Author Topic: Bring Back The MA  (Read 8664 times)

Offline HaDeSs

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bring Back The MA
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2007, 08:55:31 PM »
Originally posted by Yknurd
Your parents really shouldn't let you play on the internet.

Well im 46. Maybe i need to ask my self if i let me play :) ( i dont play, i fly
even if it is a sim).

By the way, bring back MA.
And the suckers who whine, l..s and other sissys,
who they was crying for years for a EW arena and now who they took it
they fly alone if they fly at all.

1, 2, or 50 EW arenas, they suck and they will always do.
They whine because they cant accept that they suck.

Have you ever listen Drex or Levi whine about being outnumbered?

A real furballer dont need EW or MW or LW or even MAs.
He fight everywhere every time he find enemies, what ever arena.

But together with their whines they succeded to destroy our MA and our
fun.

And when i say *our* i mean more than 90% of players or maybe more.

It is realy time for HT to *start* listen the big base of MA players.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2007, 09:02:48 PM »
Originally posted by crims
Well if its SO Bad why is everyone still Paying the 15 bucks a month.

:noid :noid :noid

Crims

479th Raiders FG

Cause its the only thing out there of its kind. Quick large furballs.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2007, 09:21:08 PM »
I would say if there are those who want low capped arenas, have one for them! by all means! most of us would prefer the variety, pace and gameplay an uncapped arena would provide
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2007, 09:36:16 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
What this thread really sounds like is.....

No matter what HTC does, I'm not gonna be happy because I'm not happy unless I'm complaining....

That or it's a classic the grass is always greener on the other side thread, which is the same thing

Your opinion is as valid as those opinions put before you.  Why not test your theory..... ask the thread question peak time on 200 in any MA ?  Your aware that only 1% post here of the 4% of total player base registered with the forums.  I'll wager you'll get even greater YES's on 200.  Even more green pasture seekers.  

Don't get me wrong I believe it's a thankless task for HTC no matter what he does but many of us preferred it as it was.  Jesus even after a year folks are still pissy about it.  That has to mean something.

I hope the player base is growing but I don't see the "Significant" increases even after a nearly a year.  I hope HTC is making significantly more money than he was a year ago. I also hope the faithful customers the "bread and butter" subscribers get a crack at a larger old terrain.  Doesn't have to be all TOD.  Doesn't have to stay until it's reset.  A week would do. New guys might like it to. All I'm asking for is every now and then just to keep us amused.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
When did anyone in this thread ever tell HTC how to run the show? No one ever said Hitech you HAVE TO do it this way. We all would like it done our own ways, but I think most of use here realize we don't call the shots we can only ask for certain things.

But like JB88 said the Arena setup as is is horrible and needs addressing.

You just did tell HTC what they need to do.

"the Arena setup as is is horrible and needs addressing. "

Your words
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2007, 10:36:51 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
dunno.  

i was paying for it one way and ENY kicked in without any real notice.  and i was suddenly given something different.  but i kept paying because i liked the game and it seemed like a small thing.

then, i was paying for a game with one main arena and one day it changed again without  notice and i found that i had paid for 4 arenas instead, but i kept paying, even tho i suddenly wasnt getting what i had paid for when i subscribed because i had hope that it would get better.  

then one day i logged on and couldnt get onto the country that i wanted to because a new system was being tested.  once again, without any notice...and
i couldnt get on with my squad when i only had and hour to play.

and then one day the terrain turned into this dark combobulous murk for several weeks without any notice and...

i have kept paying.

wish the changes could be something like different terrains or maps or something...at least then it would be additive rather than subtractive.

now, i don't get to fly nearly as much as i would like, and when i do i find myself tired of finding new changes to what had been a good thing that happen again without any notice...and without and real sense or appearant concern about the general feeling that the community has with regards to the changes...

same small maps over and over.  no more fights to win wars.  squads broken up...gameplay changes.

the list goes on.

it's pretty disappointing and it's lost so much of it's luster for me because of it.

so i suppose that someday we will actually get the b-25 that we voted for in april...and someday we will get the TOD or CT or whatever it is that has been in developement since well before i came here.  maybe then all will be well and the clouds will part and we all see the light.

and maybe someday HTC will honor it's commitment when it takes my money and gives me what i paid for for the short periods that i paid for it...or at the very least give  a little notice before it starts throwing wrenches into the gears.

and maybe someday we will get a fix for the arenas...somehow.

but im not holding my breath anymore.

maybe i am really just losing interest.

