Author Topic: P-47 Thunderbolt  (Read 4252 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2007, 09:30:17 AM »
Originally posted by Serenity
HOLY S***!!! :O :O :O

P-47 is UB3R!!!! Im sorry, this bird is squealing AMAZING! She outdives a Bf-109, so the BnZ is GREAT on her. I spent about 5 hours flying her when I got home friday night/saturday morning. I started off BnZing, but was getting no luck. Im just not good at BnZ. So, I saw a large furball, and decided to TnB low on the deck... DEAR GOD!!! The jug out-dives a 109 and turns like a Spitifre! I felt like I really was flying a spit! She was light, nimble, YoYos were killer, and I LOVE her in the rolling scissors. As long as I was careful about her energy, it was great!!! All 15+ (Im trying to recall from memory) kills in that period were LOW on the deck against Seafires and Corsairs. Virtually no deaths in the furballs. This plane is absolutely amazing...

It gets like 10 min of wep too, though not all ina row I think--watch the temp gauge and cycle it on and off throughout the fight, under normal 100% power, it will be a few ticks off the redline, when it stays ON red line long enough, ya lose it for a while, often at worst time
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2007, 05:28:09 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
It gets like 10 min of wep too, though not all ina row I think--watch the temp gauge and cycle it on and off throughout the fight, under normal 100% power, it will be a few ticks off the redline, when it stays ON red line long enough, ya lose it for a while, often at worst time

It gets only 5 minutes of wep, just like all american birds. The WEP is critical for the P47N. Without it you are the biggest, heaviest, slowest, worst climbing jug, with a slightly improved roll rate. With it, you out-everything the other jugs, perhaps except for tightest low speed turning circle. What a difference.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2007, 06:40:11 PM »
Originally posted by bozon
It gets only 5 minutes of wep, just like all american birds. The WEP is critical for the P47N. Without it you are the biggest, heaviest, slowest, worst climbing jug, with a slightly improved roll rate. With it, you out-everything the other jugs, perhaps except for tightest low speed turning circle. What a difference.

I know it can outturn a spit16 for a short bit, assuming he hasn't manged to get his flaps down yet. (Yah, the slow-climbing aspect is mind-numbing, making me think more about the D40, but it seems to require either more talent, more patience, or more wingies:lol

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »
Ive been flying with them these last few days, GREAT stuff. Bj, so far as far as best performance in these furballs, the D-40 is king. I wont ever fly the N. ENY is WAY to low for the added performance. In fact, im going the other direction. I might be in the D-11 by the end of the tour! (Im just getting comfortable in the D-25 right now)

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2007, 07:10:17 PM »
Ya, the D25 is nice ... .d40 does have a little extra kick to let you run if you need too .... but I prefer the d25 for a really nasty knife fight.

Good flying with you last night serenity .. I wish I had more energy to pull things together.  Will try to fly with you again sir, hope we can show you a better time next... and show you some good jug flyin' :)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007, 07:28:19 PM »
Originally posted by BluKitty
Ya, the D25 is nice ... .d40 does have a little extra kick to let you run if you need too .... but I prefer the d25 for a really nasty knife fight.

Good flying with you last night serenity .. I wish I had more energy to pull things together.  Will try to fly with you again sir, hope we can show you a better time next... and show you some good jug flyin' :)

lol. Sorry I disappeared... im kinda grounded, so my mum came home and I had to shut down before she got the door open :D

Ill be back on later tonight when Ashlee goes for dinner.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007, 09:03:42 PM »
Sorry I haven't been on the past couple late nights Serenity. I'm finally getting better from mono after 4 or 5 months so I'm starting to get back into sports and what not. I should be a lil more freed up after Wednesday though. Glad you are enjoying flying with the 56th and the Jug.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007, 09:11:34 PM »
Hey, no worries. Like I said, im grounded, so I tend to disappear mid-sortie when my mum gets home early ;)

Sorry about the other day. Id been playing since 0130 with zero sleep, so when you went AFK and I put my head down on the keyboard, I didnt wake up for another 5 hours, lol. (Yeah, my jug was STILL on the runway waiting 5 hours later, lol)

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2007, 01:24:12 AM »
Originally posted by Serenity
(Yeah, my jug was STILL on the runway waiting 5 hours later, lol)

And you didn't get vulched??????  I"m shocked!!!!!:D

Seriously though, I really enjoy flying the Jug.  She can be a real handful though.  Keep with it.  You won't be disappointed.

Obie:aok
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2007, 10:55:35 AM »
Originally posted by Obie303
And you didn't get vulched??????  I"m shocked!!!!!:D

Seriously though, I really enjoy flying the Jug.  She can be a real handful though.  Keep with it.  You won't be disappointed.

Obie:aok

I know! It was TT too!

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2007, 10:45:19 PM »
Alright, every plane has a 'sweet spot' for speed. a spot where she turns at her best. Anyone willing to share with me the P-47 D-40's sweet spot? Ive been trying to find it, but have been unsuccesful.

Oh, and ive changed my favorite P-47. While I still want to be able to fly the D-11, and its my favorite overall, I find I work best with the D-40, and probably the N, but I refuse to fly any ENY=5 plane ;)  I just find I fly the heavier birds with a lot more sucess. More stability, and more momentum. It makes E fights a lot easier for me. I like big Jugs :D

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2007, 10:58:11 PM »
serenity, SNap roll that  B**ch. Also as yucca told me once, she can do unreal things when she is at her most unstable point in a stall.
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2007, 11:12:27 PM »
thats awsome serenity keep learnin man 56th are great guys

big<<>> to 56th on our squad fight a while back it was great fun we had a blast in the jugs and in the ponys

from the 412th!:aok
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2007, 11:19:45 PM »
Originally posted by Platano
serenity, SNap roll that  B**ch. Also as yucca told me once, she can do unreal things when she is at her most unstable point in a stall.

ALL of my kills are at about 135 mph on the deck in a flat turn. Its where I PWN! lol. But I cannot snap-roll. I have MASSIVE issues keeping the D-25 and D-11 stable at ALL! Its an issue with my controler, since I got my new computer it is a LOT twitchier. It makes maintaining stability in ANY plane difficult, as it is WAY too responsive, but I find the '40 Jug' to be quite easy to control due to the added weight. Snap-rolls KILL me in the Jug. I stall, and spin, and then get nailed while recovering. High Yo-Yos are my secret.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2007, 11:50:10 PM »
Go into the TA and up.......tell everyone in there your free target practice........and just practice snap stalling and sliding your plane in there.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA