Author Topic: Knight Rook or Bish  (Read 9178 times)

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »
Yarbles, i disagree with what squads work together ( (+) and 68th do have big #'s, but thats not it, you know). C-Hawks can have up to almost 25 people sometimes on squad nights. Also, AArch Angelz work together in mass #'s. And the only time (1pm-6pm) during the day that we catch bases is on a big (+) mission (sometimes i'll put a pretty big mission and get 10 people), but (+) is big mission maker on knights. 68th Lighting Lancers also a squad with large #'s that will put up a good fight. Also, 71st RAF will put big #'s together on some nights and do things. Dragons Of Steel is also large knight squad w/  the youngest player in top 10 that i know of:"Dextur".VMF-441 Blackjacks also has some very experinced pilots. All of these squads work together usualy AT NIGHT. All around, we are a very varied group. I agree that knights never work together during the day, but they put up a fight at night. That is all i have to say about knights.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:28:15 PM by SuBWaYCH »
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
And Weekends
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2007, 02:40:05 PM »
Thats when I love some big missions. The biggest thing I see as a deterance/deteriorating factor, is a mission that really goes over the initial base capture time. I say 15 mins. Mostly from the standpoint of the knights getting hammered from the other side. There is one day that comes to mind though. About 2 months ago

I have to bring it up, so I will. It was the round pizza map, with the vehicle spawn into an airfield on the CEnter/North East side. We had the VH. I asked on squad channel who was up for a mission.

9 Hours later we finally took the damn place. It was a SAT and the battle went from like 1 EST to 9 EST. The longest drawn out, bloody scrap Ive ever done.
Logged off about 9:30 to go out for a few, came back at 11, and seen we lost the base and the VBase beside it. Flew over to a field that had a CV off the coast. There were like 30 knights vulching, flew over the town, which was untouched, so I just had to ask on "Range" Are we even trying to take this base? There was a chuckle or two, but mostly just score padders.

I do must say that the squads on the Knights tend to work together, this does happen, but you also must remeber time of year. Its summer time baby. So Im not putting alot of emphasis on right now. Hell I put enough pressure on my own folks, They think im nutz anyway. WHich is true, But the bottom line is, I love misisons, and relaly dig em when they work, it just pains me on the follow through, which maybe in time well be there. Right now, is not the time.

Weekends though I must say are a blast and a half.

And Salute all Countries, and Squads. We all know what we need to do, its just whos going to do it is the question.:aok
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »
Dragons Of Steel is also large knight squad w/ the youngest player in top 10 that i know of:"Dextur".

That and a nickle won't get you a cup of coffee ... at a very young age, he has learned to game the game with the best of them. His rank does not reflect his skills.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Dragons Of Steel is also large knight squad w/ the youngest player in top 10 that i know of:"Dextur".

That and a nickle won't get you a cup of coffee ... at a very young age, he has learned to game the game with the best of them. His rank does not reflect his skills.

Blah blah blah blah, I'd say the same if my score was in the 400s.  Unlike you sir, I dont put down score HOs errrr pilots. Instead, i try to better my self and hopefuly some day my score will be in the 100s.  Who knows, maybe top 10?  But it is not going to happen with an attitude like yours
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2007, 03:23:45 PM »

also the youngest kid to kill his own brother:confused: .........

in AH
:noid

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2007, 03:36:18 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Blah blah blah blah, I'd say the same if my score was in the 400s.  Unlike you sir, I dont put down score HOs errrr pilots. Instead, i try to better my self and hopefuly some day my score will be in the 100s.    

Seriously?  Do you think rank is a good indicator of skills?

I play for whatever country has the fewest numbers... nits a lot lately.

I frequently find myself battling the rook horde the last couple of weeks.  It's a tough fight because on top having to fight a swarm of bad guys, there's always at least a handful of them in orbit.   Since I'm too lazy to go above 8k or so I find myself defensive most often but it's still fun and that's why I play.

Months from now it will probably be another team loaded with hordelings but for now it's da Rooks.
I must admit that killing hordelings is quite fun.  When I'm in an osti, with the horde circling overhead waiting to vulch the next noob that ups, I joyously macro "Die hordeling!" with each kill I get. It may be juvenile, but then  so am I.

