Author Topic: Dan/ Corky or Fencer, Help required  (Read 1624 times)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Dan/ Corky or Fencer, Help required
« on: June 10, 2007, 10:04:34 AM »
Ive been looking through my limited resources (A single encyclopedia) and came across one profile, that probarbly isnt that acurate but looks cool. However I googled the information provided about it and came up with nothing whatsoever. Its a 109F, a white/ cream spinner, and a red nose. A light gray fusalage and a red rudder. Wondering if an of your resources showed up this plane. I think it would be awsome to do, and hopefully to see in the game. Ive got the information as '109F of Hpm Assi Kahn (III/JG 2, Score 31 (On profile) later 108' This is all the information Ive got, and as said, google came up with nothing. any help?
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 11:12:36 AM »
Well I have seen it before, but a quick check on the materials on my desk/credensa do not show it.  I will dig into the magazines and books.

However, using my superior google search skills and the super secret skinners subpage of Google ;) (I typed in JG2 109 ) I found the following.

JG2 109F

Note that your name is wrong.  It is Hans "Assi" Hahn.  See here for his bio..  Looks like a nice one to do, but I am partial to red nosed aircraft!

And this picture from another site.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:17:01 AM by Fencer51 »
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 05:39:45 PM »
Will it being an F-2 and not an F-4 mean it will be rejected? Thats the plane im after thanks Fencer. It was great to get a 3D shot of it, now all I need is a shot of the underside. Im interested in doing it, could be very fun, and would be a striking skin. Has anyone thought of doing it before? If so, any words would be good words. Thanks for the help Fencer
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 09:04:24 PM »
I'll check when I get home from work tonite.  Sure there are profiles of it out there.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 04:40:24 AM »
Thanks folks!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »
F-2 should be accepted as F-4. One of my skins if of an F-2 and is in-game.

I wanted to do that one, once-upon-a-time, but could only find a couple of models of it, no real references.

Good luck!

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 03:25:49 PM »
I ordered a crapload of new 109 references over the weekend.  They should be here early next week.  I will see what if anything they have for you on this bird.
Fencer

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 03:27:12 PM »
I can say there is some dissention amongst model builders about yellow markings under the chin and the color of the rudder itself. I found at least 2-3 different styles of this plane (in model form, I mean) when I was searching. I can post some of what I've found later (at work now).

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
Thanks Krusty would help a lot.I think I may go with the majority vote (Say the most common colour of the rudder). Also any underbelly shots of the bird would be awsome. At the moment Im thinking standard grey, but I may be wrong

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 04:31:45 PM »
lichtblau ("light blue"), not grey, is the most likely candidate.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 04:44:34 PM »
Thanks krusty! Much appreciated.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 07:28:42 PM »
Here's my little archive of what I found on the Internet. Basically it only exists in model kit form, which makes me think there's SOME basis for it, but that they got it WRONG. Regardless, a red cowled 109F would look cool.

My semi-educated guess on the matter is that it has a yellow rudder, partial yellow chin, and maybe yellow wingtips on the underside. The one with a red rudder also sports a red set of wingtips, and those don't seem historically accurate.

The decal scan shows no yellow wingtips, so they may or may not have been present, but often it seems they're a package deal (going along with the rudder and chin) so I can't be sure. The plane already lacks a theater band, so it breaks the mold. The question is "how much does it break the mold?"

Here's the zip file (800kb)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »
Ok, those pictures conflict with each other completely! :(:(:( Now im not sur eIf I should skin it or not

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 05:10:34 PM »
Well the one with the red rudder seems inaccurate. It has no yellow under the chin, but then masks it off so there's no red either. I mean, c'mon i'd have one or the other, logically. That leads me to think there was a B&W picture and the guy interpreted it as lichtblau instead of yellow. I say go with the half yellow chin, red nose, yellow rudder, and no yellow wingtips.

The Yellow chin because it seems most likely. The yellow rudder because a red rudder is almost unheard of. Yellow and white were far far more common. The "no wingtips" because of the decal profile. Decals aren't perfect, but they can lead you in the right direction sometimes.

So there ya go, red nose, yellow chin, yellow rudder, lichtblau wingtips. That's my opinion.

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 05:13:51 PM »
Couple reference photos, looks like a red rudder to me, but the noses are covered.

Found a profile of the plane in question..  However its not quite the same color as the models.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:19:30 PM by Fencer51 »
Fencer