Author Topic: Time for a new camera  (Read 105 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Time for a new camera
« on: July 13, 2007, 11:31:49 AM »
Meatwad needs a new camera.

I currently have a Samsung Digimax 200, 2.1 MP (6 yiears old)

I prefer something towards an amateur professional type camera that you can change the lens on. I seen an Canon EOS type camera that looks interesting, but with those types of cameras I cant tell one from another.

Would like one that does time-lapse photography for taking pictures of fireworks/lightning/etc.

I dont want to break the bank, but also no cheap POS. I really would not want to spend over $300 since I seen some nice ones in the 250 area.

Taking the missus out to dinner tonight and see if I can butter her up to let me buy an expensive camera :D
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Time for a new camera
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:37:05 AM »
So... you want to buy a camera with interchangeable lenses that costs less than $300.

I think you might find a Nikon D40 for that.

Of course... the lenses will cost extra. ;)
sand

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Time for a new camera
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 11:41:42 AM »
I did see a lens for that Canon that was about $175

Maybe one that just has a decent zoom capability that can also do time-lapse photography for taking pictures of fireworks/lightning/etc. Interchangeable lenses not needed
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women