Author Topic: completely unenjoyable  (Read 3818 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2007, 01:01:23 PM »
Originally posted by Atoon
Falc- your plane use/choice is logical and likely not the la7s I would normally consider slumming. I admit I was painting with a broad brush when I made the slumming comment. I think vets in la7s taking on a whorde is perfectly acceptable. Its more often used AS THE WHORDE though.

Hmm... didn't you say anybody who flew a "simp" plane was a "simp"?  Are we qualifying that now?  Sucking up because you were out-argued?  Changing your mind?  Ready for a retraction?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2007, 01:05:25 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

The La-7 has a whopping K/D of 1.23 ... a real monster in my book ...  :rofl
^

Yep. In K/D ranking, La is currently ranked #17, N1K #19 Spit 16 #28 :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2007, 02:02:32 PM »
Originally posted by Atoon
The real hatred of AH la7  for me is that I feel they were made so easy to fly to help NEWBIES with the extreme AH learning curve. Unfortunately there is no system keeping 6-7 year vets from "slumming" in them.

Tell you what.  You take a lala with its training wheels, I'll take a P40 and we will see how easy the lala is.

I guess the Yak you fly is a slow plane that does not turn well? :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2007, 02:08:17 PM »
All in all, this thread encourages me to start flying the LA7 more often again. :aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2007, 02:10:10 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
you obviously see this as a furball/dogfiting game

if the la7 was somehow modeled by HTC as a newbie training plane, then i missed that day and announcement...i dont think it is the easiest plane to fly..but i do think it is a tuff plane for vets to fly against....

It is a dogfighting/furballing game!

la7 is one of the easiest planes to kill, I find them to be no problem and a lot easier than yaks and spits and hurri's.   Dweebs that live in them, are just whiney little boys who don't want to learn the advantages of planes which they can't run from a fight in......!  That is my only complaint about la7 dweebs, they like to run, they run almost every time they can't sneak up and gang someone, and they run everytime they get scared, which is constantly!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2007, 02:11:07 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz
The Yak9U out turns the LA7 easily.

Just turn to the right.

I agree I've been flying the Yak this tour and I find it's a pretty good plane. I think it easily out turns the LA 7. Lack of ammo doesn't bug me too much because I've also been training myself in the 262 this tour. So I've been getting used to lack of ammo.

as for LA7's I don't like them, not for the planes, but for the guys that fly them. I use a LA7 from time to time  in two situations.  1) when a base has a raid coming in and I need alt fast. 2) If I need to get somewhere fast like trying to save a Vbase or something I'll up a LA7.

The issue I see with the  LA7's is, it's a plane that tends to make people want to HO and run away. It doesn't turn that good IMO so a weak pilot tends to try for the HO's then run away to extend so they can try another HO.
"strafing"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
All in all, this thread encourages me to start flying the LA7 more often again. :aok

Well, it is good vor vulching ang ganghording, so you should feel right at home in one!  Whenever you feel like getting slapped around in any of your rides, let me know, we go DA a little!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2007, 02:14:14 PM »
Originally posted by crockett

The issue I see with the  LA7's is, it's a plane that tends to make people want to HO and run away. It doesn't turn that good IMO so a weak pilot tends to try for the HO's then run away to extend so they can try another HO.

So do the vets that fly them!  :rofl

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2007, 02:14:49 PM »
WOW!
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2007, 02:15:40 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Well, it is good vor vulching ang ganghording, so you should feel right at home in one!  Whenever you feel like getting slapped around in any of your rides, let me know, we go DA a little!:aok

SkyRock 200:<--------- pwns slapping
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2007, 02:16:47 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Well, it is good vor vulching ang ganghording, so you should feel right at home in one!  

I certainly do. It was my first ride in this game and I used it almost exclusively for the first months, so it's still #2 in my all time "kills in" list. ;)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »
It doesn't turn that good IMO so a weak pilot tends to try for the HO's then run away to extend so they can try another HO.

Wrong ... the La-7 turns very well ... it does alot of things well. In the hands of someone who knows what the La-7 can do ... it is an extremely deadly airplane.

But, as we all know, the majority of those that fly the La-7 don't fall into the category I described above ... hence it's an easy kill once they decide to stick around ... hence it's piss poor K/D ratio.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2007, 02:28:34 PM »
"a poor workman blames his toolz"
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
completely unenjoyable
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I certainly do. It was my first ride in this game and I used it almost exclusively for the first months, so it's still #2 in my all time "kills in" list. ;)

I flew it almost exclusively from Tour 32 thru Tour 40 ... it was a blast. I think it's still my #1 killer too ... don't fly it much since then tho, but still love it when I do fly it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

storch

Re: Fly it.
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2007, 02:37:46 PM »
Originally posted by Stampf
Alot of actually good and valid points in this thead from both sides of the topic. I have the opposite affection for German planes than Falc does and fly them exclusively in Late War everynight.  Everybody plays differently, and always will.

There's: warwinners,landgrabbers,milkrunners,furballers,scoremongers,historytypesand  just plain old aviation freaks.  We have all kinds.  Who cares what the other guy is flying and why.  I'm a student stick at best and this tour I am currently at 115K to 12d and NONE of my rides made THE LIST.

The man makes the machine...Fight the man.  .
yup I guess so but you spend your time 10k above the fight and are a runner and a ganger.  please don't get all chest puffy as you are a timid player at best.