The problem with this post, and most of the others in this thread, is everyone is posting "what they want", and is looking at the situation from "their OWN point of view". The arena split accoplished what it was intended to do other wise it would have been put back the way it was. What was intended with the split? I can't really say, because it would be MY opinion based on what I FEEL. I, like everyone else here have no facts to back up any opinions un less your Hitech, hopefully he knows whats going on  :aok

I'm thinking he's doing pretty good, there seems to be more people flying these days, granted most of them are "squeekers" but Im sure a few new "junkies" will get hooked. The maps are boring right now, only because we were spoiled with all the influx of maps at one point. I'm sure some new ones will be made, submitted, and accepted. Untill then, I'll fly around DAN, and pick up anyone I can chasing him down looking for their pound of flesh..... err 38 parts.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2007, 10:57:10 PM »
You just did tell HTC what they need to do.

"the Arena setup as is is horrible and needs addressing. "

Your words

I voiced a opinion I didn't tell htc to change it I said it needs to be addressed....thought there was a difference....
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2007, 11:21:58 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
I voiced a opinion I didn't tell htc to change it I said it needs to be addressed....thought there was a difference....

LOL.  Think about what you said

The arena set up is horrible.    (HTC your work sucks and I want it changed)

It needs addressing.  (HTC you need to listen to me and fix it.)

As near as I can tell HTC did address arena concerns.  This resulted in the set up we have now.

It's interesting to me that I see the change as having done a few things.  In particular it's brought the social aspect of the game more to the forefront.  It seems to me that was part of what Hitech was trying to promote.

When I go into the arenas there is a recognizable group of people and the interactions between players has become much more respectful and enjoyable.

I have yet to have a night where I couldn't find a fight.  The horde has become much less of a factor.  If anything it feels more like my early days flying in AW in terms of community and personally I'm having a heckuva lot more fun.

I could care less if some guy is so obsessed with points that he milks an empty arena.  I don't pay attention to that.  It's not part of my fun in the game.  

I would suggest that underneath all this bring the MA back stuff is still the wish for the large multisquads to be able to get together and dominate an arena.

And again I'm of the opinion that the change was clearly for the better.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2007, 12:14:48 AM »

I would suggest that underneath all this bring the MA back stuff is still the wish for the large multisquads to be able to get together and dominate an arena.

And again I'm of the opinion that the change was clearly for the better.

i am not currently in a squad, but i have no problem with them in any way shape or form.  a tight nit squad is an incredible experience that you wont find anywhere else and i believe that it should be appreciated for the incredible creature that it is.

as for whether or not it is better.  i disagree.  and i believe that you are of a small but very vocal minority in your opinion.

that is not to say that there are not benefits to some of what has been implemented....but i wouldnt say that it is spot on by any stretch.

that said, my intention is not to tell HTC what to do.  my intention is to address what they have done with the game and express my feelings about it....as a part of a larger community.  i am not anti HTC.  i dont think that i would still be here 3 years later if i was.  i dont get some thrill off of biting on about things that i do not feel strongly about.

as a consumer, i have felt alienated by the constant shifts without warning, the periodic abstract shocks of gain and loss that have rained on this game since i began playing several years ago and the relative distance that HTC seems to be taking with regards to its player base.  it almost seems a bunker mentality in some ways.

i just don't think it is a healthy environment anymore and i no longer get the sense that they are enjoying what they do, which is unfortunate, because how many people get to do what they do?  how many people would love to?

