Author Topic: PERK prowlers  (Read 2175 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2007, 06:43:51 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Yea you disproved it alright. :rolleyes:

Remove eny, would you care one iota how many were sitting in tower?

Bronk

Firstly good morning.

Secondly as insinuated by another your little more than a troll here.  You evaded the Perk prowler question at every instance.  Even when directly asked.  You have contributed nothing of reasoned intelligence to Perk prowlers or your own theory of ENY whine.  I'll add that the only person turning this thread into a ENY whine is yourself.  

Thirdly ....yes I have disproved your rhetoric by pointing out all the statements I have made countering your err lets say "selective reading".

As for this quip, for want of an apt expression

Remove eny, would you care one iota how many were sitting in tower

Oh so easy to deal with and bring it back to PERK prowlers.  So, to deal with the question you put, as follows.  Yes I would to a degree but only to see a spirited defence from the foe.  If I wanted to take bases unopposed there's EW and MW or better still OFF LINE.

It would be of more concern to the undermanned side than the resetting side.  Here's the simplest analogy I can think of.  Your on the losing side.  Your outnumbered.  Even with the enemy being ENY'ed your side is being rolled.  (go read my "description" of events in opening post).  Even with tower prowlers on the enemy side your losing bases and or being horded, as happens at these times.  (following so far?)  

There are a few options available to you in this scenario.  You could log off having decided it's a lost cause or simply and, more to the point NOT FUN.  Some of your team mates are starting to do this but as they log out or off their being replaced by even more enemies wanting to be in at the WIN.

You could hopefully fight on.  You could ask for assistance by PM'ing friends or squaddies in other arenas asking for their help but crikey ARENA CAPPED oh my, arena capped.  Jolly whiz the other side has us outnumbered and we can't get help because 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 sitting in the tower ............well thought of :rolleyes:

However, in the real situation those PERK prowlers are your best friend right now because the tied is on the turn.  Some of your team mates have logged out / off.  Replaced by even more enemy.  Many of which are not active adding to the ENY calibration.  You then find your team isn't really out numbered and the bonus is, their trying to take your town down with such things as TBM's.  Absolute paradise to repel and or claim back your lost bases.  PERK prowlers saved your day.....what a fine job of defence you did even when part of your team bailed.  Hip hip your team.

You'll still call it an ENY whine but for all the wrong reasons.  Your backed up in the corner or you still refuse to get it.  Maybe a village is missing a certain person but here's some stuff to think about.

opening post describing events
Rooks had 130 players when I left for bed 3AM UK time (11PM east). We were losing fields hand over fist by now and still under ENY restrictions. Of the 130 Rook players 86 were in the air or active. The Knights for example had 91 players with 71 active or in air. You can see the difference from these figures which doesn't include Bish in it's equation.

Posted by whiteman
Bish 103-52
Rook 52-45
Nit 41-38
Not sure how it turned out i left after awhile, but eny isn't the issue it's dolts that just sit there for hours. .......that's 50% of BISH sat doing NOTHING.  :rolleyes: Leaving 52 guys facing 83 and still under ENY.

Some have mentioned "auto kick out" for inactivity.  I personally don't favour this but humans being as they are it's probably the only real option if we keep reset perk rewards.  The argument here is when to set the auto boot.  45 minutes, 1 hour, 1 and a half  hours?  Even when reset isn't imminent some guys log in before work to secure a place in MA for when they get home.  Seen this done by a couple of people which doesn't help off peak players like myself.

Some mention "In flight" ENY.  I could live with this concept and yes Bronk I see you agree with Lusche after HE pointed out it's open to abuse.  However it's using a worse case scenario.  

To add to your ENY WHINE 20 guys sat in tower waiting for a mission up is just as likely to get ENY'ed before the up.  Wouldn't guys in that team take off before the mission so they themselves personally don't get ENY'ed.  Circumventing the action of the pending mission?  I don't suppose you would see that.  Folk would cotton onto this quick time.  After all why should Mr sprey and prey Ho'tastic give up his Lghay for a bunch of shedders ? Or who ever he is for that matter.

Some have mentioned "area ENY".  I'm indifferent to this concept mainly because I don't see how or if it could be augmented.  Can it be "coaded" and why would they bother when there's much easier things that can be done.

Some have mentioned "you get perkies logged off".  Well if that's the case there should be some kind of announcement to stop all these PERK prowlers.  I'm not talking about HTC or skuzzy e-mailing every single player.  Just a "header" on the HOME PAGE.  Perhaps a post in these forums to be spread by word of mouth. Many people believe you have to be logged on as I did, .......and  no Bronk I'm over 30k perkies before you even insinuate.

Some have mentioned "NO PERKIES". This in my opinion is the only true fair and right way to go.  In it to win it.  No reward other than personal satisfaction.   Yes it's very easy for me to say with a bucket load of perkies but for everyone else that seeks perkies, why not just up the perk rates.  Wouldn't like to say triple but double or 2/3 as much would help the newbies no end.

Keep the ENY as is and become ENY'ed because you darn well deserved, expected and accepted being ENY'ed.  No one's selfish needs inflating ENY and screwing it up for others. No more PERK prowlers.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 07:08:39 AM by LYNX »

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »
Someone had quite a bit of time to kill^^^
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2007, 12:33:21 PM »
Some have mentioned "auto kick out" for inactivity. {snip} Even when reset isn't imminent some guys log in before work to secure a place in MA for when they get home. Seen this done by a couple of people which doesn't help off peak players like myself.

And human nature being what it is.... the guy's who do all these things would simply find the most obscure, out of the way place to spawn a jeep instead.

That's a solution that would fix the problem without changing anything.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2007, 04:28:31 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Snip.

Wheeew
Lynx, all you had to do was leave out the mention of eny in your first post.
Then I'd have to agree with you.
People hanging in tower afk taking up space is better used by people wanting to get in the arena.

Bronk
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 04:30:45 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4