Author Topic: me be confuseed....  (Read 654 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
me be confuseed....
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 06:57:28 AM »
Ah, gotcha, I have some utilities that will show you where memory etc is being assigned, useage etc. Not sure I have anything that will map current irq useage, but will take a look. Lemme know if you want me to hook you up with them (would be my pleasure). If I dont have anything that will help, I'll ask around at work, as the guys I work with are pretty good with having that sorta stuff........

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
me be confuseed....
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »
I'm always open to learning, though preferably by choice:). I'm certainly spinning up my understanding of Linux (currently in that OS). Basically I moved everything I can over and did what I can to create a better prevention/recovery strategy. This is the 1st MB I've had with separate "data" HD interfaces. From the little I gather it helps to prevent certain types of "issues" but I'm still learning. From the research/reading I've done the problem with "injectables" is very real and growing. Hopefully as more people get dinged better detection/prevention will follow....

Both Asquared and another program have been denied access to certain dll's so I up loaded them for analysis....maybe that will shed some light on this thing eventually:). Next step is getting AH running on this box on linux.....

BTW, so far it (Linux) is pretty impressive, if your comfortable around the command line (I used to be) its pretty simple...and the GUI is actually pretty good. I'm amazed at the quality of code out there. So far I havent found a single thing (movie,photo,email,etc) that isn't comparable or better to XP/Vista. The biggest drawback is really the limited apps...

The only other "issue" is I have grub in the MBR and the neogrub tagged under the vista bootloader. So it loads grub and defaults to Linux (which is pretty easy to edit). The vista bootloader is an "option" which then has xp/vista/Linux. I'm 99.98% sure I can just reload the MBR (using easy BCD 1.6) but that .02% has bit me in the oscar more then once so for now (till I can search the Ubuntu forums) its an aesthetic annoyance....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
me be confuseed....
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 04:38:57 PM »
Just FYI, I found a link posted yesterday in the Xandros forum about malware infected versions of Ubuntu spreading over torrent sites.

http://www.funtechtalk.com/trojan-horse-loaded-version-of-ubuntu-704-spreading-over-torrent-sites

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
me be confuseed....
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 06:19:43 PM »
I dont ever use anything over torrent (at least that i'm aware of)....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson