Author Topic: Duke  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Duke
« on: May 31, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »
Ill be reporting your abuse of the CM privileges. I said nothing wrong to get muted for 60mins. Its sad they let someone like you mute someone for something like this. Just becuase I say something that you dont like doesnt give you the right to mute me. Let it be known that what he and I wrote were entered within less the a second of each other. Muting some one is for when they are out of line. What did I say that was outa line?

Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Duke
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 10:21:58 PM »
TK, no side picking here, but you did get a warning. It is right there in your screen shot...........

just let it go, nothing good to come of this

edit: it should also be known, that sometimes when a player gets muted, the one doing the muting might be unaware of muting for a default time of 60 minutes.......I think this mostly happens when an arena is reset and the default time reverts back to 60 minutes......someone can correct me or will if I am wrong please.......
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:44:46 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Duke
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:35:05 PM »
First, with Okllok it is always HOing time, so your question was silly. ;)

(Not that there is anything wrong with it, just an observation about his style.)

Second, as an impartial observer, it sure looks like you told Duke to shut up, even though he was in the blue text.  In his position, I would have muted you too.

In fact, it took me several re-reads to really determine whether you were directing the "shut up" at Duke or at Bug.  I will take you at your word that you were already typing to Bug when the blue text flashed -- but Duke may not have seen it that way.  

Or, he may have known it wasn't at him, but since you offerred up a second line after you clearly should have seen the warning, muted you anyway for not heeding it.

Either way, I don't see how any non-involved party could see "abuse of CM powers" here.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

storch

Duke
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:52:43 PM »
no 1Duke1 is just that way.  he will consistently mute members of JG54 regardless of who may start and how many participants are active in a purse fight.

TK just kill him a few times and he whines then logs off.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Duke
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
I type fast I looked up while typing can saw nothing about geting muted. Hit enter, / type again, enter look up and I was muted. Most people bash me for my misspelled words. I know how to spell its because I type so fast my keyboard cant keep up with me.:aok

I was replying to bug about him reporting me. He has been mad about me telling skuzzy that he was calling me punk and trolling alot of treads.

I was about two words away from the first line when I looked up to see if I was cut off yet. When I say my two lines and dukes were within one second of each other I really mean it. Theres no way he could have thought I was talking to him. I didnt even say that Bug was trolling and trying to make me lash out at him for awhile. Everything I said he had a nice little rude comment he had to put in. Most of them ending with "TrueSqueal".
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Duke
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 11:06:31 PM »
I arrived later. Okllok was still hoing. Someone else was complaining. Bugger was tweaking the guy who was complaining. Duke was typing in blue. Complainer logged. Bugger wtg'd Okllok for getting someone to log.

Thing is it was all so boring, unoriginal, and devoid of humor.

(Sigh)...I miss Storch
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Duke
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 11:07:20 PM »
I have no doubt you two were at each others throats, likely for a considerable time.

I also have no doubt that if he had been the one to respond as you did, he would have been the one muted.

So, again, from the outside, there does not appear to be any favoritism or abuse here.  

Sorry, friend, but this will be a losing battle for you if you choose to continue it.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Duke
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 11:16:25 PM »
I'll most likly get PNGed for the fist post so it really doesnt matter. That was the only tiem that night that I went off like that. Which is more then I could say about Bug. He talks smack to try to get you to leave then calls you "trash" when you say something back. I HOed ONCE tonight when there were about SIX enemys buzing down on me and for the rest of the night bug was saying I was HOing. okllok and I were alone he just went right for it. As I said before from the point bug came into the AvA tonight he was trolling trying to get me to say something. I told him to goto the TA, to shut up and I called him a noob. NONE of those should get you muted.

That screenshot shows all that I said after "lashing out" at him.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Duke
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 01:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by KONG1
I arrived later. Okllok was still hoing. Someone else was complaining. Bugger was tweaking the guy who was complaining. Duke was typing in blue. Complainer logged. Bugger wtg'd Okllok for getting someone to log.