Steve

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2007, 03:39:24 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey

LOL ... no Steve ... he is just bustin' my chops ... and trolling ... wiggle hard and you'll fall off that hook.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2007, 03:41:04 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
also the youngest kid to kill his own brother:confused: .........

in AH
:noid

Yup ... the 2 of them are a piece of work ... young impressionable minds led astray.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »

Steve spit out that hook.

:D

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2007, 04:22:52 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
First months in AH1 i was a rook but then went knit to join a squad and been there ever since. Now im in another knit squad but if i wasnt i could just as well be a rook. Bish is out of the question tho.... too many oWHINERSo :)

oLMAOo  :rofl

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2007, 04:50:19 PM »
LOL ... no Steve ... he is just bustin' my chops ... and trolling ... wiggle hard and you'll fall off that hook.

Nah, sorry... looks like I swallowed it.  Someone  cut me loose please.

Edit:  I thought there was a noob Ded around.... ahhh the barbs... ahhh gut hooked!

Offline leitwolf

• Nickel Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2007, 05:10:42 PM »
every chess player nows that rooks obviously are better than knights or bishops.
veni, vidi, vulchi.

Offline mutant

• Zinc Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2007, 05:24:25 PM »

I frequently find myself battling the rook horde the last couple of weeks.

Months from now it will probably be another team loaded with hordelings but for now it's da Rooks.

Steve

Unforunatly the small maps increase the frequency of hoards. Whether in large furballs or trying to run bases... 'hoarding' seems to be predominant in the late war arenas (from all 3 sides). Unfortunatly on many of the maps with lots of islands this leads to a stalemate as each 'hoard' moves quickly to furball against the other hoard and most targets (bases) are then safely out of reach.
 Sure would be nice to bring back some of the large maps so that we could spread it out a little...leading to smaller engagements where u could fight for a while without geting jumped by 20 other hoardlings...lol  
 In the meantime a well co-ordinated attack can still capture a base in short order if the timing is right. (it is kind of nice being called a hoard when capturing bases with 5-10 guys   lol )
 course gotta  do it quickly before the 'LTAR' alert goes out...lol (nits and rooks seem to have this reasonably well coordinated...if LTAR attacking:  up  a hoard lickity split  lol)

LTARcnuk

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2007, 05:32:11 PM »
Originally posted by Yarbles
snips....I have to say I have only been a knight and only been in one squadron (precision) but within Knights precision and 68 seem to be the only squadrons who actually fight as a squadron and when they do I think it is great fun to act as part of a team and work together. An endless round of duels and free for alls to me is diverting but a bit limited in the brain depertment.

I understand for some that the bases and the war etc are irrelevant in there minds but I think without them the game would dissapear in a very short time.

You sir...with all due respect....haven't a clue.

There are SEVERAL squads on the Knights that do very good work. As was listed above.

I been flying Knights for almost my entire time in AH. I flew Rooks about 6 months off and on but in the 5 years I been in AH Knights have been just about it. I have never flown Bish.

The Knights have some very well put together land grabbin squads. SO does the other 2 countries.

The Knights have some pure fighter squads. (Like the one I'm in) who could care less about grabbin land and getting perks for thier efforts at reset time. (Me for one). I make more perks flying a few sorties than I make in a reset. And , I personally enjoy a fight WAY more than Deacking...porking troops...porking ords....killing innocent buildings...and all that stuff. BUT....The squad I am in when we decide we want to capture a base WILL get it done with no help from any other squads.

Rooks have the best pure fighter jocks of the countries. Loose squads that just fight for the fight as well. THey work well, together and I die to them OFTEN. They also can steam rool a country in short oreder when they put thier minds to it and the right bunch gets hooked up and rollin.

Bish.....I have no clue what to say about the Bish other that oWHINERo and company are there and I like tickin em off.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 05:55:19 PM by RedTop »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2007, 05:36:35 PM »
Originally posted by Yarbles
Excuse me but who are you to say what it is "supposed to be" you are allowed to say what it is for you and no more.  If people want to play to win who are you to say thats not what its about.
   :mad: :furious :p :cool: ;) :) :t

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!:lol :rofl