Author Topic: Am I imagining alot of recent warping?  (Read 554 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Am I imagining alot of recent warping?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
To expand on that.  The situation is you add lots of squeakers and noobs for the summer.

These squeakers are on 2-week trials over dial-up, or their broadband connection or client side machines are having to deal with not only running the game, but all the junk they have running in the background:
IM programs, spyware, maleware, child monitoring programs, resource heavy anti-spyware/maleware programs, bit torrent, software-based firewalls, file sharing and downloading in background, or simply their connection is experiencing an external attack to try and get into their system.

In some cases the client machine is just very low end.  Low end CPU, graphics cards, limited memory, fragmented hard drive, limited cashe.  Possibly they are on an overtaxed network, or connecting through a satellite connection (lag).  

Final result is that with either connection problems, or client side resource limitations, you get lot's of warping players.

To expand on the expansion.................... ................:)

When I said squeaker overload I wasn`t just talking about the game. It`s summer vacation time and the internet load and traffic is increased considerably as a whole. The kids can blame it on lazy , off duty teachers who refuse to apply down at the Tastee Freeze and stay home being annoying to the future world leaders. :)(God help us )
Seriously it happens every year about this time as far as I can remember. My knowledge of this is very extensive. I have now learned what the big button on the tower is for. I have, however, seen this expalined a few times by a certain , bearded, extension cord tripper proned, intardnet whiz from Grapvine Texas.
We usualy just told him to tell HT to fix this crap. It had to be coming from there. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
I saw some horrid warping today.  When we called him (edwoo) out about it and told him to stop. He said openly on chan 200, only if we said please, which leads me to think he was warping on purpose (he claims it's his Dial-Up internet), but honestly I don't know.  It's quite frustrating and annoying when you aim at someone and fire and they just happen to warp at that particular moment.  :furious

Actually EDWOOO is in my squad, and it happens in formation too. Not as much as it used to, but he is dialup. Theres not much he can do, but I guarantee you, its his connection.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 08:25:24 PM »
Originally posted by 4deck
Actually EDWOOO is in my squad, and it happens in formation too. Not as much as it used to, but he is dialup. Theres not much he can do, but I guarantee you, its his connection.

Roger that.  Just wish those warps would affect his shooting at us too  LOL.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 05:00:11 AM »
Originally posted by oldtard
I am sorta of use to some warping now and I understand that alot of factors make up for someones warping but 1 think i have noticed in the last 2 weeks (about 10 times or so ) when i get with in 400-600 yards behind someone they just dissapear,
They are not re-appering on my 6 they just go puff and they gone
  ALT F4 they are doing that so they don't get a kill against them if you can get just one hit on them before they do it you will get the kill.