Author Topic: Why does Karaya play AH2?  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Why does Karaya play AH2?
« on: June 26, 2007, 10:49:46 PM »
After 5 years of playing Why do I continue to play?   Is it watching some foam at the mouth and yell at their screens, while not being able to take a joke or sarcasm?    Is it the constant whines of threads posted?   Is it because I enjoy flying with "friends" that I have never met.    While I have met some, I haven't met a lot of em.  

Why on God's green Earth do I bother.    The answer is easy.   He's the one who is sitting on my lap looking at the poster in this picture and asking which plane I am in.  

He can already see pictures of Spitfires and tell me they are just that.    Same goes for the P-51.   He can also tell a B-17 from a B-24.   Although, he likes the Ju-88 the best.  

Here he is next to a T-28 Super Heavy Tank.    

He can tell you the name of this Tank.  

Here he is next to an LVT

Here he is lifting a 30 lb round

This was one of his favorites, the M-10

Here he was at 4 years old, at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo

We took Ian to the Patton Museum on Friday, and he thoroughly enjoyed himself.   He enjoys Aces High as much as I do.  He always "wants to see the wings of the plane".  

Most of my friends have heard him at one point or another, and they chuckle.  He'll turn 6 on Sept. 8th, and I brought my wife and him home on Sept. 11th, 2001.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:51:50 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
Strong little guy. Has no problem lifting that sabot round.:D

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 11:04:12 PM »
I logged into BBS tonite to say my newest "See yall when I get interested again" post, and then close my account.  Kinda Ironic that your thread was on top as I entered, K

I have always valued our friendship. Maybe one day we can meet face to face. For you and for Ian, I'm just gonna take a month off. Maybe my perspective will change.  "Timing is everything" they say, tell Ian I said Hi:aok
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 11:15:03 PM »
:aok

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 11:26:03 PM »
Outstanding Karaya!  Great post!

My boys, wife and I made a visit up to Grapevine during Spring Break.  The oldest is 6 and has been collecting corgi and other airplanes since he's been 3 years old.  He's done cockpit time in my lap and has watched me play for years now and actually better than me in GV's!

Jonathan had been asking to go to Grapevine to show Pyro and HiTech his "airplane science book" to show them planes he liked and hoped they would make :).  Well we finally visited with his book in tow and he proceeded to show Pyro the Me 410, He-111, B-25, the Gigant and I can't remember what else.  About a week later his eyes got as big as saucers when I showed him the list of planes we were getting to vote on which included those very ones!

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 11:28:12 PM »
Karaya, I'm withya...I just start'em a lil' bit earlier :D

Duke

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 11:32:47 PM »
There ya go Duke!   PeeFawty Powah!

~AoM~

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 12:18:12 AM »
awesome :) i'm done with my exams by the way, you owe me a carb fight :D

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 12:27:29 AM »
Aviation history was something i shared with my son for all 21 years i had him Karaya.  Enjoy it.

Andy would sit in his crib and try and put together models that I had.  From the time he could talk, if I needed him to settle down, all I had to do was take the 1/32nd scale Spit IX I had off the shelf and let him hold it.  Holding the "breakable Spitfire" was something he thought was the best thing ever.

Airshows, model building, drawing, you name it, he had the bug as bad as I do.  He flew AOE, EAW, and then flew AW with me and finally AH.

In typical father/son style, he liked LW birds while I was an RAF/USAAF nut, although he fell for the 38 long before I did and finally sold me on it in AW.

He could tell ya the differences between the 109 variants and the 190s.  His model building skill far exceeded mine by the time he found girls and drifted away from it.

He was my best buddy.  I never needed to worry about hanging out with the guys cause I had my boy and he was much better to be with.

I'm glad to see you dont' take him for granted.  I'll miss mine for the rest of my days.

Good looking kid btw :)

My son Drew, when he was about 10, in the cockpit of a Minn ANG F4D at the Air Guard Museum we volunteered at.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 12:32:45 AM »
ahhh dan, sounds like you guys had some good moments. so glad you have lots of good memories, even though i know memories are no replacement :(

drew

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 12:46:40 AM »
Originally posted by 1Duke1
Karaya, I'm withya...I just start'em a lil' bit earlier :D

Come there little 1Dutchess1, let Uncle Slash show you the P-38.:D

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 01:40:56 AM »
You guys are gutting me here - should have marked this thread "Not Safe For Home", the family are looking at me funny.

... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 03:39:41 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Come there little 1Dutchess1, let Uncle Slash show you the P-38.:D

Isn't she a little old for you Slash.   :rofl
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 03:46:22 AM »
Slash, that is not funny.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 07:12:51 AM »
Originally posted by NOT