Author Topic: Spies - closing a game hole.  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Spies - closing a game hole.
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »
Originally posted by Bingolong
I bet you remember your squads mates though and I bet you talk to them too, no mater what side your on. To me that is what should be disabled cross country coms. Squadmates can change sides and still talk on sqd vox
type on sqd channel. BS.

That would never stop any "serious" spying, because you can still reach your squaddies via instant messengers, or other game voice programs.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bingolong

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
That would never stop any "serious" spying, because you can still reach your squaddies via instant messengers, or other game voice programs.

Still should'nt happen in the game. If they really feel the need to go out of there way fine, should'nt be facilitated in the game.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 10:44:13 AM by Bingolong »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2007, 11:49:36 AM »
one would think that all that's left of this horse is mush and sludge by now
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2007, 11:55:23 AM »
Originally posted by Bingolong
Still should'nt happen in the game. If they really feel the need to go out of there way fine, should'nt be facilitated in the game.

You know I really don't think spying is that big of a problem that it needs changes like that to be made to the game.  I'd have to say that just about all of the squads in AH don't condone spying, nore use it during their game play.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
Killshooter - really a good thing?
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2007, 01:58:28 PM »
Why not turn killshooter off?  Would that really be so bad?  I fly FSO's all the time where killshooter if off, and we don't have any problems at all.  Frankly, if I cut in front of someone and get a load of lead up the tail, I deserve to get shot down.

Consider:
1.  If some dweeb starts vulching his own side, what would happen?  His country would hear all about it on country channel, and a bunch of folks would up and kill him about a hundred times.  Suddenly it is open season on .

2.  If someone is busted spying, everyone in the country gets the pleasure of hunting him down and killing him.

3.  If some dweeb is constantly stealing kills, or cutting in front of you while you are shooting at an enemy, you get to blast him into pieces instead of blasting yourself to pieces.  

Would the loss of killshooter really make the game worse?  I don't think so - just adds some more realism to the game.  It isn't like friendly fire didn't happen IRL.

EagleDNY
$.02

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Killshooter - really a good thing?
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »
Originally posted by EagleDNY
Why not turn killshooter off?  Would that really be so bad?  I fly FSO's all the time where killshooter if off, and we don't have any problems at all.  Frankly, if I cut in front of someone and get a load of lead up the tail, I deserve to get shot down.

Consider:
1.  If some dweeb starts vulching his own side, what would happen?  His country would hear all about it on country channel, and a bunch of folks would up and kill him about a hundred times.  Suddenly it is open season on .

2.  If someone is busted spying, everyone in the country gets the pleasure of hunting him down and killing him.

3.  If some dweeb is constantly stealing kills, or cutting in front of you while you are shooting at an enemy, you get to blast him into pieces instead of blasting yourself to pieces.  

Would the loss of killshooter really make the game worse?  I don't think so - just adds some more realism to the game.  It isn't like friendly fire didn't happen IRL.

EagleDNY
$.02

You can by no means compare FSO with MA population. Here you have a selected few pilots, most seasoned veterans, bound by their squads& united by a common goal and under CM supervision - there you have the anarchy of the MA, full of lone wolfes, "fun" squads, deranged individuals and so on...

So you offered us a few "just" reason why/when to kill a friendly con. It doesn't even matter if I agree to them, pretty soon people will make up their own reasons to shoot at a friendly:

"He is a spy!" - is he really?
"He stole my kill"
"Hes not helping the war effort!"
"He's a tard"
"Scorepotatos should be shot!"
"I kill all friendly buffs, because they ruin our furballs"
"You didn't check my six last week"
"He is a cheater!"
"LOL, he had 10 kills when I shot him!"

Add to that the noobs that don't know what a green icon means (and prolly would never learn that way) and the quite huge amount of people just lovin to create havoc....

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »
Lusche is right on the money on this thread.

I do, as a side note, think HTC should lengthen the time that a player can hop from one country and return....96 hours ought to do it.  

68ROX

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »
The old original Air Warrior had FF on if I recall... it was a LONG time ago and I do have trouble rememebring stuff that happened this morning.

Wasn't there the old PNG status after 2 or 3 FF incidents?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Killshooter - really a good thing?
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 02:35:36 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche

Add to that the noobs that don't know what a green icon means (and prolly would never learn that way) and the quite huge amount of people just lovin to create havoc....

And ofcorse, my "no landing list".  Killing Jaxxo and Hub on landing match easyer than sending an invite while firing over their head and chk6-ing them 50ft of the runway :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2007, 02:40:37 PM »
Sorry you lost your 8.5k base you captured while Bish were milking arean with a 18 ENY penalty.:O
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Re: Re: Killshooter - really a good thing?
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2007, 02:42:06 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
And ofcorse, my "no landing list".  Killing Jaxxo and Hub on landing match easyer than sending an invite while firing over their head and chk6-ing them 50ft of the runway :rofl

^--- Do I have to say more???? :rofl

Offline Gryphons

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2007, 02:58:43 PM »
I really wish the killshooter was off in this game.  It adds another sense of realism.  I remember other online flight sims that didn't have killshooter on and everything went fine (although the communities were generally smaller and mostly over the age of 18).  Every once in a while someone would come along shooting friendlies but this was very rare and the people were soon booted or PnG'ed.  I think it's kinda sad that something like killshooter needs to be there (although I agree that it does).  I remember when flight sims used to attract more mature players who were interested in learning ACM and not those who would ruin others fun just for their own pitiful sense of enjoyment.

my 2 cents
Classic Army G36C, KWA Glock 17, Well M4, UTG M24
71 Squadron RAF
Gryphon5

Offline DmdFiat

• Copper Member
      • AnticoElements.com
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »
If people went back to realize this is a game and not take it so seriously there wouldn't be spies. They'd be staying in their country drinking beer and laughing.

Geez.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
one would think that all that's left of this horse is mush and sludge by now
Ha, these folks will start making horse hair brushes before too long.   Give it some time.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2007, 03:14:25 PM »
ks turned off in the MA's doesnt work ...

One time i was limping my hairdryer home ... one eng out ,wingtips blown off ,all shot to hell ... i go back two grids behind the lines to get a clean attempt to land .

so here i am circling in and this noob has to up and try to kill me... what a joke . if ks was off i woulda been toast and very very po-ed .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation