Author Topic: "Cable pullers"  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2007, 04:45:50 AM »
Originally posted by PK1Mw
How often are you focused on 1 plane to see if he's warping or not, unless your are on their 6?

... Whenever he's on mine, or trying to get there.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2007, 06:04:05 AM »
There is no such thing as cable pulling.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2007, 06:52:49 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus There is no such thing as cable pulling.

Ask FireHwk if he "hit the standby button".    Pieper sent me a film of him talking on vox, and on film showed FireHwk less than a 100 yards from the spawn point.    You pan around and there isn't an icon, or a GV in sight.    He was caught and "punted".    Ask HTC themselves "if hitting the standby button on the modem does anything?", you'll soon realize that while it doesn't happen often, it is a potential issue.    

Morpheus, unfortunately some DO do this because they "have to do whatever it takes" to get an advantage.    Folks like FireHwk are tools, and really show off that fact, especially when caught.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 10:18:28 AM »
what a sad life one must lead to feel this need!
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 11:38:02 AM »
Originally posted by Vadjan-Sama
I hope that you have proofs of it and not only you speak to speak, because if it is not the case I recommend close the mouth your lil woosshh pony driver.

What do I need to prove?  Even w/ your antics you are no threat to me, just a little harder to hit than others.  One merely has to wait for your plane to reappear then you are just a little harder to shoot down than a c47 drone.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:43:50 AM by SteveBailey »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 12:34:05 PM »
Well, since the thread has not been locked yet, I assume its ok to talk about the subject.

HT, can I get your permission to explain how it is done?  Im dired of ignorant experts arguing about things they don't know nor understant.

If not I'll keep my mouth shut and wont post in this or simillar threads again

Thank you
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2007, 12:52:52 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
There is no such thing as cable pulling.

why are you acting like a dumbarse?

you do understand that cable pulling is an expresion? i know ur not that stupid.

almost as if you trying to deffend something, almost like you know more than youre letting on....
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2007, 01:33:26 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Well, since the thread has not been locked yet, I assume its ok to talk about the subject.

HT, can I get your permission to explain how it is done?  Im dired of ignorant experts arguing about things they don't know nor understant.

If not I'll keep my mouth shut and wont post in this or simillar threads again

Thank you

Please don't !!!

There are enough problems with "timidness" ... no need to add that kind of crap to the pile with the tremendous influx of squeekers, cause they would be the first to take advantage of it ... else the "fight" will truely become extinct.

This post should have been squashed long ago ... for me, this topic borders on the forbidden subject of "cheat".

If I start flying around and see a discernable increase in the amount of freaky warping going on, after 5+ years here, I would consider quitting and I am sure that I would not be the only one.

If I can't feel that I am playing/flying on a level ground with everyone else ... then I am outta here.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline oldtard

• Copper Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2007, 01:40:43 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JlyRgr

I slid the connector in and out quickly. Still flying straigh an level.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The smoothing code would most likely negate your testing when dealing with an AC thats flying straight and level at a constant speed. Just FYI this is a very touchy subject for HTC and you are playing with fire by posting stuff like this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This maybe a touchy subject but why would HTC get mad about disussing it if they dont know whats going on they cant fix it.
I dont belive half the crap thats going on is lag related,I belive theres people cheating and they need to be caught.
I have been playing FPS (first person shooters for years online and role playing games) and i know lag when i see it for those thats never played FPS before let me explain what lag is,WHEN YOU FIRE YOUR GUN AT A WINDOW AND IT TAKES A FEW SECONDS FOR THE WINDOW TO BREAK THEN THATS LAG.
Now I could be wrong here but let me give a couple of examples of what i dont belive is lag.
190 pilot does 6 turns using a sliceback manuver and gains alt and maintains 300MPH in a dog fight with a spit then something is not right(but then again i am a crappy pilot).
When a p51 pilot merges with you and you pull a high yo-yo chop throttle and kick in alittle rudder you look up and hes already turned and is within a few hundred feet from and firing THATS NOT LAG
I would guess that about 98% of AH players playing fairly sad thing is that 1 or 2% players not playing fairley make us question everything

OLD42
~THE UNFORGIVIN~

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »
Originally posted by oldtard
quote:
Originally posted by JlyRgr

I slid the connector in and out quickly. Still flying straigh an level.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The smoothing code would most likely negate your testing when dealing with an AC thats flying straight and level at a constant speed. Just FYI this is a very touchy subject for HTC and you are playing with fire by posting stuff like this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This maybe a touchy subject but why would HTC get mad about disussing it if they dont know whats going on they cant fix it.
I dont belive half the crap thats going on is lag related,I belive theres people cheating and they need to be caught.
I have been playing FPS (first person shooters for years online and role playing games) and i know lag when i see it for those thats never played FPS before let me explain what lag is,WHEN YOU FIRE YOUR GUN AT A WINDOW AND IT TAKES A FEW SECONDS FOR THE WINDOW TO BREAK THEN THATS LAG.
Now I could be wrong here but let me give a couple of examples of what i dont belive is lag.
190 pilot does 6 turns using a sliceback manuver and gains alt and maintains 300MPH in a dog fight with a spit then something is not right(but then again i am a crappy pilot).
When a p51 pilot merges with you and you pull a high yo-yo chop throttle and kick in alittle rudder you look up and hes already turned and is within a few hundred feet from and firing THATS NOT LAG
I would guess that about 98% of AH players playing fairly sad thing is that 1 or 2% players not playing fairley make us question everything

OLD42
~THE UNFORGIVIN~

Learn how to use the quote function, it's hard to read who wrote what when its jumbled up like that.

Secondly, if I recall correctly you're relatively new here. You're years of FPS and perception of lag there does not necessarily reflect the same here. HTC takes the C word, and cable pulling/standby etc. very seriously.

They are well aware of it, and I agree that this thread should have died a long time ago.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »
oldtard - "I would guess that about 98% of AH players playing fairly sad thing is that 1 or 2% players not playing fairley make us question everything"

for me, that is the best thing anyone here has posted. like estes i kinda could get the rest of it so i read the bottom first. :)

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »
in every thing there will be "cheaters" people who can only get by with extra help, ive seen it  in  the MA but not enough to be overly concerned.
     in around 4 years only once did i get on someones 6 and have them disapear to reappear on my 6, it was crazy, but he still couldnt kill me:D

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
What do I need to prove?  Even w/ your antics you are no threat to me, just a little harder to hit than others.  One merely has to wait for your plane to reappear then you are just a little harder to shoot down than a c47 drone.

If u call me a cable puller u r calling me a cheater so do it with something that prove that, thats what im talking, im not going to talk to skill or tactics with a lil guy like u.

Be smart sometimes... well is not u but try it.
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2007, 03:08:36 PM »
:huh
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2007, 03:15:54 PM »
standby is the reason i refuse to play halo or halo 2 anymore and its probably a really good reason to not even bother with the third.

I'm sure i've seen it, but at least with this game most people who try it are too crappy to take advantage of it.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace