Author Topic: "Cable pullers"  (Read 3402 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2007, 03:32:53 PM »
where there's a will there's a way.......
Rules are meant to be broken....

unfortunately both of these statements seem to go hand in hand today!

I've left several fun games because other player couldn't or wouldn't play fair.

Fortunately in this game the only thing that happens is I get a new plane,no waiting for the next spawn time.:aok

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2007, 03:34:18 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Please don't !!!

:rofl  Comon now.  What are the chanses HT would give the ok? lol.  I m just hoping for a lock :furious
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
:rofl  Comon now.  What are the chanses HT would give the ok? lol.  I m just hoping for a lock :furious

I know ... it was a good segway for me tho.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2007, 03:52:26 PM »
imo it shold be acceptable to discuss this topic respectfully. refraining from anyone making it personal is a good way to vent an opinon or to constructively oppose two opinions. i also know its not our forum and we all must accept whatever standpoint is taken.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2007, 03:59:02 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
imo it shold be acceptable to discuss this topic respectfully. refraining from anyone making it personal is a good way to vent an opinon or to constructively oppose two opinions. i also know its not our forum and we all must accept whatever standpoint is taken.

I love to pull the cable - its a matter of perfect timing... but sometimes I just cant get i right... then I have to bring my Corsair around that carrier and try for second landing :lol
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2007, 05:03:38 PM »
why are you acting like a dumbarse?

you do understand that cable pulling is an expresion? i know ur not that stupid.

almost as if you trying to deffend something, almost like you know more than youre letting on....

LOL yes, I live in a world of cable pullers, all of the BK's are cable pullers. We pull cables even when there are no cables to be pulled. I pull mine in my sleep, at breakfast, lunch and dinner... Sometimes in between.

Now that all of that is out in the open... Maybe, just maybe you can sleep a little better at night.

Aparently you missed the point I made... Since you asked for a point.

My point, within the point I last made... The one you were pointing out...

Play the friggin game and stop worrying about wth everyone else is doing. If u see some ufo crap going on and it looks odd, call up big daddy aka skuzzy and report them. Stop wasting your time talking about a freaking subject that has been talked about for 10 years already.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »
Originally posted by Vadjan-Sama
If u call me a cable puller u r calling me a cheater so do it with something that prove that,

No.  I don't have to, nor do I feel like expending the energy to dig up a film.
I know you're guilty and will get caught... it's good enough for me.

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2007, 12:11:25 AM »
I started a thread once asking....."when can you tell someone is cheating?" or something like that....it got locked

I merely wanted to ask when the visuals on the screen should raise my interest as to the diference between what is a system warp and if it's possible, an intentional warp.  when do I hit Alt R and report it? What is the signature that I can notice that someone is (if it's possible) is "yanking the cable"?

I don't want to waste HTC's time with frivolous accusations about cheating: nobody will admit that it can be done. but yet, I want to nab these slimy weasels that have found out how to do it.

I don't want to do it myself, in no way shape or form. I don't want to know how to do it. I don't want to know the methods.

But...

I would like to know what occurs on screen that will make me suspect that it is happenning(if that is possible). what should alert me to hit alt R and report it?

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2007, 12:42:49 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
im so stupid i cant even understand simple prefixes.

by your own admision you are the only one wasting your time.
most of us enjoy this discusion

;)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2007, 01:08:39 AM »
Anyone who can type can do a search for 'lag switch' and different other fps type of 'advantages'.

I'm quite confident they don't work here, but to blindly assume people haven't found other ways to abuse the way the AH client works and figure out a way to adjust things in their favor is just...well...odd.
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2007, 03:29:29 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
No.  I don't have to, nor do I feel like expending the energy to dig up a film.
I know you're guilty and will get caught... it's good enough for me.

Well until then I am going to recommend you to STU, I've played this game for years and of all the players who I have faced here you are first one calling me like that if you are going to say something do it with witnesses, films… don't know something real to prove it, not only your “knowledge”.

With this I said everything what I had to say, subject closed for my.
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2007, 10:27:08 AM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
Please refer to this ongoing discussion found here .

Most incident of "cable pulling" are actually just bad connections or client machines that have their resources stretched.  Cable pulling or ping throttling probably does happen, but most of what you see is connection/client machine related.

Poor connections.  Connections that are overtaxed with automatic downloads, external attacks on them, IM programs, BitTorrent, and so forth sharing the network pipe with the game.  Also can be caused by weak systems, or client side systems that have their resources taken up by threads running in the background, spyware, little available memory, weak graphics cards that are overwhelmed, heavy disk caching, and so forth.

The most common I've seen in the plane that warps when fired upon.  Tracking the bullet or tracer fire seems to suddenly put a load of the other guy's client machine, and zooooom.  Warp drive Mr. Sulu.  

All part of online gaming, and we're stuck with it until the world moves to Internet-II, everyone is on broadband, and people keep their client machines fairly well maintained.

you say connection problems  and in a perfect world i'd love to agree.

But i always scratch my head when they dont warp when on someone else's six but whenever they get in truoble it starts.....

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2007, 12:14:49 PM »
Originally posted by Vadjan-Sama
If u call me a cable puller u r calling me a cheater so do it with something that prove that, thats what im talking, im not going to talk to skill or tactics with a lil guy like you

Be smart sometimes... well is not u but try it.

You gonna let him talk about you like that Stevo?? :lol

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »
by your own admision you are the only one wasting your time.
most of us enjoy this discusion

;)

Ohh, very clever, did your clown costume wearing pre-teen girlfriend think of that one for you?

Over here on this rock, we dont date things like that, we lock em up and throw away the key.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
"Cable pullers"
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2007, 03:45:20 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Ohh, very clever, did your clown costume wearing pre-teen girlfriend think of that one for you?

Over here on this rock, we dont date things like that, we lock em up and throw away the key.

Wow, Morph...

What's up with the personal attacks?  Woudn't it be better to squash that and discuss issues like mature adults?  Sorry man, just read that and was like "oh, wow..."  Anything that in r/l would earn a punch in the nose from someone is over the edge.
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix