Author Topic: X52  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
X52
« on: May 26, 2007, 10:24:44 AM »
Hello all, just a quickie

Looking to buy a saitek X 52 but £100 out of my range currently,
anyone know anywhere with a good deal on price in the UK?

yes i know i should be browsing through the web but i dont just have the time currently.

cheers,
hul367th

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
X52
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 11:15:36 AM »
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
X52
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 11:35:47 AM »
You can also check Ebay for Dano's online. He is Dano from AH. He has good prices. If you are gonna get the 52 you should spend the extra money and get the pro. The pro fixed alot of the problems they've had with the 52. Same problems that have me on my 3rd in 2 years.
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
X52
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 12:33:57 PM »
Originally posted by Gary26
You can also check Ebay for Dano's online. He is Dano from AH. He has good prices. If you are gonna get the 52 you should spend the extra money and get the pro. The pro fixed alot of the problems they've had with the 52. Same problems that have me on my 3rd in 2 years.

Just curious Gary, what problems was the X52 having so I can keep an eye for them?  I have had mine going on 2 years and nothing so far.  Next one will be the Pro though as I like the Saitek and would be sleeping on the couch for the next 40 years if my wife caught me buying CH stuff... :noid
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
X52
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 01:11:27 PM »
Originally posted by Gary26

You are correct. I use the X52 pro. Much better stick. Worth the extra money.

-Sp0t

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 01:32:32 PM »
Ive had the X-52 for some time now.Never had a problem.

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
X52
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 01:46:23 PM »
X52 - great design, truely crappy manufacturing.  I'm on my 7th stick in two years, which means I love the layout and the stick, when it's working.

First stick lasted 10 months, two subsequent sticks were porked right out of the box and returned.  The remaining four have lasted between 2-4 months before becoming unplayable.

Right now waiting for a replacement stick from Saitek (I have three sticks usually in one in each stage of rotation: in use, sent to Saitek, or being replaced and returned by Saitek).  Current stick is two months old and won't hold calibration anymore.  Have to re-calibrate every two minutes or so while flying.
Maybe, I'll have to buy the X52 Pro and put that into rotation.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
X52
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 03:43:05 PM »
hoping to get the pro if i can get something around £50-£75 mark

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
X52
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 03:48:35 PM »
CH sticks rule the roost!!!!    :)
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 04:06:17 PM »
Originally posted by BBBB
You are correct. I use the X52 pro. Much better stick. Worth the extra money.

-Sp0t

Was looking at the Pro whats so much better about it then the X52?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
X52
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 04:11:53 PM »
I ended up ditching the X52 and going back to the X45 series.  Much beefier actioin and doesn't feel so fragile.

Haven't tried the Pro yet; that may be my next option.  My first Saitek system (X36?) lasted me 6 years; this one's going strong after 2 years!  Just put a touch of lithium grease from time to time on the rubber at the bottom of the stick to keep it loose.
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
X52
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 04:21:32 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Was looking at the Pro whats so much better about it then the X52?

It uses hall sensors in the X and Y instead of potentiometers. been looking at those myself.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 02:48:13 AM »
The X52 has problems with spiking over time. The Slider and X/Y/Z axis all have that issue on my stick, but it's still livable. The twist is the worst, then the slider. The roll/pitch just have bumpy spikes throughout a certain range and I don't use that area of deflection that often.

Most the guys that are complaining about them being fragile are those who are used to the Microsoft Sidewinder and such other old tanks. You could beat those to hell with no trouble, but you have to treat the X52 as an electronic, not a toy.

For those of you that have small spiking problems, go into the Game Controllers node in Control Panel. You can adjust deadbands for each axis there.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
X52
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 02:53:23 AM »
I think kazaa has an x52 that he doesnt use because he prefers his track n ball mouse.....
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
X52
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 04:05:03 AM »
had an X52 since  they came out. It went back to have the X/Y range adjusted since then it has run without problem. I have the twisty locked.

Any feedback from X52pro users re any discernable difference?
Ludere Vincere