Author Topic: completely unenjoyable  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 10:38:24 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
The only thing keeping it from La7/spit XVI use in the arenas is lack of ammo.
Well that and ignorance of how good a plane it is.

Bronk

Actually, it is the guy flying it and his lack of 'aim'..... :D

Yak is a great plane and you takes some time to really figure out.  Once you do though it is a blast to fly.  :aok
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »
Yak.

<-----   Why'd anyone want to call a plane after a hairy Tibetan cow?
Whisky

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 10:53:05 AM »
yea I'm not long for this game either.

If you're higher.  You have a great advantage.  If you are lower, you have to work hard to get higher but OH you just got bounced by an LA7.

Sure, you can pull away or come in from another port, usually to be met by at the higher altitudes by even more skilled pilots, but you have more options at that point.

So, what then happens is, you find yourself flying forever before you can battle battle.

Then you have to ask yourself, what's next?  What can I do that is 'different or fun'.  So you take up some bombers, or work on attacking ords etc.  But for me, attacking into flack is ALWAYS a big no no.  I do all the right things but always end up dying or getting injured.  So that's not really fun.

The second you start focusing on ground forces to repel....OH here comes the uber LA or the diving p50run...

yea we can do all the same they are doing but geesh - give us something else to tinker with.  DIFFERENT maps would go a LONG way.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 10:56:12 AM »
All those noobs and simps in low ENY planes are the bread and butter of kills every tour. If those people start flying lesser planes, they'll compensate by trying to maintain an even greater advantage in alt and numbers. There's quite enough of that already.

As long as they're willing to mix it up, who cares what they're in? I'd rather deal with some clown in an La who's hell-bent on shooting someone than a bunch of numpties in yaks loitering 5k above me and not confident enough to engage until they have a 5 to 1 advantage.

Ukno, you really need to lighten up man. Your posts read like Urchin's.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 11:11:56 AM »
P51.  It used to be a formidable plane til they porked its turning ability.

Let's see...

Pros:
 It's pretty fast.
Good cockpit visibility
Good dive characteristics

Cons:

It's very average in sturdiness, has a radiator
It accelerates quite poorly.
Climbs below average
Turns poorly
Average lethality
Poor low speed performance
Average to poor roll rate and losw speed.

In short, the 51 is a long way from being an uber ride.

Offline 7Gank7

• Zinc Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »
I agree with ya atoon.  I'm new to the game (although I'm an old warbirds vet) and I've already learned to hate those freakin La7's buzzing everywhere.  Only manuver they seem to know is BnZ

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2007, 11:17:30 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey

Let's see...

Pros:
 It's pretty fast.
Good cockpit visibility

Cons:

Climbs below average
Turns poorly
Average lethality

I would like to add on the PRO side: still quite good instant turns at high speed
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 11:19:11 AM »
Originally posted by 7Gank7
I agree with ya atoon.  I'm new to the game (although I'm an old warbirds vet) and I've already learned to hate those freakin La7's buzzing everywhere.  Only manuver they seem to know is BnZ

They are far from buzzing everywhere. For real numbers, look my first post in this thread.
Besides that, you rarely see La7 venturing into enemy territory. They simply don't have enough gas.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2007, 11:29:43 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey

Let's see...

Pros:
 It's pretty fast.
Good cockpit visibility

Cons:

Climbs below average
Turns poorly
Average lethality

I assume you mean the P-51D.  I actually prefer the B.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 11:29:43 AM »
Originally posted by 7Gank7

Yeah, Unlike the 51s, typhies, tempests, vulch90s, F4Us, C205s, 109s and even spits.

U guys think lalas are so easy, take one up.  See how many kills you land.  I said it before.  The only real problem people have with lalas is that they ran them down.  No vulch ol cherry kill landings fo you.  No wtfg on your 15 kills in a F4U-1C or Tiphy.

Focus on killing them instead of where the ack is
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 11:45:35 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
The only real problem people have with lalas is that they ran them down.  No vulch ol cherry kill landings fo you.  No wtfg on your 15 kills in a F4U-1C or Tiphy.

Can I get an AMEN !!!

Those who fly in the "faster" planes that run when things go wrong (usually after the first reversal) cringe at the sight of an LA-7 ... cause they know they will get run down like a dog and ultimately killed cause they really can't fight for watermelon when things get ugly.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2007, 11:47:19 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Yeah, Unlike the 51s, typhies, tempests, vulch90s, F4Us, C205s, 109s and even spits.

U guys think lalas are so easy, take one up.  See how many kills you land.  I said it before.  The only real problem people have with lalas is that they ran them down.  No vulch ol cherry kill landings fo you.  No wtfg on your 15 kills in a F4U-1C or Tiphy.

Focus on killing them instead of where the ack is

you said it perfectly!!!!:aok

when i first began flying this game i flew the spit5 because it was the most forgiving model...but soon i realized i couldnt catch the "good pilots" who would pick me in a furball but then easily outclimb or plain run...lot of times these were 190's and 51's back then...i have an anti-german plane bias growing up in Britain and the 51 has never been sexy for me...so i tried the la7 and it is wonderful for catching the "great pickers" who used to live in 190d9 and 109g14 and 51s...now everyone has to fight when i show up!!!  i love it!!! it also easily outturns a 51 and 190...but it is NOT a GREAT turner and i have no trouble killing la7s when im in a different plane....

i have noticed that since the 190d9s and 51s get run down i am now seeing these l33t guys hopping in tempests/262s/f4u1cs....and then the crap of ..."oh its a perk plane so its ok"  puhlease....everyone one of those perk birds are better speed and cannon than a la7....which is what most criticize about them:huh
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2007, 11:48:08 AM »
only planes i hate seeing are niki's and ki-84's, i get turned into swiss cheese most the time.

190's, Typ/ Temp, 51's and c-hogs you seem to get the same fight. atleast from my breif experience here.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Can I get an AMEN !!!

Those who fly in the "faster" planes that run when things go wrong (usually after the first reversal) cringe at the sight of an LA-7 ... cause they know they will get run down like a dog and ultimately killed cause they really can't fight for watermelon when things get ugly.

Preach it brother slapshot!!!!

love seeing some other vets recognizing what the real hatred of la7's stem from....:aok
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2007, 11:55:15 AM »
It's all about the mindset YOU bring to the game.  Who cares what the other guy flies.  Shoot em down.

I fly a early/midwar bird all the time, the P38G.  And as anyone who flies with me can tell you, I don't fly at alt.  (Too old to waste time climbing)  So the bad guys are always above me and 9 times out of 10 are in better birds performance wise.

BUT!  Since I'm not really dying and the challenge for me is to beat them from a disadvantage, it's all good.

I'm a sucky pilot, but so far I'm 101 kills to 58 deaths under those circumstances that I fly.  10-3 vs Spit 16s, 8-4 against 109K4s,  9-0 against Spit IXs, 7-1 against LAs.  etc.

Quit grumbling about the other guy and kill em.  And if it's really that serious, it's time to do something else until you get your perspective back on the game :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters