Author Topic: Am I imagining alot of recent warping?  (Read 555 times)

Offline miraj

• Copper Member
Am I imagining alot of recent warping?
« on: June 26, 2007, 06:18:39 PM »
Is it just me or have I been seeing ALOT of warping in the past couple of weeks ?

The distance/speeds/energy have been way off , in particular , I have noticed this with enemy 'stangs , low,close to my base , and near towns.

I now that it happens every now and again , but I have seen it much more frequently here lately.

Anyone else agree??

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:32:30 AM »
Last night the situation was as bad as I've seen. I'm used to the occasional epileptic con jumping through space but every sortie last night seemd goofed.
What I'm seeing are a lot of extremely well timed warps. EVERY time I got a shot  off FR stuttered and the target made a little slip over in one direction, just a little. Enough to cause huge ammo consumption. I even had a couple completely dissappear and wind up somewhere behind me (remember Asteroids?).

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:52:50 AM »
Originally posted by Thruster
Last night the situation was as bad as I've seen. I'm used to the occasional epileptic con jumping through space but every sortie last night seemd goofed.
What I'm seeing are a lot of extremely well timed warps. EVERY time I got a shot  off FR stuttered and the target made a little slip over in one direction, just a little. Enough to cause huge ammo consumption. I even had a couple completely dissappear and wind up somewhere behind me (remember Asteroids?).

Packet loss is a fact of internet gaming which we have to deal with but don't want to.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 07:54:59 AM »
Squeaker overload.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:53:07 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Squeaker overload.

To expand on that.  The situation is you add lots of squeakers and noobs for the summer.

These squeakers are on 2-week trials over dial-up, or their broadband connection or client side machines are having to deal with not only running the game, but all the junk they have running in the background:
IM programs, spyware, maleware, child monitoring programs, resource heavy anti-spyware/maleware programs, bit torrent, software-based firewalls, file sharing and downloading in background, or simply their connection is experiencing an external attack to try and get into their system.

In some cases the client machine is just very low end.  Low end CPU, graphics cards, limited memory, fragmented hard drive, limited cashe.  Possibly they are on an overtaxed network, or connecting through a satellite connection (lag).  

Final result is that with either connection problems, or client side resource limitations, you get lot's of warping players.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:58:04 AM »
Go into some of those 8 player arenas you will hear guys teaching people how to do it. I watched a fellow bish right his call sign in the sky letter by letter. Kind of looked liked those sparklers kids use when fireworks season is on & they whizz them around at night time. So in answer is it happening of late I would say no! it goes on all the time. After a while you will get to know who the guys are who do it all the time. Brake off any fight you have because they will just warp behind you & kill you.

Offline oldtard

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 11:05:04 AM »
I am sorta of use to some warping now and I understand that alot of factors make up for someones warping but 1 think i have noticed in the last 2 weeks (about 10 times or so ) when i get with in 400-600 yards behind someone they just dissapear,
They are not re-appering on my 6 they just go puff and they gone

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 11:07:53 AM »
LMAO ~ you BBS name is OLDTARD? Completely funny.:aok
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline oldtard

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »
Originally posted by texasmom
LMAO ~ you BBS name is OLDTARD? Completely funny.:aok

LOL its OLD42 in the game texasmom i forget to put that on my post sometimes

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 12:32:19 PM »
Originally posted by lyric1
Go into some of those 8 player arenas you will hear guys teaching people how to do it. I watched a fellow bish right his call sign in the sky letter by letter. Kind of looked liked those sparklers kids use when fireworks season is on & they whizz them around at night time. So in answer is it happening of late I would say no! it goes on all the time. After a while you will get to know who the guys are who do it all the time. Brake off any fight you have because they will just warp behind you & kill you.

:noid :noid :noid

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 12:52:21 PM »
Its the shift in magnetic poles caused by the alien experiments.

:aok
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 01:10:16 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Squeaker overload.

Sounds like a bad horror film.

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 01:10:35 PM »
No, it is actually an effect of a residual harmonic of the Tesla impulse that was generated near the beginning of the last century.  :O

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 02:26:14 PM »
i have along id of some kenigits Warping as you get 300yrds off their tail. Infact i have 3 vids from the same day of the same guys.....magic 1000ft waping with them landing on your 6 at 200yrds... on the same path as you with their wings at the same angle as you.....ect...
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 04:59:37 PM »
I saw some horrid warping today.  When we called him (edwoo) out about it and told him to stop. He said openly on chan 200, only if we said please, which leads me to think he was warping on purpose (he claims it's his Dial-Up internet), but honestly I don't know.  It's quite frustrating and annoying when you aim at someone and fire and they just happen to warp at that particular moment.  :furious
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.