Author Topic: lag warriors  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
lag warriors
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2000, 10:12:00 PM »
Well I've been reading this post and have to admit that, warp or no warp, massive ping times or short ping times,  I have been shot down by everyone who posted here!    

So all of you can calculate this (*)!!    

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 02-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 02-11-2000).]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
lag warriors
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2000, 02:41:00 AM »
I know some one probably mentioned it, but it is often just the "Perception" of being out turned.  When in all probablity you ARE NOT being outurned.  It just appears to so be so.

Much can be said about the utilization of a good "Lead Turn".  The problem with "Lead turns" is that they are hard to recognize by looking at a computer CRT.  More often the NME plane appears to be pointed in one direction, but actually pointed in another direction.  This can throw you off.

Recogize the movements required for lead turns.  Look at the turn, but not the direction the NME plane is pointed.  The computer will fool you.  

Good Luck!  

Mino

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
lag warriors
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2000, 03:45:00 AM »
Yes, Lephturn, I've got the newest drivers available, along with DX7a.  The problem is not drivers or computer, it's the card itself.  It attempts to render the prop, making a swirling grey blob in front of me.  In any external view, I get 35 + fps.  (If we could turn off the prop graphics that would be great.)  It is nearly impossible to shoot on this computer while flying a fighter.  (A long time ago I saw a post by Hangtime describing a friends computer that he set up for AH.  He had the same card and same problem.  Hangtime, if you read this, can you tell me if you were ever able to solve this problem.  It's driving me crazy!)  
My other machine is just fine.  All I get is a little orange ring near the edges of where the prop should be.  Can anyone who has this problem please tell me if they were able to correct it.  The video card is an ATI Expert (@work) (ATI Rage Pro chipset type) with 8 MB ram.

bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
lag warriors
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2000, 03:57:00 AM »
Need to post some more.    The one thing I forgot to add that is truely the greatest advantage for me with a high speed connection is the fact that you don't get killed 2 seconds after you fly past someone.  It is also pretty easy to see if the tracers being fired at you are anywhere close as well.  When at home on the weekends, (I am now), I have to use the modem on my 366 celery, and tracers ALWAYS look like they are WAY off when a bomber is shooting at you for example.  I tried to film a couple things earlier tonight, but everytime I turned the thing on, my death was always the result.

I will need to add another post to the stupidity awards.  I made a perfect pass on a b26 and blew off his wing and send him spiraling to the ground.  It looked so cool that I turned on the recorder and began to circle his position, watching him go down.  Just as he hit the ground, BANG, PING, BOOM, "System: Handy #1 shot down bloom25."  Not only did I never see him, because I was filming the b26, I lost the kill as well.  
So that is what I get for all my work attempting to film something.  

bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
lag warriors
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2000, 08:51:00 AM »
D'oh, we all get killed using the recorder... but losing the kill too bites!

BTW Bloom25, did I mention that a V3 2000 can likely be had in the US for $50?  That's all it would cost to fix your video problems and get a great framerate out of your celery.

------------------
Lephturn
The Flying Pigs

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
lag warriors
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2000, 12:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by Lephturn:
D'oh, we all get killed using the recorder... but losing the kill too bites!

BTW Bloom25, did I mention that a V3 2000 can likely be had in the US for $50?  That's all it would cost to fix your video problems and get a great framerate out of your celery.

Or even a TNT1, thats what I have and it runs at 40-50 with the same set up as you bloom.
Torque:
Annoying to fight against. Cant put my finger on it but must have something to do with being shot down. It would be in the best interests of HTC to not allow him to play.
Connect speed.
I am running at 28k, moving to ADSL next week. Will post eval of difference.

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Crew