Thing is it was all so boring, unoriginal, and devoid of humor.

(Sigh)...I miss Storch

And they blame storch for making people not want to go into the AvA. Atlease storch backs up his words with bullets. All bug does is talk crap and die. Only Kills he has EVER got on me were gangs and picks. 1v1 bug is the easiest person Iv ever shot down.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Duke
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 06:23:03 AM »
no biting or scratching girls ...

seriously, get over yourselves - all of you - you sound like little girls and posting this crap does nothing positive for the arena.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline trukjr

• Copper Member
      • http://http://home.alltel.net/hensons/public_html/main.html
Duke
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 06:31:20 AM »
TK, Fly more, type less & no worries of being muted again :aok

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Duke
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 07:45:08 AM »
Just an opinion here but I've always found it best in the online world to take personal animus towards anyone to the private message area.  From a psychological standpoint when somebody, for lack of a better phrase, 'calls out' someone else in front of their peers it is human nature to retort in kind.  Generally this denegrates into a name calling purse fight that nobody 'wins'.  

I've got no dog in this fight as I think equally well of Truekill and The Bug.  

A suggestion would be for Truekill and Bug to take it to pm's and work out the differences if possible.

As has been observed the public displays of animus do nothing positive for the arena which I think has been showing some really good indications of growing into something we can all be proud of and happy to be a part of.

Lastly... I miss Storch too.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Duke
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 08:23:11 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
no biting or scratching girls ...

seriously, get over yourselves - all of you - you sound like little girls and posting this crap does nothing positive for the arena.

Heh.  As always, a good point is made by Eagler.

I wasn't there last night (daughter has been home from college this week, and, much as I enjoy flying with you weenies, you don't win THAT competition).  Nevertheless, may I please take this convenient opportunity to make a few points?

First:  TK, while I appreciate that you think you were treated unfairly, keep it in perspective.  The worst that happened was that you couldn't talk publicly for an hour.

Second:  I think (I'm not SURE, but I THINK) that you guys left junior high school behind some time ago.  We have observed, over a period of years now, that there is a very small handful of people that gets into this kind of buffer-clogging, eye-scratching, earring-pulling purse fighting.  You know who you are, and WE know who you are.  No one likes to read this stuff.  No one who reads it thinks you're more manly.  It is irritating and unpleasant, and those who insist on engaging in trash talking - and, as I said, you aren't alone here - are being selfish.

Third:  There is an unspoken, but increasingly strong sentiment among the staff that our patience for this has become very limited.  Very limited.  We've had too many people tell us, publicly and privately, over a span of YEARS, that they avoid the AvA because of this kind of bickering, which assumes a disproportionate prominence because our numbers are comparatively so small.  It is easy to sympathize with these people.  It is not easy to sympathize with people who are being disruptive.

So:  I encourage everyone to please just stuff a sock in it.  You're going to find people who hover above the fight, dive to take the pick or the HO, run to ack, run to friends, and do other things that you might justly consider to be unsportsmanlike.  When this happens, yell at your dog, or at your pet hamster, whatever works, but please keep it to yourself.

- oldman

storch

Duke
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 09:44:16 AM »
yes eagler has a good point it's at the top of his head.  this works well for two reasons
1. it makes it easier to peer through a keyhole with both eyes simultaneously
2. he's useful for sewing popped shirt buttons when I get all chest puffy

I like eagler he's a useful member

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Duke
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 10:02:34 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Heh.  As always, a good point is made by Eagler.

I would say that Eagler called names "little girls" and refered to other people's free expression of thought as "crap". What you refer to as a "good point" is actually just more of the same.

Your judgment is subjective not objective.

200 is a optional channel where .squelch TK and .squelch Bugger works fine. There should be a well defined set of rules against profanity and racial/ethnic/religous slurs, and that's all. That stuff irritates me too, but I shouldn't have to explain why it's bad to have thought police with dictatorial powers.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks