Author Topic: OK this multi-arena crap has gotta go  (Read 17044 times)

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
OK this multi-arena crap has gotta go
« Reply #345 on: June 09, 2007, 05:53:13 PM »
I'm aiming at Stegahorse Bullseye but purposly missing to hit him upside his head:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #346 on: June 09, 2007, 06:29:42 PM »
Originally posted by Stegahorse
Not the point.:huh
If you want something, negotiate.
If you want something of value, offer something of value!
Be fair!
How long has Aces High been $14.95/month?
Would you stay that long at your job without a raise?

Dale gets a raise every time his subscriber base increases.
Use your nogging, ya numpty.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2007, 01:55:17 AM »
Stegahorse, are you out of your mind? I don't know where to begin with you because everything I'm thinking about you right now will get me pinged you imbecile :furious
Lighten up Francis

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2007, 03:02:49 AM »
Originally posted by Stegahorse
Not the point.:huh
If you want something, negotiate.
If you want something of value, offer something of value!
Be fair!
How long has Aces High been $14.95/month?
Would you stay that long at your job without a raise?

It's time to put up or walk!
Look at all the posts you all have made and not offered any gratuity.
Would you get away with that at a nice restaurant?
Would you be welcomed back to that restaurant, or would the service get any better for your complaining?

You want something, HTC is a business. It follows that offering more money monthly would be an incentive to them.

(Dale, is $5 more a month enough to get deadlier guns, or a 5% reduction on the drag co-effient on my plane enough? 10?):rofl

How about $5 a month for squad priveledges in arenas?
Really though, what DO you want, what is it really worth to you?

Think about it.

This may be one of the worst arguments I've ever seen and your examples have no relevence to the situation.

In most businesses the market drives the pricing and it can do so in two ways; through competition or through volume/price considerations.

The first is largely out of the control of the business itself.  If they price beyond similar competitors then people will migrate to the other competitors.  The second is fully in the businesses control.  They can choose to raise the price until an optimum point just before the loss of customers offsets the increased revenue per customer plus the resulting decrease in operating expenses associated with fewer customers to deal with.

The unknown is how many potential customers you lose as a result of price point, although this can be test marketed.

As mentioned above, HTC gets a "raise" everytime a new subscriber joins,  therefore that argument isn't relevent.

As to gratuities, this isn't the type of service industry in which tips are customary.  Let me ask you, when's the last time YOU tipped a subscription service provider?  I thought so.

I think we all agree that HTC is a business.  As a business I think they do a wonderful job in allowing their customers to complain, to thank, and to suggest improvements.  I would think that they would be grateful to their avid customer base for their suggestions to improve thier product and hopefully gain more new subscribers.

We are an unpaid focus group.  Do you know how much it costs to put a focus group together?  We are unpaid testers.  Can you imagine how long it would take the HTC staff to uncover all the bugs we do?  We are an unpaid think-tank.  I was raised to believe that two minds were better than one.  How many do we have here?  And not only that, we are not only unpaid, we PAY for the priveledge.

Now go tip your waitress and let us get back to the matters at hand.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2007, 08:39:12 AM »
what abouta  protest demonstration for return of MA  ,in front of HTC building?!
  I have some budies  Green Peace vets lossers, but experts in stirring up the crowds,and  molotov cocktails, Also Cindy Sheehan lives close to Grapewine ,she may join us for a vacation, must be tired of loitering Bush's ranch,
We may bait some ilegals amigos, that habla englese worst than myself and tell them the protest is for "bring back MA",and MA stands for "Mexican America", we promise them imigration reforms and green card,
 Maybe CNN comes with Lou Dobbs, and everybody forgets Paris Hilton prison escape and get focused on HTC,
  next day everybody wins ! HTC stocks climbs skyroket, no more ENy and low caps,1000s of curious eassy killz vulchees  noobs would join the game
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 09:19:02 AM by ghi »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #350 on: June 10, 2007, 10:05:22 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl Getter done!:rofl :rofl :rofl
Lighten up Francis

Offline Stegahorse

• Copper Member
« Reply #351 on: June 10, 2007, 12:34:57 PM »
You have demonstated you propensity for whining. When it comes to a way to get things, you continue to whine.

