Author Topic: No Honor  (Read 3439 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
No Honor
« on: June 25, 2007, 07:58:25 AM »
Flying this weekend, was one of those days were everyone is just about a second ahead of ya in everything. All in all, lets just say I was dieing A LOT :)  Now while I'm no "lean, mean, killin machine", I can give pretty much everyone a good fight, and thats pretty much all I'm looking for any way.

Yesterday, while defending V6, I was grabbin a bit of alt.... was hopelessly out numbered, but figured alt might help me :) I found out a "well known" player was there in the attack. I figured I'd head back and give him a go, maybe I could learn something. We were out numbered 7-2, but I knew what plane he was in (its his favorite), and I was in a like plane so he would be easy to spot.

Getting back over the base.... which they had captured by now, I spot him. He's got the alt advantage, and he knows I'm coming back and in what type of plane. So as I fly along level I'm watching him pass 1000+ feet over head, while an F6 heads strait for me. At this point I'm more worried about the "Pro" flying over head, I "hope" the F6 isn't going to fire on his merge, but being the MA he does, I give him a squirt, with both take hits and are smoking. A second bad guy passes head on, and either doesn't fire, or has his tracers off, either way I don't fire either.

I tell the other friendly in the area that I'm loosing oil from a HO and dive out. From 5k or so to 750 feet off the deck I'm screamin along.... jug dives nice :) , the "Pro" follows me. In less than a minute, we are the only ones around. I type out on 200 "was hoping to have a fight but F6 HOed me", and then a bit after, I type "So your not going to let me go huh?". It took this "Pro" another minute and a half to finish me off while I was flying strait and level. Why? because we were in like birds and he was having trouble catching me, he used the last 750 feet of alt to build a bit of speed to then lob shots at me till I took enough damage to go down.

His excuses were many, "I didn't know it was you"," you should have called out","I was busy watching 2 other targets, didn't see your message". All of which is BS, he just wanted a cheap "freebi" of a kill. This guys been flying here forever (you can check his score back to Tour 12), and I believe he use to fly in Air Warrior too. Back in those days if you called "bingo" most guys would break off, say "nice fight", and go there seperate ways with a "I'll get you next time!" and a salute. I guess thats too much to ask these days.

I know, its the time of the "squeeker", and we shouldn't expect much, but this guy is an old "Pro", well known in the community, and I thought, someone with honor, and a little class. Its sad to see how corrupt, how "needy" some of these guys have gotten.

For me, I'll still let a guy go if he calls bingo, unless he turns back on me, I'll still hold my shot when running into a head on merge, till the clown HOs me then he gets it from then on(oh btw, for the F6 that HOed me, a HO is when you make a head on pass WITH guns blazing, its just a merge when you don't fire). I know its "just a game", but I'd still like to see it played with a little class, a little honor. Cheap shots, and gameing the game just pisses people off, and takes away from the fun.

I could name names here, and post the film of this "Pro". Show that when I was typing to him on 200 we were the only ones around, but that just wouldn't be classy, and I have a bit more honor than that.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:05:18 AM »
I'll let a guy go if he i someone whom I like, and asks...but if he's an Lghey pilot, f'em
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:11:59 AM »
Honestly, Im going to kill a guy if hes smoking. Im not going to let him get home. Its not like real life where you spared a guy. In here the difference between life and death is a " F&^@!" or a "Phew!" Thats it.

~AoM~

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:39:34 AM »
Whats kind of 'BS' as you put it, is that you had to run from what became a 1 vs 1 because you had oil damage, lol.  Where were you going?  Back to your wife and kids?  She'd proly make you work on the house anyway lol.

Why not turn around and kill him or atlist try?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Online Max

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 08:45:09 AM »
I read your post to my dog. She went back to sleep. Thanks for sharing.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
If you had gotten to a point where it was just the 2 of you, he was probably pinging you to try and get you to turn around and fight. So what you have some oil on the windscreen ... your still able to fly/fight.

I would have done the same thing to you ... why run straight and level and die, when you could have turned ... fought some ... and then died ... the result would have been the same, but you at least you would have put up some sort of fight.

If you had reversed, you might have had a chance to survive.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 09:01:43 AM »
oil hit or no oil hit, once we were 1 on 1 I woulda killed 'em.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
No Honor
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 09:11:20 AM »
Well I guess we can see who has "class" and who doesn't !!!  LOL!!

Ya I could have turned around once we were a few miles out from the VB, but even on a good day with a plane undamged I didn't really stand a chance against this "Pro" in his favorite ride. The point of the thread was pointing out how thw community has degenerated to such a state that HTC might as well call it "Quake II".

I'm sorry that the topics of "honor" and "class" were a bit to deep for some of you to understand. You may now return to your "vulchfests" and HO rides, and have a nice day.

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
No Honor
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 09:11:39 AM »
He didnt see your 200 message, so what?  There are 200 people in the arena, if you knew his name, which you say you do, you should of PM'd him.

You have an oil leak in a Jug, so what? It'll fly forever.

No Honor???

lol

:O

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
No Honor
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 09:28:22 AM »
i would have shot you down also, no mercy, war is dirty business
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:31:18 AM by ghi »

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 09:32:22 AM »
I cant see anything smaller than a heavy bomber with oil hit, I don't even try anymore
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Hazzer

• Copper Member
      • Fleetwood town F.C. Cod Army
No Honor
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 09:38:22 AM »
Be Honourable if you like,but you should never expect it.
"I murmured that I had no Shoes,till I met a man that had no Feet."

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 09:40:54 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Well I guess we can see who has "class" and who doesn't !!!  LOL!!

Ya I could have turned around once we were a few miles out from the VB, but even on a good day with a plane undamged I didn't really stand a chance against this "Pro" in his favorite ride. The point of the thread was pointing out how thw community has degenerated to such a state that HTC might as well call it "Quake II".

I'm sorry that the topics of "honor" and "class" were a bit to deep for some of you to understand. You may now return to your "vulchfests" and HO rides, and have a nice day.

You HOed the other guy, then dove and ran. Honor? Class? Since when is either typified by diving to the deck and screaming for mercy once the advantage is lost?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
No Honor
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »
I read a book a month or so ago called "Mustang Ace."  Obviously about a P51 pilot.  It was interesting to note, that even late in the war, when most of the honor had disappeared, both Luftwaffe and USAAC pilots allowed their opposing number to ditch a wounded bird.

That being said, this is just a game.  For $14.95 per month you can play it however you like.

Personally, if you were smoking, I would have finished you off too and without excuses or an apology.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »
For me, it depends. I would not have let you go, because you took your damage Head On. If a pilot EARNS his way home, Ill let him be. By that I mean a good fight. If im fighting a guy and say he calls bingo fuel or bingo ammo. Assuming it wasnt a fight riddle with HOs, Cherry Picking or gangbangs (And chances are, if he has the presence of mind to CALL bingo, hes also smarter than to HO or Cherry Pick) I will let him go. If he takes an oil hit due to an enemy OTHER than me during our fight and needs to RTB, he can go, so long as he promises to come back and finish things :)

Any head ons, and your dead to me. If you sustain damage BEFORE my engagement, unless youre one hell of a pilot and earn it through your teeth in my fight, its your own concern. And if I take out your oil or fuel, youre dead. I gave you that damage, I WILL take the kill for it. Just my oppinion. Any pilot can earn his way home with me, so long as he fights fair.