs to be re-logged every 4 hours or so as it bogs down.  I don't know if this is the issue or not.

If fathers are going to help their kids cheating doing soapbox derby, there will be cheaters everywhere.

Daubie

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »
Great animation Bat. Ive never seen that thankfully.

~AoM~