Author Topic: I hate russia.  (Read 7764 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
I hate russia.
« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2007, 12:41:05 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Daiquiri :
- 4 cl de rhum cubain (havana club, bacardi, etc)
- 2 cl de jus de citrons verts
- 1 cl de sirop de sucre de canne

Margarita :
- 4 cl de tequila
- 2 cl de liqueur d'oranges (triple sec,cointreau,grand marnier)
- jus d'un demi citrons verts

Daquiri...definately!

And Boroda, - I said there were many good things about Russia. (Of course we have been bashing around about the bad stuff, but I had to promote some like the ballet etc, as well as teasing Hortlund :D)
I did not mention this soup or the cooking because it is unfamiliar to me, but I am copying the recipe, and sure as hell I am going to try it!
Want some Icelandic recipes, - pm me!
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
I hate russia.
« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »
Daiquiri vs Margarita the outcome

After 3 shot of each the Dutch judge , the other Dutch judge and the French judge* all agree they need another go later*

** et viva el integrated fire fox spell checker !

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
I hate russia.
« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2007, 01:10:34 PM »
Well, read what you posted more carefully: Drop Shot had a fixed date when "blue" side had to start hostilities.

No.....that is incorrect......from the link I posted.....

a date arbitrarily set for planning.

Note that it doesn't say a date arbitrarily set for an attack, a date was set for planning purposes.

The plan called for defending the Western Hemisphere and Western Europe,

It was a defensive plan, with plans to destroy the Soviet capability to make war with conventional and nuclear bombs. After the USSR's ability to make war was destroyed, the rest of the plan was for a massive counteroffensive to occupy the whole USSR. (No different than the plan for defeating Germany). So you see, it wasn't a First Strike plan, it was a *just in case* plan, also known as a contingency plan. This was planned *just in case* the USSR and the Warsaw Pact attacked Western Europe.

These types of military plans are perfectly reasonable. I expect the USSR had some of these very same types of plans.

Just because these types of plans are in place does not mean that either or both sides are actually planning on initiating warfare.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
I hate russia.
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2007, 01:15:08 PM »
Originally posted by Angus
Daquiri...definately!

And Boroda, - I said there were many good things about Russia. (Of course we have been bashing around about the bad stuff, but I had to promote some like the ballet etc, as well as teasing Hortlund :D)
I did not mention this soup or the cooking because it is unfamiliar to me, but I am copying the recipe, and sure as hell I am going to try it!
Want some Icelandic recipes, - pm me!

:)

You can try but don't use this recipe! There are a lot of different recipes of solyanka but this one is incomplete and strictly speaking incorrect. Try google

The problem with national cuisines is that it is not easy to find right ingredients. For example, cucumbers. The best would be cucumbers in brine, not pickled. They shouldn't be sweet or hot, only salt.
You have to take at least 5 different kinds of meat.
The broth should be rather strong, so it is better to use good peace of beef on bone.

And couple of links with pictures. The second one is in Russian but pictures will give you idea

http://www.russlandjournal.de/en/recipes/soups-and-stews/solyanka.html

http://www.say7.info/cook/recipe/258-Solyanka-myasnaya.html

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
I hate russia.
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2007, 02:00:29 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Neubob, it seems to me that you are a little biased ;) People smiling in the streets don't look like white crows here. We just don't fake smiles. Youngsters sent to study to the West are definitely outside my social niche, they are more alien here then most of the Western visitors. I have enough experience with "golden youth", since late-80s, they are mostly moral freaks to me. People calling their country "ðàøêà" (rushka) and everyone who doesn't have a "pager" (beeper) in early-90s or a father's car with a driver now - "áûäëî" (cattle)... And this morons usually  couldn't afford to buy a bottle of cheap port-wine, drinking with us on our money looking as if we owe them, while we already were working, making our own lives, not hiding at our parent's lap (I am speaking of late-80s/early-90s). They collapsed every time they came in contact with real life.

I don't think we're talking about the same people, Beard. These are not the 'Majori' of modern Russia, who get carted around in daddy's car by daddy's driver. They generally have decent ambitions, good heads on their shoulders, ample but not excessive family support, and the general willingness to do good. These are the ones I met here, in the States. The ones I've spoken with in Russia just seem like average youth to me, as at home in Vladivostok as they would be in Washington DC.

As for some sort of feeling of entitlement, I'm happy to say I've never witnessed it. In my experience, they've always been able to afford their own liquor.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:10:08 PM by Neubob »

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
I hate russia.
« Reply #320 on: July 20, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Nashi are a crowd of illiterate young fools, "comsa", pure essence of idiocy in ass-licking and following the modern Party line.

At least we agree on something :D