Why not offer a solution instead?
Cut a deal?
Think of the greater good?
Offer something of value:confused:

Advice freely given is free to ignore.
Greivance freely given is also free to ignore.

I'm offerring HTC a pitance, really, but is something of value to both of us.
I thought I was important until I got Cancer and had to go to a cancer clinic.

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
Fix
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2007, 03:55:11 PM »
Every time they try to fix it, It just gets worse.
JT

Offline ForrestS

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/link850
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2007, 07:02:34 PM »
GHI I REMEMBER YOU IN MY SQEAKER DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Just wanted to say hi. :D

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2007, 07:27:55 PM »
Originally posted by ForrestS
GHI I REMEMBER YOU IN MY SQEAKER DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Yeasrerday?

Bronk
See Rule #4

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2007, 08:40:10 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Yesterday?

Bronk

LOL!!!! was thinking the same thing !

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2007, 02:50:23 AM »
:confused: what was this thread about?
Lighten up Francis

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2007, 05:47:07 AM »
Here is a system I think would work.

Points based rank system only, the higher your points, the higher your rank.

Let me elaborate, think of it as simply ENY.

A kill earns u points, depending on the rank of who u kill is how many you u earn and vise versa to how many u LOSE if u are killed.

Almost like a Chess rating. and make a SET amount of points for landing, ditches, captures, not a PERCENTAGE, like say u get 50 points for land, 25 for bail, 10 for capture, and none for death,but u still get your kill points for the sortie, just no bonus points.

This system can be used in all modes for player KILLS.

BOMBING, ATTACK, GVs can have a second scoring system added for TOTAL DAMAGE POINTS,and the 2 combined scores would equal the whole score for each catagory.

So instead of having 6 different ways to score in each catagory, u limit to just 1 OR 2.

CV control should stay the same, there is no real solution to that.

AND DO AWAY WITH ALL ARENAS BUT 1 LATE WAR, and anyone that is not in a squad when they log in should automaticly go to the country with least people. and knowone should be allowed to go to switch to a side that has the post people in the arena if they are not already on that side.

Short of this I would have to say NO SCORE AT ALL. and 1 ARENA, and CVs are assigned by first come first serve.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2007, 07:50:56 AM »
AND DO AWAY WITH ALL ARENAS BUT 1 LATE WAR, and anyone that is not in a squad when they log in should automaticly go to the country with least people.

First ... stay away from the EW/MW arenas ... those of us that enjoy those arenas would like you and the LW Boyz to keep your suggestions focused on LW only. EW/MW are in no way connected to this ongoing LW arena whinefest. Eliminating EW/MW and forcing the people who like to fly in those arenas into the LW arena will not solve your problems.

Second ... So I guess those that fly lonewolf have to pick up the slack that those who are in squads won't do ? Sounds real fair to me. Also, did you know that you can have a squad of 1 ... so in theory ... that idea won't fly.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2007, 09:20:17 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Here's a thought.

Separate scores for the EW, MW, LWB and LWO arenas.

Overall ranking is your combined score for all arenas.

Short example, if you wanted to be the AH mostest bestest highest ranked fighter pilot, you would have to compete in all four arenas and do well. Same for bomber pilot, etc.

Muahahhahahahahahah!

And what if you don't like going to the EW or MW arenas? That would be forcing people to fly in them. I don't pay to accomadate HTC, I pay to have HTC accomadate me just like anything else I would pay for.

That's like saying you can use my product but I'm going to force you to fly planes or drive GV's that you don't care for. Who the heck would want that?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:23:28 AM by 68Ripper »
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station