Author Topic: Bring Back The MA  (Read 8894 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2007, 08:16:04 AM »
Starch, please don't cross the "liar" line. I don't care if you continue to stay SAFELY ANONYMOUS and shoot out more insults from behind your manly monitor. Whatever. We've been here for years. HiTech & Crew have not forcefully disbanded us, much to your disappointment. This kind of bullpucky will go on for years to come, and it solves nothing. It accomplishes nothing.

And Falc is right. Not only do we have our squad on squadnight, but Dogz of War, Dickweeds, Dustoffs, LTAR, and many others take it upon themselves to tune in, and they and many others are always welcome. ( you guys:) ) The only thing we as BOPs need to do more often, is reciprocate in kind, IMO.

I've also appreciated Waffle for his respect of us. If anyone knows absolutley that we have fun above all else, it's him. I've had fun flying with him when he was a BOP, with him when he resigned from the squad, and against him when he chooses to be Knit or Rook.

Storch, you could choose to learn a few things from him, but based on your past behavior, I believe you would think that it is beneath you to learn to be a good model of sportsmanship.

On another aspect of this whole issue, I've run into great players, such as Simaril:aok , who has said in the past that he doesn't agree with our policy of staying Bish, BUT he is another one that I respect BECAUSE HE RESPECTS US, regardless. I've had fun whenever I've encountered him, (mostly getting my prettythang kicked by him:D ).

Again, you could be a man and learn from these guys, and others like them, or you can be the "Pencil-Neck Geek" behind the monitor, safe at home after work, reveling in your own self-righteousness.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2007, 08:57:07 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Take it easy man I've got beverage here.:rofl

I love that movie.:aok

Walter Sobchak: I told those ****s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

Donny: What's Shabbos?

Walter Sobchak: Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't ****ing ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as **** don't ****ing roll! Shomer shabbos!

The Dude: Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Shomer ****ing shabbos.

The Dude: Oh **** it.

:rofl

We should have a Lebowski watching party at Dichos house.:D

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2007, 10:28:01 AM »
Trinity and Big Isles :cry

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
hate to be a party pooper, but i really dont see why we should change it back.

the only people who have been affected for the worse are those who play for rank, it seems.

S!

I fail to see how you can believe this,

You REALLY need to check out EW and MW SOON.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2007, 02:40:05 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27

We should have a Lebowski watching party at Dichos house.:D

Great idea let's ruin his carpet and piss his wife off!!!:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2007, 03:31:48 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
hate to be a party pooper, but i really dont see why we should change it back.

the only people who have been affected for the worse are those who play for rank, it seems.

S!

Originally posted by Laurie
I fail to see how you can believe this,

You REALLY need to check out EW and MW SOON.

Were talking about the split of LW arenas, What goes on in the EW and MW has no effect on the LW arena other than scores. The "milkrunners" have had a big impact on the scores. I think that is what B@tfink means. So those who fly in the LW arena and want the "one arena" back are the ones hurting because they can't compete with the milkrunners in the other arenas.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2007, 04:11:17 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Were talking about the split of LW arenas, What goes on in the EW and MW has no effect on the LW arena other than scores. The "milkrunners" have had a big impact on the scores. I think that is what B@tfink means. So those who fly in the LW arena and want the "one arena" back are the ones hurting because they can't compete with the milkrunners in the other arenas.

Batfink is a super guy but...  That has absolutely nothing to do with the reason the majority of us who do want the MA back are voicing our opinions.

That is about as unfair a statement as if I said the only ones who want the arenas smaller are those who want to be able to cherrypick some isolated chump and expect to fly home without someone tagging HIS six.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2007, 05:05:36 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
storch you sell AMWAY for a living (no i am not making this up)...  that sums it up for me

Very tasteless, Falconwing.  I'm sort of surprised at seeing something like this from you.

- oldman (you can classify me in the lower classes, too, I suppose.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Very tasteless, Falconwing.  I'm sort of surprised at seeing something like this from you.

- oldman (you can classify me in the lower classes, too, I suppose.

oldman

if i insulted you, then i apologize...and the comment had nothing to do with status...but behaviors i have observed numerous times with folks who participate in that product...i realize it is a generalization but he represents exactly what i dislike about the folks who represent AMWAY that i have come in contact with...(that includes peers and professionals who i feel prey on their staff and patients)

unfortunately i do have great disdain for that product and especially the manner in which is spread...i feel there is a lot of deception involved under the guise of Christian values and "befriending" someone...

again i apologize if i have somehow inadvertently offended you, your behaviors have never been anything but gentlemanly...and it is bothersome to me if i have caused you discomfort..

falc
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 06:24:29 PM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bring Back The MA
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2007, 06:27:08 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Oh ... and those who speak of Drex and Levi ... Drex left long ago when the MA started its intial stages of saturation and Levi left during the saturation when it reached critical mass ... and the main reason IMO probably being ... the "community" feel that Dan spoke of, was gone.

By and large my absence is driven by three things.  I've got a (relatively) new job, and I pretty much stopped playing anything when I was job hunting.  The second is that we're in the process of selling our house, so my controllers are all packed up.  And the third is that these days World of Warcraft is just more fresh than Aces High when I do feel like playing something.

Unfortunately, when your controllers are all packed away, you can't fly even when you do feel the urge to log in and do it.  Hopefully that'll change soon though if this damn house will ever sell.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »
Man, a thread isn't complete until someone calls someone else an Amway salesman.

Falconwing

Godspeed - my prayers are with you
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2007, 06:52:44 PM »
Man, I want to see night flying, maybe have a night flying ARENA.  Then a LARGE MAP ARENA with DAY and NIGHT flying seperate.  

-WMD

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.miraclehat.net
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2007, 09:35:36 PM »
Oooh night flying, yes please. Freaks me out when the earth suddenly does a 180 at about 6pm.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2007, 01:10:07 AM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
oldman

if i insulted you, then i apologize

It isn't me you insulted, Falc.

The greater point is this:  What we do in real life has nothing to do - at all - with our view of AH, its problems, its great points.  We're all equal here.  If you're a doctor and Storch sells Amway, that has no impact on whether it's better to fly in big groups, or dive from high altitudes, or work to reset the map.  AW, and now AH, are ageless and vocationless (what a lousy term).  I wish we had the old AW4Win screen back again, that showed the young and old, the wise and stupid, all together.  Real World occupations have no bearing here.  It's very important - very important - that we all remember this.

- oldman

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2007, 07:13:15 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Real World occupations have no bearing here.  It's very important - very important - that we all remember this.

- oldman

So what you're saying is, nobody is going to be impressed in my career as a vermin proctologist?? :huh

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV