Author Topic: Colin Powell Joins AlQueda  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Colin Powell Joins AlQueda
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 04:38:19 PM »
that's a brave stance to take in this world of ours
====
chair, this is a computer cartoon o-club forum.  You do realize no one takes anyone seriously here......right?

Unless of course, its a math question......:rolleyes:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
I enjoy the fact that Lasersailor doesn't let something like credibility get in the way of a post, that's a brave stance to take in this world of ours that puts an inordinate amount of emphasis on the facts and accuracy.

I've always seen him labeled as Democrat.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 04:49:05 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184

Then he must be a democrat.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

storch

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 05:02:25 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
that's a brave stance to take in this world of ours
====
chair, this is a computer cartoon o-club forum.  You do realize no one takes anyone seriously here......right?

Unless of course, its a math question......:rolleyes:
:rofl  some of these postards never fail to amaze me.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2007, 05:28:55 PM »
====
Powell is a conservative liberal.  At a minimum he is a liberal conservative

Or a consiberal erlative......:huh
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 06:18:45 PM »
I enjoy the fact that Lasersailor doesn't let something like credibility get in the way of a post, that's a brave stance to take in this world of ours that puts an inordinate amount of emphasis on the facts and accuracy.

:lol

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2007, 06:25:41 PM »

You know I think you've just given laser his career choice. He's qualified to be a politician with those traits.
:O
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 06:33:34 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Inaccurate but provocative heading to the thread. Nice troll RPM, particularly since you have had no additional input into it. It could have had some decent discussion had you not poisoned the well so badly. Why did you see fit to shut so many doors to it?

You assume he WANTED an intelligent discussion. I saw a troll with some really bad stink bait.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 06:49:48 PM »
Originally posted by Rino
Feel free to join the other side, I'm sure they'd be glad to kil..err have
you.

Thats a nice either your with me or your the enemy statement.

How very republican of you :noid
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2007, 08:26:44 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
I agree that there may be some innocents caught up in the mess, but I seem to remember that some have been in fact released.  It seems that those still in custody have at least some semblance of guilt at this point, and unfortunately for them, if you are involved in any terrorism, then you are guilty of supporting those groups that have defacto declared war on the west.  That is unacceptable to me, and they deserve to die.

Yea no big deal after all.. I mean who wouldn't want to spend 2 or 3 years waiting to be found innocent in such a great tropical location as Cuba. I mean hell it's like a free vacation isn't it?

I bet your tune would change if it was you sitting there for two years. Hell I bet you would even get all pissy if you had to sit in a normal nice federal prison waiting for two years with no hope of trial in the near future.

I mean I suppose maybe you would understand if 2 or 3 years were taken away from your life and you were given no chance to prove your innocence nor given the reason you were being held.  Hell it's just two or three years right? After all gotta support a war on a name right? Terrorist.. I mean they could be anyone hell they might live next door to yea no one is safe..
"strafing"

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2007, 08:39:28 PM »
You know I think you've just given laser his career choice. He's qualified to be a politician with those traits.
:O

In time...
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2007, 11:18:10 PM »
Once again you allow your own perceptions and perhaps prejudice to put words in my mouth that I neither expressed, implied or inferred. That was not what I was saying at all. Please quote my post that indicated I was in favor of Gitmo or made a judgement, pro or con, of it.

If you want to state your position, that's fine but please do not presume to express ideas that you think are mine.
Forgive me for taking so long to respond, I work a crazy schedule. As far as putting words in your mouth, I didn't realise I had. I was asking a question that you have'nt answered yet. Could it be that this is a case of trying to shoot the messenger than admit Powell is right? I sincerely hope that it's not.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2007, 11:49:10 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Yea no big deal after all.. I mean who wouldn't want to spend 2 or 3 years waiting to be found innocent in such a great tropical location as Cuba. I mean hell it's like a free vacation isn't it?

I bet your tune would change if it was you sitting there for two years. Hell I bet you would even get all pissy if you had to sit in a normal nice federal prison waiting for two years with no hope of trial in the near future.

I mean I suppose maybe you would understand if 2 or 3 years were taken away from your life and you were given no chance to prove your innocence nor given the reason you were being held.  Hell it's just two or three years right? After all gotta support a war on a name right? Terrorist.. I mean they could be anyone hell they might live next door to yea no one is safe..

Well, I could also look at the facts that I was not captured in a war zone, and not captured with weapons without a "cause".  I might then think my imprisonment was a bit much, but then again, I would be talking to Allah now wouldn't I.

You neglect two main facts:

1.  I am not an enemy combatant fighting in Afganistan or Iraq.

2.  I am not an outsider "supposedly traveling the lands" while in a war zone and I am also not armed in said area like most were.

So... How would I find myself in a "normal nice federal prison" if I am not breaking the law?  Hmm, maybe I find myself walking to the gun range here in Colorado carrying an Ak and I am labeled an enemy combatant... likely not though.  As far as I am concerned, I know I have done my part to help the war against terrorism, and I can give many references at 1st SOGt that will verify it.

Again, I say shoot the bastards.  They are enemies of our country in a time of war.  Our troops receive no quarter, why should they.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2007, 11:57:01 PM »
^innocence is overrated.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2007, 12:44:09 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Well, I could also look at the facts that I was not captured in a war zone, and not captured with weapons without a "cause".  I might then think my imprisonment was a bit much, but then again, I would be talking to Allah now wouldn't I.

You neglect two main facts:

1.  I am not an enemy combatant fighting in Afganistan or Iraq.

2.  I am not an outsider "supposedly traveling the lands" while in a war zone and I am also not armed in said area like most were.

So... How would I find myself in a "normal nice federal prison" if I am not breaking the law?  Hmm, maybe I find myself walking to the gun range here in Colorado carrying an Ak and I am labeled an enemy combatant... likely not though.  As far as I am concerned, I know I have done my part to help the war against terrorism, and I can give many references at 1st SOGt that will verify it.

Again, I say shoot the bastards.  They are enemies of our country in a time of war.  Our troops receive no quarter, why should they.

Yea typically when you start dropping bombs on a country and invade it.. That typically makes it a war zone.
"strafing"