of course you cant make everyone happy.  its not possible.  but is it wise to disregard the momentum of discourse entirely?

is it reasonable that i should have to pay in advance for changes that may just pop up?  i do....but i have started to resent it a bit.  

i remember an AH where there was teamwork.   an AH where the war was the thing that sat as an umbrella over all things.  you had a bit of everything and everyone doing lots of stuff...but it was all together as one.  one community, one war...now it just feels fractured and uncalculated.  it feels rushed and unthought out.  it feels unsymetrical.

i understand that they are busy working on TOD (CT) but it seems to be at the expense of something that was really special and it's starting to feel like a broken relationship where the communication is no longer a part of the dialouge.

that said, i don't discount your appreciation of the current state of affairs, and i am certain that you are sincere in your views, but must that neccessarilly mean that those who do not share it are simply complainers who have nothing better to do?  is it possible that it is the scale of the sentiment that enhances your view?

by saying that i am dissatisfied, i am expressing what i need as a person yes.
but i am also, by setting it with others, i am adding that need to the larger whole.  i am also thinking of the others who would like to get as many people behind them as they can so that by some miracle some shift might occur which might actually deliver us from the stalemate of the status quo and into a better compromise.

if lots of people are still saying it after a year...then there just might be something to it.  i think that there is.  

so if there are alot of us that feel this way...  in another view it is actually you who are expressing only what YOU want while discounting the needs of others right?  

just saying.

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2007, 12:50:00 AM »
from what I have seen in my time as a HTC subscriber...I do believe player input does play some role into HTC's decision on changes to the game.  One way to give input/feedback is these boards.  I am not saying that it is the sole or majority stock holder in his decisions, but it does play a part.  If people quit posting their thoughts... he loses that input.  IMO...if they didnt want any input/thoughts...threads like this would of been closed long ago.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
I'd prefer the old MA setup but the way HTC explained why we have the setup we have now I can understand why we dont and dont forsee it comming back.

That being said.
Two things I think do need to be done

1- Up the cap limit on the arenas substantially in general

2- I think they should at least have it setup so no two arenas ever have the same maps at the same time and possibly list the map name currently in a particular arena in the arena choise menu.
At least in the late war arenas if nothing else

Then you can see what map is in use in what arena and choose accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 02:20:47 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2007, 01:58:20 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Bollocks comes to mind when I think of your line for those most affected.

You have your opinion of rank it seems but if you are playing for rank it's a paradise now.  So many arenas and some of them near empty it's paradise for repeated stuka runs, repeated GV runs, near unhindered field captures in C47 and M3's.  If you have the time for damage sortie even strat bashing in Lancs or perhaps a quick change of sides to stuka your old CV.  

Big hairy gonads mate.  If you like the split set up fine.  State why you do.  Don't try and insinuate with FALSE propaganda it's rank players whinging on.

just my opinion ;)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2007, 03:42:32 AM »
The key to things here, is there are a bunch of people, telling HTC how to run their show.  We don't like the decisions you made, and we want it our way.

At one point do folks accept that just maybe, these folks who've done this work for far longer then the rest of us have been flying, might just have a clue as to where they want there game and their business to go?

And We pay 15 bucks to have our say on how the product we pay for can be improved to a paying customers liking.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2007, 05:11:31 AM »
lol most :aok 's ive ever seen in a thread and i highly agree we need 1 MA for any amount of time pweaty pwease wit a cheewy on top

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2007, 05:22:06 AM »
I miss fighting for “the war”, not “the wars”
I miss the massive Furballs, where almost every pilots would show their skills and strive to be an Ace in the donut.
I miss the donut!
I miss the massive bomber missions.
I miss half the community in the other arena.
I miss the big maps, where you could find all different kinds of fights.
I miss shooting down strat bombers, now they just go and farm the less populated arena.
I miss the crazy NoE and blitzkrieg tactics that use to be used on a daily basis.

Please feel free to add to this list, if you like.

, Kazaa.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."