Author Topic: Texas State Lawmaker Opposing Deadly Force Bill Shoots Would-Be Thief  (Read 3247 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Texas State Lawmaker Opposing Deadly Force Bill Shoots Would-Be Thief
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »
Wonder if the hypocrite will change his vote.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 07:47:43 PM »
How many of you really think deadly force is justified over the theft of a fishing rod?

How many of you KNOW that your state would not prosecute you?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 07:48:43 PM »
Right here. Your property is your property, whether it be a fishing rod or a car.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 07:50:08 PM »
So you'd kill someone over theft of your fishing rod?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 07:57:53 PM »
Yes, I would. For in the process of him taking me fishing rod, he may just want to take something else. He's already stolen one thing, what's to keep him from stealing something? Maybe, me money, me car, me life's work, me life? Thieves are thieves, they aren't going to change. Thieves will kill. Therefore, when dealing with them, it's kill or be killed.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 08:13:05 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

If it came to that....yep :(

McFarland couldnt have said it better.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 08:15:35 PM »
Deadly force is a means to preserve the things that can never be replaced, not to protect one's pride from the affront of a would-be thief lifting a fishing rod.

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 08:21:34 PM »
Pride? This is aboot your things, not your pride. What if that fishing rod were handed down from the generations? What if your papaw gave it to you? And even if you did go buy it at the local WalMart, or made it yourself, it's still YOURS. Not HIS. He is taking what belongs to you. Sure, it can be replaced. But what else will he take next once he realizes you're a soft target? Maybe you life savings? Maybe your car? Maybe your collection of antique model aircraft? Maybe your wife? Maybe your kids, for ransom? Maybe your life, if you just happen to walk in on him stealing the other things? Thieves will kill, they aren't above the law. When dealing with criminals, it's kill or be killed. I would rather defend me home than lose it.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »
Deadly force is final. There is no backspace key to return from there. There is no kings X to fix it. It is deadly, final, maximum prejudice.

I would think before firing. You have to.  The only reason not to would be if you were under duress to save your life or that of a loved one.

Under the right circumstances I would not hesitate to fire at someone and would do so only with the intent to end their life, not to maim, wound, or frighten.

Word.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »
Originally posted by McFarland
A man here in town tried to break into a home through a skylight while the owner was away. The owner came home, found him laying in the floor with a broken leg, and called the police. The thief sued the homeowner for his broken leg. He won the case.

A man tried climbing down the chimney to break into a house. (This sounds like the same guy.) He got stuck halfway down. The homeowner came home, found him up there by his yelling, and called the cops and the fire department. The homeowner tried suing him for the fact thay had to tear the chimney apart to get him out. He didn't win. The robber sued him for getting stuck in the chimney, and won.

nice urban legends.   BS

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 08:34:43 PM »
Originally posted by bustr
More often Ned is 70-85 and hears a noise in the dark. Earl is 16-35 and has been working on his criminal record for some time. Ned catches Earl in the act of liberating his life long personal property because the elderly in many cases have collected quite a bit of it. Earl being younger and stronger incapasitates Ned along with removing his property.

Ned spends the next 3 months in the hospitel burning through his life savings and meger insurance on doctors bills. Concho could not be there to protect Ned and is not required to in any state of the U.S.. But Concho does not want us non LEO citizens to have unristricted "rights" to protect ourselves, family and property and tells us why it's not a good idea for the unwashed masses to have the right to stand our ground.

But the freashman congrass man from texas doesnt get a mention from Concho probably because of the ex-LEO background so he is one of the anointed in being able to blow away his fellow citizens when they try to steal the copper pipes from the new home he is building and throws a pocket knife at him. He shot the perp in the leg so that just shows us unanointed how much more worthy LEO's are to protect themselves than the rest of us unwased masses..................

Kinda like sewing up your own cut then mentioning it to your doctor months later and you get read the riot act because a 3 inch cut could have soo many unknown complications..........how did we ever survive before LEO's and doctors....sheeesh........... ............:rolleyes:

that puts things in perspective for everyone.
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 08:40:14 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

A threat against personal property is the most egregious threat to our basic rights.  

Rape, murder and torture are a distant 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 08:44:36 PM »
No, those two law suits were real. They really happened, and the thiefs actually won. They aren't BS. And if it's me property, I'm going to protect it. It's taken me a long time to gather what little I have, and no thief is going to take it from me. Theft is theft, it is wrong. Thieves will kill. They could have chosen to do right, but they chose the wrong path. So they are going to pay for it. Any man that comes on me land, and I wasn't asked beforehand, is going to get shot. He just chose the wrong path. Granted, I'll yell at him asking his business, and if I don't get a reply, or he tries to run, he won't go far. And he makes any quick moves, he's had it. Me land is me land, it's mine, and not his. No man has the rights to something another man has.

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 08:47:58 PM »
Originally posted by bustr
More often Ned is 70-85 and hears a noise in the dark. Earl is 16-35 and has been working on his criminal record for some time. Ned catches Earl in the act of liberating his life long personal property because the elderly in many cases have collected quite a bit of it. Earl being younger and stronger incapasitates Ned along with removing his property.

Ned spends the next 3 months in the hospitel burning through his life savings and meger insurance on doctors bills. Concho could not be there to protect Ned and is not required to in any state of the U.S.. But Concho does not want us non LEO citizens to have unristricted "rights" to protect ourselves, family and property and tells us why it's not a good idea for the unwashed masses to have the right to stand our ground.

But the freashman congrass man from texas doesnt get a mention from Concho probably because of the ex-LEO background so he is one of the anointed in being able to blow away his fellow citizens when they try to steal the copper pipes from the new home he is building and throws a pocket knife at him. He shot the perp in the leg so that just shows us unanointed how much more worthy LEO's are to protect themselves than the rest of us unwased masses..................

Kinda like sewing up your own cut then mentioning it to your doctor months later and you get read the riot act because a 3 inch cut could have soo many unknown complications..........how did we ever survive before LEO's and doctors....sheeesh........... ............:rolleyes:

Don't put words in my mouth donuthead.  All I'm saying is that people should be held to the same standard as the police and a have a REASON to use deadly force, not just because you can.

You can bet your bellybutton the first person that kills another just because they are on their property will be charged with murder.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 09:01:46 PM »
McFarland,

Look up the word "my" and learn to use it.  
People will take you a bit more seriously if you don’t write like your working on the script for Deliverance II.